[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Kelvynn escribió:

Indestructable Gucci monster like @lilianmarius - sky is the limit (his stuff is worth more than 100 ex by now for sure).

Indestructable Gucci monster...I like it! Sounds better than my idea: The Uber Gucc.

A few leagues ago I spent close to 50 ex on my gear...if you want the fancy stuff it adds up. Prices on boots seem very high this league...helms and gloves are cheap, armour isn't too bad but high ES boots with INT and even one resist seem overpriced to me.
Editado por útlima vez por SasoriOtoko en 15 oct. 2019 11:12:15
"
Kelvynn escribió:
New video: Towers Are Overrated

I'm a big fan of tower defense games, so I've been enjoying all kinds of tower strategies in Blight maps. But actually, with this build you don't really need any towers. If you don't care about the tower defense and don't want to think, plan and build towers - then don't! :) Depending on how well geared you are, you can simply kill everything yourself in those maps up to a certain tier, eventually any tier.

Mini-map in the corner of the screen is all you need to run around and roflstomp everything. See red dots - run over them and make them disappear. Just don't run away from the pump for too long.

Damn that was fun to watch. I thought one of the bosses was going to smash your pump but instead he met a frosty frozen death. Half the time on blighted maps things get so crazy I'm too busy spinning around to keep upgrading the towers so this seems like a much better strategy to just ignore them altogether!

"
SasoriOtoko escribió:
"
Kelvynn escribió:
New video: Towers Are Overrated

I'm a big fan of tower defense games, so I've been enjoying all kinds of tower strategies in Blight maps. But actually, with this build you don't really need any towers. If you don't care about the tower defense and don't want to think, plan and build towers - then don't! :) Depending on how well geared you are, you can simply kill everything yourself in those maps up to a certain tier, eventually any tier.

Mini-map in the corner of the screen is all you need to run around and roflstomp everything. See red dots - run over them and make them disappear. Just don't run away from the pump for too long.

Damn that was fun to watch. I thought one of the bosses was going to smash your pump but instead he met a frosty frozen death. Half the time on blighted maps things get so crazy I'm too busy spinning around to keep upgrading the towers so this seems like a much better strategy to just ignore them altogether!

Bosses almost always try to kill you first and can be fought even right at the pump, as long as you are in their melee range. It's the regular trash that goes straight for the pump.

And yes, every second spent thinking what to build and where and then actually building and upgrading the towers - all that time adds up quickly. If you spend that time killing the mobs, you will have a whole lot less mobs getting near the pump. I probably should have been brute forcing it from the start, if I didn't like tower defense so much.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 15 oct. 2019 11:36:59
Ah, I didn't know that about the bosses. Using Rampage has saved me many times...you're surrounded by mobs and then you hit 400 kills and suddenly everything is dead. I'm going to still do some towers to hit my achievement point but going to focus more on the mobs.
Editado por útlima vez por SasoriOtoko en 15 oct. 2019 12:53:16
"
SasoriOtoko escribió:
Ah, I didn't know that about the bosses. Using Rampage has saved me many times...you're surrounded by mobs and then you hit 400 kills and suddenly everything is dead. I'm going to still do some towers to hit my achievement point but going to focus more on the mobs.

You can spend the resources for the challenge after you kill everything that comes to the pump. There are almost always some mobs that are either stuck at some far portals or 'waiting in ambush' until you get near them. You can spend all resources and then go kill those and win.
Lol, I never thought of doing that. I sometimes end up with thousands of points left...you should write a Blight guide. :)
One "easy" way to 100% counter elemental reflect maps without rely on Kelvynn's Wise Oak flasks approach cause i don't tend to rely on flasks since i am pressing them in a chaotic panic way and sometimes i find myself with no flask charges for one or more of them :)

If you have a 3 G-B-B link in your staff for Cyclone and you can get one of the blue sockets transformed to white with Vorici in Research or by simple staff corruption output, you can switch that blue DPS gem to Fortify gem.

Fortify + Sybil's Lament + Soul of Yugul and elemental reflect is not an issue anymore no matter what flasks you use.

Fortify linked to Cyclone instead of a DPS gem in staff is extremely useful in deep delving (past 600 depth) where mobs start to hit "like a truck" so this is another good usage of this gem beside countering elemental reflect.
Editado por útlima vez por lilianmarius en 16 oct. 2019 8:52:36
I like this idea of a Fortify gem in the staff. I have a spare staff somewhere that would be perfect for reflect maps...adding in Sybil's will require a gem swap but I think it is doable.

I love using flasks...I used to play Pathfinder exclusively so from many hours of practice my motor skills are very fine tuned to use them like a master. In fact as memory serves my first Atziri kill in 1.3.1 was by careful flask use with a Ranger so I was already using them excessively before the Pathfinder even existed. :)
Editado por útlima vez por SasoriOtoko en 16 oct. 2019 10:54:17
"
lilianmarius escribió:
One "easy" way to 100% counter elemental reflect maps without rely on Kelvynn's Wise Oak flasks approach cause i don't tend to rely on flasks since i am pressing them in a chaotic panic way and sometimes i find myself with no flask charges for one or more of them :)

If you have a 3 G-B-B link in your staff for Cyclone and you can get one of the blue sockets transformed to white with Vorici in Research or by simple staff corruption output, you can switch that blue DPS gem to Fortify gem.

Fortify + Sybil's Lament + Soul of Yugul and elemental reflect is not an issue anymore no matter what flasks you use.

Fortify linked to Cyclone instead of a DPS gem in staff is extremely useful in deep delving (past 600 depth) where mobs start to hit "like a truck" so this is another good usage of this gem beside countering elemental reflect.

The Reverse Oak thing is just for the super nasty combos of reflect with -max res or EW, or Atziri's 100% reflect. For just a simple reflect mod you don't need anything more than Yugul + Sibyl.

But Fortify is still nice for many nasty situations. With reflect, most of your leech is spent overcoming the reflect, and you are more vulnerable to the mobs' regular damage. Fortify can help a lot.

And leveling. It's hard to roll no red sockets on your first staff on day 1, and you have enough damage for those early levels anyway. I was using Fortify when I leveled up.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 16 oct. 2019 12:25:21
I'd like to try using Fortify for Atziri runs. I did about 20 regular runs the other day without any anti-reflect setup and I had a few stupid deaths due to icestorms hitting the reflect clone (especially when I was also cursing her with Frostbite, lol).

Now that I'm getting ready to do some Uber Atziri runs I'm going to take things a little more seriously so I think a Fortify/Sybil/Yugul setup should keep me safer since I'm so bad at fighting her. :)
Editado por útlima vez por SasoriOtoko en 16 oct. 2019 13:20:15

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional