[3.13] Lancing Steel Deadeye/Raider | Very Fun Playstyle | 4-50M DPS Easy Gearing Path

Which can perform better at league start Deadeye or Raider?
"
topo1112 escribió:
Which can perform better at league start Deadeye or Raider?

Both are looking very strong. Deadeye will have insane clear because of chain/+2 proj, Raider will have +50% move/attack speed for the same investment. Both are really valuable early on. Since both classes have been buffed significantly this patch, it's hard to say.
I'm thinking about doing the Deadeye version of your build, but with more investment into evasion and dodge. Would it be bad if I didn't use Lioneye's Vision? Therefore I would only have the +1 chain and 30% ricochet. Maybe only when I get The Saviour?
Also just curious with the changes to life on hit changes what would be the appropriate changes to make up for this our maybe spec into more dodge and evasion?
"
adonaigabriel escribió:
I'm thinking about doing the Deadeye version of your build, but with more investment into evasion and dodge. Would it be bad if I didn't use Lioneye's Vision? Therefore I would only have the +1 chain and 30% ricochet. Maybe only when I get The Saviour?

I just went and did a test on my character by clearing a few T16 maps with pierce swapped out for chain and it felt pretty good. A little worse in some circumstances (long hallway) and a lot better in others (any time you're surrounded). I think this is going to be a really solid option in Ritual league which seem to revolve around you being surrounded in small arenas, and it relaxes the constraint of having to find pierce from something.

Keep in mind, the character I tested with has pretty close to the best possible gear for this build (maybe 100ex worth), so I can't say much for how it will feel earlier.

You'll definitely need to focus more into evasion and dodge on the deadeye version I think. This is one of the reasons I switched to Raider, since it can almost trivially cap evasion.

"
Pro_IVIodders escribió:
Also just curious with the changes to life on hit changes what would be the appropriate changes to make up for this our maybe spec into more dodge and evasion?

What life on hit changes are you referring to? Did I miss something? If you mean the life on hit lost from Rupture then I think you're just going to need to get this from rings. The Raider version can actually get away with very little life on hit in late endgame (I only really have 20 from one ring), but the Deadeye just can't hit the same evasion numbers nearly as easily so you're going to want at least 40 from 2 rings. This will probably be a lot easier to manage now that Harvest crafting is coming back though.
If we go Raider and decide to use chain support, should we then avoid getting pierce from other options like lioneye or boots?

I've seen some videos of lancing steel with chain and it looks amazing, but the pob dps drops quite a bit (about 20%) when swapping from pierce.

If I add 2 projectiles pierce to the boots (while keeping chain in the 6l) it doesn't add any dps. Maybe I just don't understand how the interaction works?
Thanks for such a detailed write-up immcintosh.

I'm planning to try Deadeye all the way through to end game content.
Really looking forward to your updated 3.13 PoB!

"
Sabbea escribió:
If we go Raider and decide to use chain support, should we then avoid getting pierce from other options like lioneye or boots?

I've seen some videos of lancing steel with chain and it looks amazing, but the pob dps drops quite a bit (about 20%) when swapping from pierce.

If I add 2 projectiles pierce to the boots (while keeping chain in the 6l) it doesn't add any dps. Maybe I just don't understand how the interaction works?

You lose damage because chain support has less damage with hits, as opposed to getting more damage with hits on pierce. It's nothing to do with whether you're piercing or chaining, just the extra modifiers on the support you choose.

At very high gear levels this doesn't really matter (damage goes so high everything will just vanish either way), but until you've spent about 50ex+ you're going to notice it. Clear is so good as it is with pierce, it's hard to recommend, but give it a try by all means and see if you like it.

"
PheeelSoGoot escribió:
Thanks for such a detailed write-up immcintosh.

I'm planning to try Deadeye all the way through to end game content.
Really looking forward to your updated 3.13 PoB!

Glad you like it. I updated the PoB to 3.13. There aren't any big changes; I'm not really confident enough in how new things will play out to want to deviate from what I know works before testing it.

Some things to consider:
* I definitely recommend trying Raider out at some point once you finish uber lab.
* Biggest change I'm not sure of is what the changes to Far Shot really mean for the build
* Not really sure it's worth pathing to the new call of steel passives
Why do you still have Point Blank, when you use Far Shot through belltimber blade?
Also still Pride. isn't Pride useless with Far Shot? Since the area is less than the Far Shot Range.

idk, but something feels off with the tree

nonetheless, i'm gonna league start with this.
What does anyone think of the idea of league starting as Raider, then once you accumulate the requisite alternate quality gems (Blood Rage and Poacher's Mark) and the necessary gear to cap evasion and dodge as Deadeye (e.g. Atziri's Step), respeccing into Deadeye? To my mind, it's probably a little too much trouble for SC league start, but is maintaining high dodge and evasion important enough to go through this trouble?

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional