[3.5] Oni-Goroshi Wild Strike/Molten Strike: (Slayer/Jugg, 7K+ HP, 5k+ Leech) ~ Uber Elder Down!

Then you can have 1/1000 while leeching to full life also and still gem working? I think not.
It explicitly says
"Being even one life below the maximum will nullify the effect."

"If the player is affected by damage over time, such as from Blood Rage, the player can remain at full life by offsetting the damage with enough regeneration or leech." So not, "i got 1 life and ill see you at full cause im slurping so you are working right?"

Well im not under damage over time, i just took axe hit in the head xD and got to 1/1000 but im still leeching to full life. Im not at full life cause if i take 10 more dmg i will be dead little exile and im not also under dmg over time.

Little joking, but i rly do think now that this is a mistake to use this gem. I will be changing it to fire pen on molten strike setup and melee phys for wild strike.
Damage on full life is meant for CI builds where you are either on full life or dead. Using it on everything else is a mistake or a long shot.
Editado por útlima vez por TorsteinTheFallen en 19 sept. 2018 18:26:26
"
Then you can have 1/1000 while leeching to full life also and still gem working? I think not.

Yes, that's exactly how it works!

The gem is active if the recovery can achieve 100% life. Does not matter if you're at 999/1000, 500/1000, 1/1000 or losing 20 life/sec. Is your leech enough to 100% you? Then Damage on Full Life is giving you the dps.
There is a difference between "being on full life" and "leeching to full life".

"Full Life is a condition that applies when the character's current life is at 100%."

When you have 1/1000 you are on LOW LIFE and buffs/debuffs that work on bloody LOW LIFE will be active atm. Leeching to full or not, cause that's your current condition.

"While taking damage over time, the full life condition can still be met by through continuous life recovery, such as regeneration, leech, or flasks."

"The gem requires the player to be on full life. If the player is affected by damage over time, such as from Blood Rage, the player can remain at full life (1000/1000) by offsetting the damage with enough regeneration or leech."

This simply means that if you have active degen like from Bloodrage and higher leech/regen keeping you on 1000/1000 (FULL current LIFE) gem will stil be active.

In Delves with no evasion your life is constantly being triggered under 100%.
Editado por útlima vez por TorsteinTheFallen en 19 sept. 2018 18:49:36
Hello
It's my first league and this build is fire but since im new I dont know what jewels are you using for all those sokets in the passive tree ?
thanks
Can this build go deep delves?
"
DeimosPT escribió:
I am noticing that I'm a bit squishy, but hopefully once I improve my damage that'll fix with the extra leech.

My rings and amulet are probably the weakest part, I'm chasing after some decent rings with int to drop the Carnage Heart, so besides that, what else would be a good upgrade?

Life is really important - once you hit around 7K+ life the build feels much better, as this is a leech build - as long as you avoid oneshots, you instantly heal to full. (Really, try to focus on Life on all gear - search for at least T2 rolls on items, with strength on top of that if possible.)

It's very achievable to even hit 8k+ life on this build with good gear (not GG/mirror gear, just T1 life/str on most items).

On a sidenote, switch out your Granite Flask. You are running 2, since Lion's Roar counts as one - so it's redunant. Try a Basalt Flask - it's 15% additional physical reduction, roll it with Warding so you are also curse immune. You also have two evasion flasks with Reflexes, which is also somewhat redunant. Since you aren't using a Xoph yet, you could also consider grabbing a cheap Atziri flask - diamond flask is also very strong.

"

Little joking, but i rly do think now that this is a mistake to use this gem. I will be changing it to fire pen on molten strike setup and melee phys for wild strike.
Damage on full life is meant for CI builds where you are either on full life or dead. Using it on everything else is a mistake or a long shot.

Damage on Full Life is almost ALWAYS a 100% inclusion on EVERY slayer build. This is nothing new... it's pretty common practice, and works extremely well, especially with CWDT + Blood Rage + IC + Arakaali Ascendancy.

It's true that you lose the effect of DoFL when you take a big hit (say 100% -> 50%) but you are already at your full overleech cap from all the damage you did before getting hit, so are back to 100% in less than a second anyway. The loss of a bit of damage in that ~1 second of not being at full is negligible, considering 80%+ of the damage you are dealing, you WILL be at full life - either smacking a boss or oneshotting trash packs anyway.

You are definitely welcome to swap to Fire Penetration if you dislike this concept, but it's a strong component to utilize Slayer overleech.

Also note that you don't always need to be full life for DoFL to work - since the way it works currently with Blood Rage, you will often be at something like 7018/7025 or whatever (due to the degen/rounding) and as long as you are leeching, you will always be at 99% but still benefit from DoFL. It's how the game mechanics work.

"

It's my first league and this build is fire but since im new I dont know what jewels are you using for all those sokets in the passive tree ?

Two Wildfire jewels are mandatory. Other jewels don't matter - get whatever you can afford that is useful.
Cospri CoC Cold->Fire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576559
Divine Ire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778
Editado por útlima vez por KooperT en 20 sept. 2018 9:54:58
"

Also note that you don't always need to be full life for DoFL to work - since the way it works currently with Blood Rage, you will often be at something like 7018/7025 or whatever (due to the degen/rounding) and as long as you are leeching, you will always be at 99% but still benefit from DoFL. It's how the game mechanics work.

"Damage on Full Life is a support gem that grants more damage made with the supported attack skill, but only when the player is on full life. Being even one life below the maximum will nullify the effect."

It doesn't work! How more explicit can it be?
With Vaal pact you are never at maximum life always few points below. Only exeption are hideout and when you enter the map.
Editado por útlima vez por TorsteinTheFallen en 20 sept. 2018 14:02:43
"
TorsteinTheFallen escribió:
"

"Damage on Full Life is a support gem that grants more damage made with the supported attack skill, but only when the player is on full life. Being even one life below the maximum will nullify the effect."

With Vaal pact you are never at maximum life always few points below. Only exeption are hideout and when you enter the map.

works, just let it be please, has been a thing for at least 3 leagues as slayer or scion slayer+
"

This is 100% incorrect - they made this change a few leagues ago. Yes, I know it's counter-intuitive to what you are reading on the wiki.

You are now always on "full life" even if your life bar shows 99%, WITH vaal pact, and WITH blood rage - as long as you are actively leeching and the leech is higher than your degen.

This was a specific change GGG made (iirc) sometime right after the Ascendancy revamp.

Note that this interaction is ONLY possible as a Slayer due to the overleech. All other classes have the leech removed when you hit max health, so Dmg on Full Life drops off. This is probably why you are confused by this interaction.
Cospri CoC Cold->Fire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576559
Divine Ire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778
Editado por útlima vez por KooperT en 21 sept. 2018 11:42:00
deleted.
Editado por útlima vez por Necronos777 en 21 sept. 2018 12:51:31

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional