[3.13] BLEED BOW GLADIATOR Build 2021 EDITION. League starter & All CONTENT viable!

"
yumrukcan escribió:
Hi,

İ have some hesitations about this build because it seems expensive and people say the dmg is not good without a good bleed bow. So my question is is a 5l decent bleed bow viable for start and better than a cheap 6l unique like lioneye's glare?

using Angryroleplayers POB Link:

5l 170pdps bleed bow 100c
split arrow 5l 246,637 bleed dps

6l lion eyes 2ex
6l split arrow 328,529 bleed dps

6l infractem decimation bow 30c
6L split arrow 353,479 bleed dps

I don't think it is worth it to go for 6l lioneye's or a 5L bleed bow. You can get a cheap decimation and do more damage. 20 chrome on average to get 2red and 4 greens.
And you need life reg to handle the cannot leech life. I'm using vitality aura for the moment.

Killing trash is not the problem though. It is the single target dmg with puncture, so you need a 6L setup with puncture but that is still not even close to the 4L with assailum. Assailum is super expensive the first 10 days but then drops hard after 14 days it will be 10c.
I am currently using a 1c geofri's crest as a helmet, that helps with my resistances and the 1+ socketed gems lets me use a cheap enlighten gem. I think I will do fine till yellow maps but for red maps I think Assailum is mandatory.

Bleed bow is obviously nuts but even a bleed bow will not help much if we don't use an Assailum. And if we have an Assailum then any bow with good phys dps will do tons of damage.
Editado por útlima vez por Jerem1ahJones en 19 ene. 2021 12:31:28
"
yumrukcan escribió:
Hi,

İ have some hesitations about this build because it seems expensive and people say the dmg is not good without a good bleed bow. So my question is is a 5l decent bleed bow viable for start and better than a cheap 6l unique like lioneye's glare?

It's still early in the league, so prices haven't really stabilized. The ritual mechanic gives some pretty wild rewards, like 10c on a tier 1 map.

This build's power curve feels like big steps than a slope. I'm on step 1 but I have to say hearing everyone blow up like popcorn is hella satisfying. But, on that note, I'm trying to figure out how to take care of single target better. Maybe I'll link a curse on hit/vulnerability to my ensnaring totem.

Can anyone explain me the difference of the block way ascendancy versus the alternative to go for frenzy/endurance charges?

Whats the pros and cons on this two different ways of approaching the def way of the char?
"
silenoz66 escribió:
Can anyone explain me the difference of the block way ascendancy versus the alternative to go for frenzy/endurance charges?

Whats the pros and cons on this two different ways of approaching the def way of the char?

For this build you will be using a bow and won't be killing with offhand. So you won't get endurance charges. Arena Challenger is an amazing choice for meel Gladiator build. A lot of speed. But not in our case, cause we don't care about attack speed
https://www.twitch.tv/angry_roleplayer
All builds: http://www.angryroleplayer.com/path-of-exile-builds/
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2143469
i understand what you say, but you can still use outmach and outlast, with discipline of the slaughter & disc of the unyielding, making it a good combo for def/off thing. and while maping you are always max endu/frenzy charges.

Though, this way , you dont have many benefits in bossing.

On the other hand, you can go max block.

Though the block attack is 35% only reduced due to Glancing blows,
After this 35% reduction, normal damage reductios apply as well?

If so it's like 35% less damage taken in 3/4 hits you take. if i understand it correctly
"
silenoz66 escribió:
i understand what you say, but you can still use outmach and outlast, with discipline of the slaughter & disc of the unyielding, making it a good combo for def/off thing. and while maping you are always max endu/frenzy charges.

If so it's like 35% less damage taken in 3/4 hits you take. if i understand it correctly

Block is the best defensive mechanic in the game. It has been nerfed, yes, but it's still the best. When your block is high you always take less damage from everything. few endurance charges will not give you anything worthwile, and frenzies is just damage and nothing else.
The reason why i went full block is the fact that the build is quite squishy despite being gladiator with full chaos res and divine flesh
"
Angry_Roleplayer escribió:
"
silenoz66 escribió:

Block is the best defensive mechanic in the game. It has been nerfed, yes, but it's still the best. When your block is high you always take less damage from everything. few endurance charges will not give you anything worthwile, and frenzies is just damage and nothing else.
The reason why i went full block is the fact that the build is quite squishy despite being gladiator with full chaos res and divine flesh

Hey ARP, can you help me check my math for Glancing blows and tell me where I"m screwing up?

Let's say a normal hit is 100 dmg

No Glancing Blows
Using Rear Guard, Rumi's and Max Block ascendancy, for me, = 40% block chance for Attack, and 20% block for spells. So, say I take 1 spell and 1 hit:

Hits = 100*60% =60 dmg
Spells = 100* 80% =80 dmg
Total =140 dmg

Glancing Blows
Using Rear Guard, Rumi's and Max Block ascendancy, for me, = 75% block dmg & spells

Hits = 100*65%*75% + (100*25%) =73.75 dmg
Total =147.5 dmg

So, if I'm taking a balance of spells and hits, I'm taking more dmg overall with Glancing Blows, though.

Am I looking at this wrong?

Editado por útlima vez por BoNEcrSHa en 20 ene. 2021 0:46:16
"
BoNEcrSHa escribió:
"
Angry_Roleplayer escribió:
"
silenoz66 escribió:

Hey ARP, can you help me check my math for Glancing blows and tell me where I"m screwing up?

Let's say a normal hit is 100 dmg

No Glancing Blows
Using Rear Guard, Rumi's and Max Block ascendancy, for me, = 40% block chance for Attack, and 20% block for spells. So, say I take 1 spell and 1 hit:

Hits = 100*60% =60 dmg
Spells = 100* 80% =80 dmg
Total =140 dmg

Glancing Blows
Using Rear Guard, Rumi's and Max Block ascendancy, for me, = 75% block dmg & spells

Total =147.5 dmg

So, if I'm taking a balance of spells and hits, I'm taking more dmg overall with Glancing Blows, though.

Am I looking at this wrong?

You are looking at everything wrong.
Without glancing blows you will have 48% block.
With glancing blows you will be soft capped at 75%.

Glancing Blows reduces all blocked damage by 35%.
Without Glancing Blows, if you get hit and don't block you take 100% damage. IF you block - 0% damage.
With Glancing Blows if you get hit and don't block you take 100% damage. If you block = 65% damage. But it's all about block chance. 48% is not a reliable block chance. 75% is very reliable.
So it's better to take less damage more often, then take all damage less often.
This way you will have a reliable mitigation against strong hits
Editado por útlima vez por Angry_Roleplayer en 20 ene. 2021 4:26:55

which is better sir?

[/quote]
You are looking at everything wrong.
Without glancing blows you will have 48% block.
With glancing blows you will be soft capped at 75%.

Glancing Blows reduces all blocked damage by 35%.
Without Glancing Blows, if you get hit and don't block you take 100% damage. IF you block - 0% damage.
With Glancing Blows if you get hit and don't block you take 100% damage. If you block = 65% damage. But it's all about block chance. 48% is not a reliable block chance. 75% is very reliable.
So it's better to take less damage more often, then take all damage less often.
This way you will have a reliable mitigation against strong hits [/quote]

I finally got Lioneye's Fall, hella fun seeing things pop!

Anyways, I get your example, but doesn't something look odd to you?

You said, without glancing blows, you get 100% dmg if you're hit, and 0 dmg if you block. So, let's say the average is 50% dmg.

With glancing blows, you get 100% dmg if you're hit, and 65% if you block. So, say the average dmg is 82.5.

Are we using some health on block mechanic, too, somewhere?

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional