[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

How big/important is Unnatural Instinct? Would prefer not selling Headhunter and still making this build work in atleast 400+ delves and all delve bosses + uber elder

Great guide btw, if no major nerfs I will be playing this build next league from the start.
"
TorresCristiano escribió:
How big/important is Unnatural Instinct? Would prefer not selling Headhunter and still making this build work in atleast 400+ delves and all delve bosses + uber elder

Great guide btw, if no major nerfs I will be playing this build next league from the start.

Yo dude, ty for your interest in the Build and the nice words :)

Unnatural Instincts is grossly overhyped by the Community and some public Streamer Figures.
It IS amazing with 2 Meeks for Crit Scions, but not mandatory at all.

This Build worked without Meeks and Unnat for the longest time, and did a bit over 100 Uber Elder Services in Bestiary without them.
After that it went to 3 Meeks, and now 2 + Unnat.

To break the difference of these 2 Options down:
3 Meeks taking the AS and Multi Nodes =
23% max Life
59% Crit Multi (+45% from the Nodes)
14% Attack Speed (+10% from the Nodes)
17% Allres
12 INT + ~50% max Mana and Regen (OR 30 flat Life)
10 flat Life

2 Meeks + Unnat =
31% max Life (8% Gain)
82% Crit Multi (22% Loss ((45+59)-82=22))
26% Attack Speed (2% Gain)
8% Allres (9% Loss)
10 INT + ~36% max Mana and 40% Regen (OR 25 flat Life) (2 Int and some Mana loss OR some Life Loss)
10 INT (10 Gain)
10 flat Life
3 Skillpoints (3 Gain)

So with an Unnatural Instinct Setup over 3 meeks you get:
+8% max Life
+2% Attack Speed
-22% Crit Multi
-9% Allres
And a bit more Int but less flat Life (numbers there arent 100% accurate, off the top of my head right now).
And gain 3 Points.

On it's own an Unnat isn't really worth it over 3 Meeks, but the 3 Skillpoints we gain can be used to take a 3 Point Jewel Socket. With a good rare Jewel there, we can end up getting back the lost Allres and Multi and gain more in the End.

So Unnatural Instincts IS an Upgrade if you got the currency and another good Rare Jewel, but 3 Meeks will do you just fine.

20Ex or so for an Unnat is crazy, but makes sense for a minmax Option that's a Tier 1 rarity Drop and pretty popular.

It's just that the price isn't at all proportional to the increase in Character Power. But that's how it goes with minmax options.

So to conclude: it's not big or important at all, just a minmax Option. 3 Meeks (or even 2 and a good rare Jewel) are more than enough :)

Hope to see you playing this next League.
If shaped Statsticks get nerfed there are Unique Options like Moonbenders Wing for the base Build, and the Spec Throw and Molten Strike variations stay unchanged and become more powerful by comparison.
If dual Wield gets gutted, the latter is still true.
If Scion Slayer gets gutted, we'll need to readjust. But we'll see how that works out.
hey ! just wanted to ask, in the videos in the first post I dont see you using hatred or herald of ice at all or im blind? :D atleast I dont see them active in the buff bars at the top of screen, whenever I cast these auras they are always visible up there? disabled in your case or something?

they are listed in the gem links section tho and in the uber elder fight you have herald of purity I think atleast that one seems visible in the buff bar? but no mention of this aura in the gem links section, only a statement in the 3.4 section about it being better than herald of ash if we have it at level 20, kind of confused as to what we should use here and at what point :D

just some clarifying on what auras are best for us and what we always should use in maps/bosses would be great, thanks !

Editado por útlima vez por secret_service86 en 15 nov. 2018 3:36:57
"
secret_service86 escribió:
hey ! just wanted to ask, in the videos in the first post I dont see you using hatred or herald of ice at all or im blind? :D atleast I dont see them active in the buff bars at the top of screen, whenever I cast these auras they are always visible up there? disabled in your case or something?

they are listed in the gem links section tho and in the uber elder fight you have herald of purity I think atleast that one seems visible in the buff bar? but no mention of this aura in the gem links section, only a statement in the 3.4 section about it being better than herald of ash if we have it at level 20, kind of confused as to what we should use here and at what point :D

just some clarifying on what auras are best for us and what we always should use in maps/bosses would be great, thanks !

Ever since a few Patches ago you can disable buff Icons for your own auras and Flasks, and I do that because I dont wanna clutter my Screen with 100 Symbols.

Yes I run Hatred and HoI.

All the auras are explained. The gemlink Section contains Everthing the Build usually runs, but If you scroll down to the "Bossing" segment in Endgame Gear, you will See some Swaps for maximum Singletarget DPS in Uber Elder and co.
"
Guffinn escribió:
"

Ever since a few Patches ago you can disable buff Icons for your own auras and Flasks, and I do that because I dont wanna clutter my Screen with 100 Symbols.

Yes I run Hatred and HoI.

All the auras are explained. The gemlink Section contains Everthing the Build usually runs, but If you scroll down to the "Bossing" segment in Endgame Gear, you will See some Swaps for maximum Singletarget DPS in Uber Elder and co.

alright well, so you run hatred and herald of ice, so am I while farming lower maps to gain levels, but where do herald of ash and herald of purity come into the picture? shouldnt I be using these at all or just ignore them? they are being mentioned in the guide but I dont know if/when I should use these for mapping at all?

maybe im retarded but there are 5 auras mentioned in the guide and it feels kind of unclear as to which ones we should use in maps vs bosses at all times, is like, purity of ice for example optional in some cases if you have more dps/more knowledge of the uber elder fight? and so on,

because its mentioned under "gameplay and tips" for the uber elder fight and to replace herald of ash with, but herald of ash im not even using, im using hatred and herald of ice ? like you said you do in your reply :S

we have: Herald of Purity,Herald of Ice,Herald of Ash, Hatred, Purity of Ice

thats 5 auras, just a clarification here like "for maps run these 2-3 auras" "for uber elder run these 2-3 auras" and thats it would be great :D

tbh it would help alot, wanted to check in the video what auras to run so thats why I was asking about the buff icons, it would just help in the example videos imo atleast, could turn it off again afterwards, but anyways again maybe its just me and im retarded :D so idk, for example now im using hatred and herald of ice like you said you do, I presume this is for mapping only and we never ever use herald of ash and herald of purity for mapping or do we? hope you see the dilemma here xD thanks for the time cheers!

If i want to craft my own claw (good one not mirror) is it best to have a shaped one or not? Thinking of chances of rolling gain x of phys damage as extra y damage
Hi just started this build and this seems super fun. I know you just talked to someone about might of the meek and unnatural instinct and I just wanted to know what I should do if I just have 1 Might of the meek. Do I just place it at the spot you showed in the images in the guide or should buy 2? Unnatural instinct is just too out of my reach so I am probably going to sub it with a rare jewel in that socket. Thank you!

Meant to do this about a month ago but completed 40/40 with this build. Very fast mapping. I killed every boss fairly easy except aul but i never even found him. Felt a little squishy against guardians and uber elder but pretty sure it was always my own fault for any deaths i had. I also didnt mind just switching gems at harder bosses so never did the reave in helm method.

Just some advice for anyone trying to go deep into delves. I used kaoms roots and used bf instead of reave. I also swapped aoe and elemental focus for increased crits and elemental prof so i could constantly freeze enemies. I did have to dodge some of the more rippy delve areas but still got down to 600.

thanks for the build. Could of made my char a bit better for sure too. Had a lot of fun with it will probably roll it again next league.
"

Spoiler
alright well, so you run hatred and herald of ice, so am I while farming lower maps to gain levels, but where do herald of ash and herald of purity come into the picture? shouldnt I be using these at all or just ignore them? they are being mentioned in the guide but I dont know if/when I should use these for mapping at all?

maybe im retarded but there are 5 auras mentioned in the guide and it feels kind of unclear as to which ones we should use in maps vs bosses at all times, is like, purity of ice for example optional in some cases if you have more dps/more knowledge of the uber elder fight? and so on,

because its mentioned under "gameplay and tips" for the uber elder fight and to replace herald of ash with, but herald of ash im not even using, im using hatred and herald of ice ? like you said you do in your reply :S

we have: Herald of Purity,Herald of Ice,Herald of Ash, Hatred, Purity of Ice

thats 5 auras, just a clarification here like "for maps run these 2-3 auras" "for uber elder run these 2-3 auras" and thats it would be great :D

tbh it would help alot, wanted to check in the video what auras to run so thats why I was asking about the buff icons, it would just help in the example videos imo atleast, could turn it off again afterwards, but anyways again maybe its just me and im retarded :D so idk, for example now im using hatred and herald of ice like you said you do, I presume this is for mapping only and we never ever use herald of ash and herald of purity for mapping or do we? hope you see the dilemma here xD thanks for the time cheers!

You are legit the first one that has any problems with that, so I won't change it for now :P Especially given how hard it is to change things in that Guide with it being at the Char Limit.

Hatred and HoI for everything in the Game, except where it's mentioned otherwise. Really not that hard to get.
On Bosses like Shaper we use HoP instead of HoI for more DPS. If you want safety on Uber Elder you can use PoI for more tankyness.

Hope that covers it at last :D

"
saffran89 escribió:
If i want to craft my own claw (good one not mirror) is it best to have a shaped one or not? Thinking of chances of rolling gain x of phys damage as extra y damage

Yep, Gain X% of Phys as extra Y is pretty good. A T1 of that is almost (but not quite) equal a perfect T1 Hybrid Phys for us.
And slamming Gain as extra is pretty guaranteed (still not 100%) with "cannot roll attack mods" crafted beforehand.

You'd want a base with good flat Phys, %inc Phys and Attack Speed tho. These are extremely hard to hit.

Claws are tough to roll in general, so be warned. Would be intrigued to see if you manage to get something good tho, so feel free to keep us updated :)

"
Amusingtugboat escribió:
Spoiler

Meant to do this about a month ago but completed 40/40 with this build. Very fast mapping. I killed every boss fairly easy except aul but i never even found him. Felt a little squishy against guardians and uber elder but pretty sure it was always my own fault for any deaths i had. I also didnt mind just switching gems at harder bosses so never did the reave in helm method.

Just some advice for anyone trying to go deep into delves. I used kaoms roots and used bf instead of reave. I also swapped aoe and elemental focus for increased crits and elemental prof so i could constantly freeze enemies. I did have to dodge some of the more rippy delve areas but still got down to 600.

thanks for the build. Could of made my char a bit better for sure too. Had a lot of fun with it will probably roll it again next league.

Yo dude, big gz on the 40/40!

Glad to see you enjoyed the Build, and that it could help you a bit along the way :)

I actually have some Delve infos in the 2nd Post, but Ele Prolif is something new. I mentioned getting more Freeze Chance, but giving up a gem for Prolif didnt come to mind.
Ty for the headsup, I will probably include that when I get around to the next wave of updates/changes for the Guide :) Theres some stuff to do.

If you decide to play the Build again next League, maybe give the Molten Strike or Spectral Throw Version a shot :D Or one of the Foil Versions I'm gonna write up next week.
Editado por útlima vez por Guffinn en 17 nov. 2018 21:13:22
Heya!

I've decided to give your build a shot in next league. Just tell me its solid league starter? Also I prefer to run maps with IQ setup since I suck at making currency and only this way i can make big amount of money to do crazy things and enjoy endgame without worries.

Of course I use 2 items setup iq and normal ones for harder content, and I wonder if this build will fit in this system ? :P

Ive planed to make this bulid in delve after some crazy drops like
which would suit nicely to this char but lost motivation at some point.
Editado por útlima vez por NaneLz en 18 nov. 2018 4:24:30

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional