[3.9] Physical Conversion Bowyer | Wander [TS/LA/IS + Barrage] [KB + Power Siphon] [All Content]

"
Caelsora escribió:
It's worth noting that crafting the wand you suggest for 6-7 exalts is best case scenario considering the bench crafts are 6 exalts and RNG is at play.

This craft can easily cost 8-10 exalts.

Thanks for catching that. The reason I wrote 6-7 ex was b/c the previous iteration of my wand crafting section had a 4-5 ex total benchcraft cost + less rng in the initial crafting step. Since then I've revised that section multiple times but didn't change the other section to reflect those revisions. I'll also make sure to warn about the rng + also provide an accurate cost estimate in the near future when I have time to revise the guide (sometime before 3.8).

"
SummerMelody escribió:
Hey, I have a couple of questions.

How does Power siphon compare to kinetic blast? What are the pros and cons of switching them?

I wanna run Flesh and Stone, how can i fit it in? Would shaped %reduced mana reserved shield be enough?

I wanna start this in the new league but i intend on MFing Lair maps for a week maybe. Which slots can i use for MF and which ones i mustn't?

Power Siphon is not recommended b/c it has worse clearspeed compared to KB. Its single target is better than KB (KB has virtually no single target), but is worse than barrage's so may as well stick to the standard KB + barrage combo.

Flesh and Stone is not recommended because most of the benefits it provides are either redundant (we get blind on jewel), or doesn't do anything for a phys conversion build. Since this build does 100% ele damage, the damage bonus from it has no effect, which leaves only the conditional defensive ones. You're much better off keeping a herald for more damage, and trade that damage for additional life nodes for more safety. If you're set on using it, the best option would be to drop a herald. Another option is lowering the level of Precision + getting both Enlighten 4 + mana reservation shield, but all these sacrifices aren't compensated by whatever advantages you gain from Flesh and Stone.

I'm not sure what tier Lair will be next league since it changes each league, but the answer to your question will depend on several factors. If you reach the endgame setup + level, you should be able to use bisco + sadima + goldwyrms + 2x ventors with no issue for general mapping. If you're only farming with MF at the start, the best two spots to sacrifice are boots and gloves. I wouldn't give up the rings or amulet unless you're better geared, but the unknown factor right now is what tier Lair will be. If it's a low tier, you won't have an issue with mostly levelling gear + some MF gear provided you follow the guide closely + at least complete your flask setup. If it's a high tier, you'll probably need to hold off on mf until you make some investment into your gear (flasks, some jewels, +1 helm, lvl 90ish).

Editado por útlima vez por Enahkra en 18 ago. 2019 6:52:34
Ah, my bad.
I mixed up Blood and Sand which is 10% reservation and Flesh and Stone which is 25%, so there's no way to fit it in without dropping herald.
Thanks for the quick reply! Looking forward to leveling with this to 100!
From my lack of onslaught from any abyss jewels I figured I would use a rotgut flask since it gives more movement speed than a alchemist's quicksilver of adrenaline if you don't have any other source of onslaught and gives a bit more damage for single target, granting onslaught during the fight, since we don't use a onslaught flask.
I think this option should be talked about in the guide. I found that for the jewels I have it is the optimal flask in place of the classic alch qs of adren.

Edit: forgot to add that to beat the alch qs of adren it needs to be almost perfect rolled.
Editado por útlima vez por z4ktan en 20 ago. 2019 13:29:45

i annuled a res roll. do i just multimod now ? also do you know someone that have the crafts ?
"
z4ktan escribió:
From my lack of onslaught from any abyss jewels I figured I would use a rotgut flask since it gives more movement speed than a alchemist's quicksilver of adrenaline if you don't have any other source of onslaught and gives a bit more damage for single target, granting onslaught during the fight, since we don't use a onslaught flask.
I think this option should be talked about in the guide. I found that for the jewels I have it is the optimal flask in place of the classic alch qs of adren.

Edit: forgot to add that to beat the alch qs of adren it needs to be almost perfect rolled.

I'll look into this when I roll out the 3.8 version of the guide (when I have time to make revisions). Haven't had time to check the thread recently either. A lot of people roll +1 minimum frenzy on their gear, so I wonder if that affects Rotgut's ability to proc onslaught, esp if your minimum charges = maximum charges. Also Rotgut is a single use flask too, but yeah I'm not entirely sure yet I'll do some experimenting in a few days/weeks. Hopefully in this upcoming league I'll have enough time to test things out in-game. Also, did you ever come up with anything about lgoh? I'm still curious whether or not it scales based on base damage.

"
KaiEon escribió:

i annuled a res roll. do i just multimod now ? also do you know someone that have the crafts ?

In the wand crafting section I mentioned that you are looking for a T2+ crit chance suffix. Crit multi suffix will not work at all. If you ever roll a crit multi it's considered bricked (unless you remove it via annul). Currently, your best bet is to annul again and pray you can remove the multi. Also, I'm not too sure about anyone with crafts atm. You can try to contact Country_Falls but league is nearly dead so he might not be online.
Yikes, no Wander Changes to be seen so far.

Too Bad, I really thought it would get some Attention in 3.8.

Maybe we get some small consolation Changes though.
Yeah I also hoped for some Wander changes but nothing so far, let's see the patch notes tho.

If Summoner will be really popular then Wander gear will be much CHEAPER than before, I hope.
nice, a solid wander... good work.

checked this build carefully with all stats and i corrected some small "mistakes".

for example: 900k dps beautified with veteran bowyer effect onto the helmet.
since pob calculate this correct onto the ascendancy, its double calculated and gives more dps than the real build.

projectile travel distance also not correct (except you facetank) 35 is an average value.

Lethal pride seems to be correct (conditional)

calculated with 3 frenzy charges from blood rage.

47 mana cost, 74 unreserved with enlighten 3. -on enlighten 4 = 105 (lvl96) -incorrect values with max skillpoints and left lvl on 96.

rebalanced the tree for more continuously attacks. (5x instead of 1x)
adjusted the lvl to 100 for spended skillpoints.
Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/7q3WswFE

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5.063.451.4 dps barrage (all projectiles single target)
398.539.5 dps kinetic blast (projectile)
257.625.7 dps kinetic blast (explosion)

if i missed something or didn't see, you can take it for yourself :-)
"
Nightwish2k1 escribió:
nice, a solid wander... good work.

checked this build carefully with all stats and i corrected some small "mistakes".

for example: 900k dps beautified with veteran bowyer effect onto the helmet.
since pob calculate this correct onto the ascendancy, its double calculated and gives more dps than the real build.

projectile travel distance also not correct (except you facetank) 35 is an average value.

Lethal pride seems to be correct (conditional)

calculated with 3 frenzy charges from blood rage.

47 mana cost, 74 unreserved with enlighten 3. -on enlighten 4 = 105 (lvl96) -incorrect values with max skillpoints and left lvl on 96.

rebalanced the tree for more continuously attacks. (5x instead of 1x)
adjusted the lvl to 100 for spended skillpoints.
Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/7q3WswFE

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5.063.451.4 dps barrage (all projectiles single target)
398.539.5 dps kinetic blast (projectile)
257.625.7 dps kinetic blast (explosion)

if i missed something or didn't see, you can take it for yourself :-)

Hi thanks for the feedback. The reason for the conditions I chose was to give an accurate estimate of single target barrage dps. As a result, it overestimates KB dps, but I chose to prioritize barrage dps over KB b/c that's traditionally been the area where wanders struggled the most - single target. Most wander builds assume you can one-shot with KB, so the barrage dps is the one people care more about.

As for Veteran Bowyer, the %phys as extra mod is not factored into POB dps, this has always been a bug that hasn't been fixed as far as I know. Anyone else reading this can correct me if that's no longer the case. I just double checked POB again, and I can confirm that the Veteran Bowyer node gives the same dps as 10% ele pen, which means the %phys as extra is not factored into dps calculations.

It's assumed that a wander facetanks with barrage. This has always been the case especially in bossing scenarios, and to use barrage from a distance is very bad for dps due to the spread of barrage projectiles. This is why I picked "1" to simulate facetanking situations. I would not recommend using barrage outside of point blank range. The side effect is that KB's dps is overestimated b/c you use KB mostly outside of melee range, but it's assumed you will one-shot most regular mobs anyway. I'm aware this is no longer the norm due to buffs to rare/magic mobs. I will test this first hand next league, and if KB's dps is relevant at end-game levels of gearing I will make sure to better represent this on POB.

I chose to leave out 3 frenzy charges since not all boss fights will keep you at max frenzy charges at all times, especially the important ones. To name a few: Phoenix, Minotaur, Hydra, all 4 elder guardians, Shaper, Uber Elder, etc. Since this build is intended for bossing, I did not want to skew the dps w/ 3 frenzies when it doesn't necessarily apply in all cases, so I went with the conservative lower estimate.

An enlighten 3 does lead to a mana issue b/c it provides less than 2 casts of barrage, but I wrote in the guide to lower the level of Precision to allow for more than 2 attacks. I didn't want to include Enlighten 4 as I wanted the build to be somewhat budget, and didn't want to make a ~4 ex gem mandatory.

Your adjustment for continuous attacks is a good quality of life change, but I think instead of taking a lot of mana nodes, you can reduce the level of Precision instead, and spend the 5 points on more damage via the tree. This should produce almost the same net effect but with higher dps. I'm not sure having mana pool available for 5 attacks is worth it though, since your mana recovery is ~240/sec which is more than enough to cover your mana cost assuming you're hitting w/ barrage. There shouldn't be a problem hitting the boss if you're in facetanking range and in my experience having the mana pool for 2-3 misses is enough unless the player is using barrage for the first time.
"
Guffinn escribió:
Yikes, no Wander Changes to be seen so far.

Too Bad, I really thought it would get some Attention in 3.8.

Maybe we get some small consolation Changes though.

"
oMySunshine escribió:
Yeah I also hoped for some Wander changes but nothing so far, let's see the patch notes tho.

If Summoner will be really popular then Wander gear will be much CHEAPER than before, I hope.

Yeah the reveals so far has definitely been underwhelming for wanders, or maybe underwhelming in general. I haven't been following reddit that closely but from what I've seen, the only power creep this upcoming league has is an extra notable passive node in the amulet slot? I mean that's still great and all I guess maybe a 5-10% boost to dps, but nothing too crazy.

Unless... there are going to be super broken new amulet enchantments or some crazy uniques (which I really doubt), it seems things will be more or less the same. Actually, we do get Bottled Faith again, but it'll probably be extremely expensive...

Are they for sure not bringing back synthesis implicits? I was hoping maybe single implicit bases or even fractured bases would make a return...
Editado por útlima vez por Enahkra en 26 ago. 2019 17:00:09

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional