[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
shujaa escribió:
The endgame PoB in the guide has Frenzy charges enabled. Is that a mistake or is there a source of charges I'm not seeing?

Raider ascendancy from Forbidden Flame/Flesh
Good afternoon. Please tell me why, after adding the stone Hextouch, my hexs stopped working? All stones are the same as in the build, there are connections: Elemental Weakness, Frostbite, Enfeble, Hextouch, Ball Lighting, Cast When Damage Taken Support.
"
sinner9951 escribió:
Good afternoon. Please tell me why, after adding the stone Hextouch, my hexs stopped working? All stones are the same as in the build, there are connections: Elemental Weakness, Frostbite, Enfeble, Hextouch, Ball Lighting, Cast When Damage Taken Support.

I have the same layout and it works for me. Make sure Ball Lightning and CWDT are both level 1.
"
sinner9951 escribió:

You have lvl20 CwDT in your setup. That means the CwDT is trying to cast the curses. You want low level (lvl1) CwDT so it triggers only Ball Lightning that then triggers curses.

Also you don't have Whispers of Doom, so you can have only 2 curses at time. This does not disable all of them, just leave the 2 curses that are applied last in effect. This is decided by the order of the gems in link, starting from top-left Frostbite first, Elemental Weakness second and Enfeeble third, so you end up missing frostbite.
Editado por útlima vez por Cjin en 15 sept. 2022 11:04:34
"
Cjin escribió:
"
sinner9951 escribió:

You have lvl20 CwDT in your setup. That means the CwDT is trying to cast the curses. You want low level (lvl1) CwDT so it triggers only Ball Lightning that then triggers curses.

Also you don't have Whispers of Doom, so you can have only 2 curses at time. This does not disable all of them, just leave the 2 curses that are applied last in effect. This is decided by the order of the gems in link, starting from top-left Frostbite first, Elemental Weakness second and Enfeeble third, so you end up missing frostbite.

You are right, thanks!
"
shujaa escribió:
"
sinner9951 escribió:

I have the same layout and it works for me. Make sure Ball Lightning and CWDT are both level 1.

Thanks!
How do you overcome bosses that have resistance to elemental damage. Their health bar basically never goes down even with the heaviest Icestorm I can conjure up.
"
BowWizard escribió:
How do you overcome bosses that have resistance to elemental damage. Their health bar basically never goes down even with the heaviest Icestorm I can conjure up.

If you follow the build guide, your 2nd staff should be socketed with a cold penetration gem for single target damage, in your alternate weapon set. You should also get additional cold/elemental penetration from passive skills and jewels. I have 63% on my character so those bosses don't slow me down much.
"
shujaa escribió:
"
BowWizard escribió:

If you follow the build guide, your 2nd staff should be socketed with a cold penetration gem for single target damage, in your alternate weapon set. You should also get additional cold/elemental penetration from passive skills and jewels. I have 63% on my character so those bosses don't slow me down much.

Thanks ! I completely forgot about the staff swap. I rarely use the alt weapon slot on other characters. Any reason why the POB links don't show the alt weapon setup (it's blank).

One question though - with the second staff they are all support gems. Since cyclone is not involved what skill do I setup on the RMB. Do I setup Icestorm and stand and generate that on top of the boss or something else (standing too long doesn't seem a good idea) and just use frostblink or flame dash if I want to move ?
Editado por útlima vez por BowWizard en 16 sept. 2022 21:43:47
"
BowWizard escribió:
"
shujaa escribió:
"
BowWizard escribió:

Thanks ! I completely forgot about the staff swap. I rarely use the alt weapon slot on other characters. Any reason why the POB links don't show the alt weapon setup (it's blank).

One question though - with the second staff they are all support gems. Since cyclone is not involved what skill do I setup on the RMB. Do I setup Icestorm and stand and generate that on top of the boss or something else (standing too long doesn't seem a good idea) and just use frostblink or flame dash if I want to move ?

Yes the 2nd staff is for self-casting Ice Storm. Replacing cyclone allows for higher single target damage. This is all explained in the guide so if you missed it, go read through again since you probably missed other important details.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional