[3.24] fezz's Toxic Rain Champion - Step-by-Step PoE Build Guide for Beginners & Casuals

"
fezz8386 escribió:
While spell suppression below 100% is still a good defense, you really want to have 100% due to the fact that it's is guaranteed and thereby you dismiss the factor of rng. And: there is an easy fix for you -> Unskill Spell Suppression Mastery, skill Magebane, problem solved. You now have 110% Spell Suppression which means you aren't even reliant on the Spell Suppresion on your helmet.

Right I see; we don't really care about using evasion as an actual defensive layer in this build then?

"
fezz8386 escribió:
Didn't see it, you are fine then. By the way, you are missing out on 44% increased damage on that Mastery cluster (small nodes)

Oh shoot, I didn't realize the 12% damage with Bows stacks with the 12% Damage with Bow skills on that node?? Is that how it works? So it's 24% incr damage per node (for our DoT)?

"
fezz8386 escribió:
a) Read this
b) Having Molten Shell on left-click is a nice-to-have setup (because you get a nice shield every ~5seconds) while having a CWDT Molten Shell is a very strong defense layer because you get a shield WHEN you receive X amount of damage
c) Vaal Molten Shell gives you a way bigger shield. On top of that Vaal Molten Shell gives you BOTH the normal version AND the vaal version of the skill. In a CWDT Molten Shell setup this comes handy because you have 1) the automatic shield protection from the normal version and 2) an emergency button to press (Vall Molten Shell) for dangerous situations.
d) Quality on Molten Shell increases the duration of the shield by 1% per 1% quality so it's beneficial. But this shouldn't be an either or decision. Go for the non-quality setup first, then work on the quality setup.

So the normal spell is supported by CWDT and the vaal skill is used by us in danger situations. Thank you, I'm learning so much.

I think one misconception that you could address: does CWDT setup bypass the skill's natural cool down? So like it would trigger every time you receive X damage?

Once again, thank you for the guide and your help answering some of these questions! They were a little unclear to me in the guide (particularly the nuances about molten shell and how/why it's better) but you've explained it well here.

One last question: for the corrupted jewel with "cannot have corrupted blood", do you recommend I just slam vaal orbs on any jewels with useful stats? I suppose there's no other way to get it in SSF right?
Thanks for such a great guide, it had the perfect amount of info/detail for me having never played the game before and I honestly don't think I would've stuck with the game for long if I hadn't found it. I made it to tier 9 maps and am having a lot of fun with it but with the new league I was thinking of trying a different build for variety's sake and was wondering if you've made any guides like the toxic rain one but for other builds? Or if there's any good guides made by others you'd recommend. Using google brings up so many results and it's hard to tell which ones are updated and/or any good. Thanks again, really appreciate the work you put into making the toxic rain guide!
"
lasagnaman escribió:
"
fezz8386 escribió:
While spell suppression below 100% is still a good defense, you really want to have 100% due to the fact that it's is guaranteed and thereby you dismiss the factor of rng. And: there is an easy fix for you -> Unskill Spell Suppression Mastery, skill Magebane, problem solved. You now have 110% Spell Suppression which means you aren't even reliant on the Spell Suppresion on your helmet.

Right I see; we don't really care about using evasion as an actual defensive layer in this build then?

The default variant of the build doesn't have that much evasion to begin with which is why picking Magebane isn't that much of a deal in terms of evasion loss (in your case, you go from 12k to 9k evasion). To answer your question: We care about evasion, but having 100% Spell Suppression as a trade off for losing Evasion is worth it.

That being, there is a build variant which pushes Evasion, but that has quite some requirements (which will be hard to achieve in SSF). You can check out the details here

"
fezz8386 escribió:
Didn't see it, you are fine then. By the way, you are missing out on 44% increased damage on that Mastery cluster (small nodes)

Oh shoot, I didn't realize the 12% damage with Bows stacks with the 12% Damage with Bow skills on that node?? Is that how it works? So it's 24% incr damage per node (for our DoT)?

Yes, 24% increased damage per node.

"
fezz8386 escribió:
a) Read this
b) Having Molten Shell on left-click is a nice-to-have setup (because you get a nice shield every ~5seconds) while having a CWDT Molten Shell is a very strong defense layer because you get a shield WHEN you receive X amount of damage
c) Vaal Molten Shell gives you a way bigger shield. On top of that Vaal Molten Shell gives you BOTH the normal version AND the vaal version of the skill. In a CWDT Molten Shell setup this comes handy because you have 1) the automatic shield protection from the normal version and 2) an emergency button to press (Vall Molten Shell) for dangerous situations.
d) Quality on Molten Shell increases the duration of the shield by 1% per 1% quality so it's beneficial. But this shouldn't be an either or decision. Go for the non-quality setup first, then work on the quality setup.

So the normal spell is supported by CWDT and the vaal skill is used by us in danger situations. Thank you, I'm learning so much.

I think one misconception that you could address: does CWDT setup bypass the skill's natural cool down? So like it would trigger every time you receive X damage?

It doesn't bypass the natural cooldown. It triggers each time you receive x damage as long as the skill is not on cooldown.

Once again, thank you for the guide and your help answering some of these questions! They were a little unclear to me in the guide (particularly the nuances about molten shell and how/why it's better) but you've explained it well here.

No problem, I think the guide has the depth it has because of people like you who give feedback. A good example: The feedback and questions in regards to the CWDT setup with Vaal Molten Shell are the reason why I just added this milestone to the guide.

One last question: for the corrupted jewel with "cannot have corrupted blood", do you recommend I just slam vaal orbs on any jewels with useful stats? I suppose there's no other way to get it in SSF right?
Exactly. Roll any jewel with one or two useful stats and then slam a Vaal Orb on it. Repeat this until you have a decent one.[/url]

Editado por útlima vez por fezz8386 en 12 abr. 2023 22:12:35
Act 9: Endgame Setup Gems and Flasks

4. Labels Lifetap as a Green Slot and links to Second Wind Support.

Is this important? I already spent 10C on boots that are 2G/1B linked and 1G unlinked lol.
"
SeekerSeeks escribió:

Is this important? I already spent 10C on boots that are 2G/1B linked and 1G unlinked lol.

Fixed.

Having Lifetap is a very nice quality of life improvement. Get it as soon as possible, but it's not crucial.

Your boots are Evasion-based which is why it will be hard to get two off-colors (red and blue) at the same time when using Chroamtic Orbs to roll the socket colors. But there is a trick to get off-colors more easily. Check out this video which Zizaran just published 4 hours ago (what a coincidence :D).
"
Kill3dP3anut escribió:
Thanks for such a great guide, it had the perfect amount of info/detail for me having never played the game before and I honestly don't think I would've stuck with the game for long if I hadn't found it. I made it to tier 9 maps and am having a lot of fun with it but with the new league I was thinking of trying a different build for variety's sake and was wondering if you've made any guides like the toxic rain one but for other builds? Or if there's any good guides made by others you'd recommend. Using google brings up so many results and it's hard to tell which ones are updated and/or any good. Thanks again, really appreciate the work you put into making the toxic rain guide!

I really appreciate the feedback, thank you! (If you want to do me a favor, recommend the guide - e.g. on reddit - if you see the opportunity to do so). ;)

In terms of other build guides, I can recommend the following ones:

- Pohx's Righteous Fire Juggernaut
- Balormage's & Ghazzy's SRS Necromancer
- Enki'S Arc Witch

Cheers!

Editado por útlima vez por fezz8386 en 12 abr. 2023 23:00:43
"
fezz8386 escribió:
"
SeekerSeeks escribió:

Fixed.

Having Lifetap is a very nice quality of life improvement. Get it as soon as possible, but it's not crucial.

Your boots are Evasion-based which is why it will be hard to get two off-colors (red and blue) at the same time when using Chroamtic Orbs to roll the socket colors. But there is a trick to get off-colors more easily. Check out this video which Zizaran just published 4 hours ago (what a coincidence :D).

Fair enough.

Additionally, Molten Shell cannot be leveled up past 11 otherwise you won't be able to use the CWDT gem. It says level 16 in that section.
"
SeekerSeeks escribió:
"
fezz8386 escribió:
"
SeekerSeeks escribió:

Fixed.

Fair enough.

Additionally, Molten Shell cannot be leveled up past 11 otherwise you won't be able to use the CWDT gem. It says level 16 in that section.

It says ...

- Molten Shell - Level 16
- CWDT - Level 11

... which is correct.
"
fezz8386 escribió:
It says ...

- CWDT - Level 11

... which is correct.

Apologies, I didn't see that CWDT would increase the level threshold once it got higher in levels. You are indeed correct :)

Also, thank you for the guide. It's so much easier to jump into the game and learn while following it.
Editado por útlima vez por SeekerSeeks en 13 abr. 2023 14:16:44
"
SeekerSeeks escribió:
"
fezz8386 escribió:
It says ...

- CWDT - Level 11

... which is correct.

Apologies, I didn't see that CWDT would increase the level threshold once it got higher in levels. You are indeed correct :)

Also, thank you for the guide. It's so much easier to jump into the game and learn while following it.

No problem at all and thank you for the positive feedback [if you want to do me a favor, recommend the guide - e.g. to friends or on reddit - if you see the opportunity to do so - I'd really appreciate it! ;)]

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional