[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

Hi!

I like this build, but i can't understand some things, was pushing to the limit with googling, PoEB, etc but now i can say that i'm stuck

This is my gear
Spoiler

At first, i cant understand how to sustain blood rage. I removed the gem, because it killed me one or two times when i killed all enemies, so had no leech source, and had no flasks etc. it seems like Arkaali extra power doesn't work, maybe i need right order of gems? Does it matters?

I'm level 81 now, took life wheel and claw nodes with Soul Raker
PoB and game says that i can use both lefthand claw righthand statstick and vise versa without losing damage and other stuff, so i use Leapslam setup for all except bosses

And with all of this i still can not defeat Uber Izaro to complete the Lab. I get out of flask charges really fast because i can't dodge Izaro's attacks good enough while using BF,but if i focus on dodging it's not enough damage so he get buffed ot something like that

I'm not sure that it can be a level problem, because as you said in the guide or in comments we don't really in THAT need of last lab because it only gives us some passives, plus i defeated Izaro once with level 74 and 4400 hp Deadeye in mediocre gear

I've read lots of pages on this thread and discovered that you've made budget version with like 5200 hp and 500k DPS, i have better items like perfect health roll Belly, but can't reach that numbers, sooo it's about level? Or something got nerfed?

If it's about level, i have another problem: can't level comfortably. Not enough leech and boss damage, not enough another survivability aspects for my level content, i need to go on level 72 or 73 and this takes really long time, thanks to Delve i managed to lvl to 81 with many pain, if it was only maps i can't imagine how to level, tier 9 or 8 bosses always forces me to dodge a lot and hit a little, because not enough leech etc and even then i like on edge of dying

You wrote once on page 2 or so, that with gear in 100c budget build able to go up to tier 16 maps, but how?

I appreciate that you made such great guide with all of trade links, explanations, videos etc, it teached me a lot, but i'm new (my first league) and i need like some progression guide, that "level with sunder" simply is not enough and have wrong items and gems on picture, video contains another, but it kinda hard to watch 4 hours video waiting for instructions lol (also, i switched from sunder on level 54 or so and got much better results with BF+reave than with sunder)

Maybe something like "I leveled with this and this, then i hit maps and level 70, so i took x and y, took this nodes because of x and y, leveled with this to level on maps x,y,z then completed uberlab with closed eyes and 1 hand because of this setup:....., then go higher tier maps, guardians, uber elders, and finally that strange sidequest location in act 1 nobody actually goes to". With PoBs will be great but i know it's really time consuming (but maybe after you can use it in leveling section)

And also instructions how to use all of this channeling and other BF related stuff will be cool to see in the guide in future updates

I hope i made my questions and problems easy to understand, because english is not my native, and i know how tired you may be with all that answers and questions on 75 pages, but i really tried all i can do, so i hope you can find one or two years to read all of this lol
Editado por útlima vez por ST359 en 25 sept. 2018 19:56:49
"
ST359 escribió:
Hi!At first, i cant understand how to sustain blood rage. I removed the gem, because it killed me one or two times when i killed all enemies, so had no leech source, and had no flasks etc. it seems like Arkaali extra power doesn't work, maybe i need right order of gems? Does it matters?

Blood Rage is easier to sustain the more Life you have, because the Strength of Leech scales with max Life.
If you aren't comfortable with it, drop it for now. I have never had problems with it once I hit maps tho, same for many others who have played this Build.
That said, this Build requires a fast playstyle like I say in the "Cons" of the Guide. The faster you jump from pack to pack, the more you keep your Overleech up and get to keep your 8 Reave Stacks for longer.
I can assure you tho, that keeping it up gets easier the more Levels/Gear you have, as your Leech (and Speed I guess) simply become stronger.

"
ST359 escribió:

PoB and game says that i can use both lefthand claw righthand statstick and vise versa without losing damage and other stuff, so i use Leapslam setup for all except bosses

Sure you can do that, I explained that in the Gemlink Section. Personally prefer Whirling tho, especially for Bosses.

"
ST359 escribió:

And with all of this i still can not defeat Uber Izaro to complete the Lab. I get out of flask charges really fast because i can't dodge Izaro's attacks good enough while using BF,but if i focus on dodging it's not enough damage so he get buffed ot something like that

Don't force yourself to keep BF channeled, just Dodge instantly. You can do that with almost no time delay.
That said, this Build struggles with doing Uberlab as long as it's underlevelled and undergeared. I go over that in "Uber Lab Farming", saying that this in no way can compete to anything like a Jugg or other lab farmer early on.
That said, I never had problems with Izaro myself. But yes, doing Uber Lab alone is a struggle. Maybe spend the 8c for a Carry if you need it.

"
ST359 escribió:

I'm not sure that it can be a level problem, because as you said in the guide or in comments we don't really in THAT need of last lab because it only gives us some passives, plus i defeated Izaro once with level 74 and 4400 hp Deadeye in mediocre gear

Yes, Uber Lab is not Build Defining like on some other Builds. It's just a loooot of Skillpoints, which still are nice.
But like I said, I never had problems with Izaro himself.

"
ST359 escribió:

I've read lots of pages on this thread and discovered that you've made budget version with like 5200 hp and 500k DPS, i have better items like perfect health roll Belly, but can't reach that numbers, sooo it's about level? Or something got nerfed?

Check the Videos, I did a 60c Uber Elder Kill at the end of last League (prices will vary depending on state of the league). Gear is broken down in the video description with prices, was around 1,1 Million Shaper DPS. Nothing got nerfed, this Build only received Buffs since 3.2
If you check the end of the last page, I broke down a rough shopping List for like 260c that covers everything.
That said, I can gear this character for way less than most people simply because I live on Trade Sites and in PoB early league. Most importantly I know which rares I wanna go for, and what prices I'm willing to pay simply due to having played this Build so much.
Amount of Skillpoints obviously matters. Uber Lab gives a ton, and in that 60c Video I was level 97 I think. That said, dropping 5 Points would've made no Difference, dropping me to 950k Shaper DPS or so.

"
ST359 escribió:

If it's about level, i have another problem: can't level comfortably. Not enough leech and boss damage, not enough another survivability aspects for my level content, i need to go on level 72 or 73 and this is takes really long time, thanks to Delve i managed to lvl to 81 with many pain, if it was only maps i can't imagine how to level, tier 9 or 8 bosses always forces me to dodge a lot and hit a little, because not enough leech etc and even then i like on edge of dying

That's tough to hear, but 100% your Problem. Over 3 Leagues now plenty of people had 0 problems levelling this Build, and quite some have taken it from League Start to the absolute Endgame.
But I sometimes received Comments just like this in the past, and mostly it was people not liking the playstyle in the end/not managing it correctly that led to problems.
That said, there are some improvements you can make.
This Tree leads to the same Damage, with 200 more Life
Spoiler

If you feel your Leech is too weak, you can always pick up Vitality Void below Vaal Pact.

"
ST359 escribió:

You wrote once on page 2 or so, that with gear in 100c budget build able to go up to tier 16 maps, but how?

Check farther up, wrote something about that.

"
ST359 escribió:

I appreciate that you made such great guide with all of trade links, explanations, videos etc, it teached me a lot, but i'm new (my first league) and i need like some progression guide, that "level with sunder" simply is not enough and have wrong items and gems on picture, video contains another, but it kinda hard to watch 4 hours video waiting for instructions lol (also, i switched from sunder on level 54 or so and got much better results with BF+reave than with sunder)

Thanks mate, I really put a lot of Effort into this Guide.
That said, if this is your first League you should go watch some Beginner Videos. I aspired for this Guide to be as thorough as it can, but I'm limited to 50k Letters and what I can be bothered to include. This is a Build Guide, not a PoE Beginners Guide. People like Engineering Eternity (check him out on Youtube), have done that already and done a way better Job.
That "level with Sunder" is completely enough. You have a Skilltree Progression, and an indepth Video about it. If people cant be bothered with a Video, I got that Image with a Gemprogression (which is different, yes), and levelling Uniques for that path.
It was enough for many people already.

"
ST359 escribió:

Maybe something like "I leveled with this and this, then i hit maps and level 70, so i took x and y, took this nodes because of x and y, leveled with this to level on maps x,y,z then completed uberlab with closed eyes and 1 hand because of this setup:....., then go higher tier maps, guardians, uber elders, and finally that strange sidequest location in act 1 nobody actually goes to". With PoBs will be great but i know it's really time consuming (but maybe after you can use it in leveling section)

No, I won't do that. It's a great idea, but like I said I'm limited by how much Letters I can put into the Post (50k, and I'm constantly at the limit) and what I feel is needed. Seeing that many people have levelled and progressed just fine with this Build, I won't put in a days work for something I deem unnecessary.
There is a clear Gear progression in the Gear Section. Everything else as when to do what Content etc. is something everyone has to determine individually with regards to their Character Strength and Currency.
How to access that Content, deal with it (Bossguides etc.), and everything regarding Quests is covered by Guides about exactly that, and not a Build Guide.

"
ST359 escribió:

And also instructions how to use all of this channeling and other BF related stuff will be cool to see in the guide in future updates

That's a valid Point, and if you check my To Do List in the second Post, I have already planned for it :)

"
ST359 escribió:

I hope i made my questions and problems easy to understand, because english is not my native, and i know how tired you may be with all that answers and questions on 75 pages, but i really tried all i can do, so i hope you can find one or two years to read all of this lol

Your Questions are perfectly fine to understand mate, don't worry :)
And yes, answering Questions can be tiring and annoying. Not yours tho, it's mainly the ones that have been asked 100 times already but answered in the Guide :P

To conclude:
I see your Problems, and a couple of others have had them too over the Leagues. For most of them, it was down to not liking the mechanical Requirements of the Build/not being accustomed to it.
Dodging Stuff on Izaro is mainly a mechanical Thing. You can 100% interrupt a BF Channel to dodge away. That said, this Character is far from awesome for Uber Lab on these low levels/with low gear, and I recommend you to get a Carry if you really wanna get it done.
For now I can't do anything than give you the tree I posted further up, your Gear looks okay for the state of your Character. I can assure you that I usually had worse on League Start at about the same Level :P
But do get a Frostbomb for a big ST DPS increase.
Editado por útlima vez por Guffinn en 25 sept. 2018 20:19:48
Spoiler
"
Guffinn escribió:
"
ST359 escribió:
Hi!At first, i cant understand how to sustain blood rage. I removed the gem, because it killed me one or two times when i killed all enemies, so had no leech source, and had no flasks etc. it seems like Arkaali extra power doesn't work, maybe i need right order of gems? Does it matters?

Blood Rage is easier to sustain the more Life you have, because the Strength of Leech scales with max Life.
If you aren't comfortable with it, drop it for now. I have never had problems with it once I hit maps tho, same for many others who have played this Build.
That said, this Build requires a fast playstyle like I say in the "Cons" of the Guide. The faster you jump from pack to pack, the more you keep your Overleech up and get to keep your 8 Reave Stacks for longer.
I can assure you tho, that keeping it up gets easier the more Levels/Gear you have, as your Leech (and Speed I guess) simply become stronger.

"
ST359 escribió:

Sure you can do that, I explained that in the Gemlink Section. Personally prefer Whirling tho, especially for Bosses.

"
ST359 escribió:

Don't force yourself to keep BF channeled, just Dodge instantly. You can do that with almost no time delay.
That said, this Build struggles with doing Uberlab as long as it's underlevelled and undergeared. I go over that in "Uber Lab Farming", saying that this in no way can compete to anything like a Jugg or other lab farmer early on.
That said, I never had problems with Izaro myself. But yes, doing Uber Lab alone is a struggle. Maybe spend the 8c for a Carry if you need it.

"
ST359 escribió:

Yes, Uber Lab is not Build Defining like on some other Builds. It's just a loooot of Skillpoints, which still are nice.
But like I said, I never had problems with Izaro himself.

"
ST359 escribió:

Check the Videos, I did a 60c Uber Elder Kill at the end of last League (prices will vary depending on state of the league). Gear is broken down in the video description with prices, was around 1,1 Million Shaper DPS. Nothing got nerfed, this Build only received Buffs since 3.2
If you check the end of the last page, I broke down a rough shopping List for like 260c that covers everything.
That said, I can gear this character for way less than most people simply because I live on Trade Sites and in PoB early league. Most importantly I know which rares I wanna go for, and what prices I'm willing to pay simply due to having played this Build so much.
Amount of Skillpoints obviously matters. Uber Lab gives a ton, and in that 60c Video I was level 97 I think. That said, dropping 5 Points would've made no Difference, dropping me to 950k Shaper DPS or so.

"
ST359 escribió:

If it's about level, i have another problem: can't level comfortably. Not enough leech and boss damage, not enough another survivability aspects for my level content, i need to go on level 72 or 73 and this is takes really long time, thanks to Delve i managed to lvl to 81 with many pain, if it was only maps i can't imagine how to level, tier 9 or 8 bosses always forces me to dodge a lot and hit a little, because not enough leech etc and even then i like on edge of dying

That's tough to hear, but 100% your Problem. Over 3 Leagues now plenty of people had 0 problems levelling this Build, and quite some have taken it from League Start to the absolute Endgame.
But I sometimes received Comments just like this in the past, and mostly it was people not liking the playstyle in the end/not managing it correctly that led to problems.
That said, there are some improvements you can make.
This Tree leads to the same Damage, with 200 more Life
Spoiler

If you feel your Leech is too weak, you can always pick up Vitality Void below Vaal Pact.

"
ST359 escribió:

Check farther up, wrote something about that.

"
ST359 escribió:

Thanks mate, I really put a lot of Effort into this Guide.
That said, if this is your first League you should go watch some Beginner Videos. I aspired for this Guide to be as thorough as it can, but I'm limited to 50k Letters and what I can be bothered to include. This is a Build Guide, not a PoE Beginners Guide. People like Engineering Eternity (check him out on Youtube), have done that already and done a way better Job.
That "level with Sunder" is completely enough. You have a Skilltree Progression, and an indepth Video about it. If people cant be bothered with a Video, I got that Image with a Gemprogression (which is different, yes), and levelling Uniques for that path.
It was enough for many people already.

"
ST359 escribió:

No, I won't do that. It's a great idea, but like I said I'm limited by how much Letters I can put into the Post (50k, and I'm constantly at the limit) and what I feel is needed. Seeing that many people have levelled and progressed just fine with this Build, I won't put in a days work for something I deem unnecessary.
There is a clear Gear progression in the Gear Section. Everything else as when to do what Content etc. is something everyone has to determine individually with regards to their Character Strength and Currency.
How to access that Content, deal with it (Bossguides etc.), and everything regarding Quests is covered by Guides about exactly that, and not a Build Guide.

"
ST359 escribió:

That's a valid Point, and if you check my To Do List in the second Post, I have already planned for it :)

"
ST359 escribió:

Your Questions are perfectly fine to understand mate, don't worry :)
And yes, answering Questions can be tiring and annoying. Not yours tho, it's mainly the ones that have been asked 100 times already but answered in the Guide :P

To conclude:
I see your Problems, and a couple of others have had them too over the Leagues. For most of them, it was down to not liking the mechanical Requirements of the Build/not being accustomed to it.
Dodging Stuff on Izaro is mainly a mechanical Thing. You can 100% interrupt a BF Channel to dodge away. That said, this Character is far from awesome for Uber Lab on these low levels/with low gear, and I recommend you to get a Carry if you really wanna get it done.
For now I can't do anything than give you the tree I posted further up, your Gear looks okay for the state of your Character. I can assure you that I usually had worse on League Start at about the same Level :P
But do get a Frostbomb for a big ST DPS increase.

Wow, thank you for the fast and detailed answer!

Don't get me wrong: i like build and mechanincs very much, just got stuck a little because of my newb-iness
It's very cool to see things like you did with the tree, gains without losses, hope one day i will be able to understand evrything about building on your level

Seems like 95% of problems comes from my experience(i mean not the character expirience, but my as a player) so i'm sorry if some questions looks obvious(feel derp now :D)(but i've really searched a lot and started to watch newb videos even before downloading PoE, always trying to earn as much info as possible before asking, that was my first post on forum)

Also i tried a little different playstyle as you said, with less messing and dodging mainly strong slow "THIS WILL WRECK THE HECK RUN YOU FOOLS" boss attacks, feels much better! Leech starts working with this for me. So you are totally right about everything

And of course i will do other things you adviced, and i think i need re-read all the stuff

Thank you again for such great buildguide and answers, i learned a lot and definitely will learn even more
Guffin,

May want to add something about Shaped rings with reduced reflect on them. I think adding them on top of the other stuff you talk about lets you get through t16 reflect maps without much of a hassle.

Editado por útlima vez por Perce79 en 25 sept. 2018 21:07:58
"
ST359 escribió:
Wow, thank you for the fast and detailed answer!

Don't get me wrong: i like build and mechanincs very much, just got stuck a little because of my newb-iness
It's very cool to see things like you did with the tree, gains without losses, hope one day i will be able to understand evrything about building on your level

Seems like 95% of problems comes from my experience(i mean not the character expirience, but my as a player) so i'm sorry if some questions looks obvious(feel derp now :D)(but i've really searched a lot and started to watch newb videos even before downloading PoE, always trying to earn as much info as possible before asking, that was my first post on forum)

Also i tried a little different playstyle as you said, with less messing and dodging mainly strong slow "THIS WILL WRECK THE HECK RUN YOU FOOLS" boss attacks, feels much better! Leech starts working with this for me. So you are totally right about everything

And of course i will do other things you adviced, and i think i need re-read all the stuff

Thank you again for such great buildguide and answers, i learned a lot and definitely will learn even more

Hey mate, glad you could take something away from it :)

That said, I know that I sometimes get too defensive about this Build :P
Btw, having Soul Raker you can drop the 1 Mana Leech Node before Essence Tap.

Let me know if you end up liking the Build/where you can take it from here.
And btw, really consider an Uber Lab carry. Theres no shame in that, and the added Skillpoints from it (3 flat out and a lot from cutting the connection to the Scion Start) can be redistributed into Life and DPS.

"
Perce79 escribió:
Guffin,

May want to add something about Shaped rings with reduced reflect on them. I think adding them on top of the other stuff you talk about lets you get through t16 reflect maps without much of a hassle.

Valid Point mate.

Haven't really considered it. Might be tooo much of a hassle/setup for some people, especially given that you need to find a decent one first, but it doesn't hurt to add it in.

Thanks for linking one, I'll edit it in tomorrow or so :)
Editado por útlima vez por Guffinn en 25 sept. 2018 21:19:59
"
ST359 escribió:
Hi!
but i'm new (my first league) and i need like some progression guide

Hey since you are new and have problem with progression check this guide out, Enki got it all covered up, it will teach a lot of stuff, like quests, crafting, map progression guide. You dont even have to roll a wizard to benefit from a lot of his tips, seriously take your time and go through it, helped me a lot.

it even tells you WHEN to do UBER Lab, you cant go wrong with this guide

3.4 Enki's Arc Witch - a beginner & SSF-friendly Lightning Caster - All Content & Mapmods
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1147951/page/1

Other than that, dont stress yourself, Ive faced the same problems you are facing now, it is a very complicated and in-depth kind of game, next league try to follow a Leaguestarter guide and after you get the hang of it you will be able to start any other char with ease.

ps: Guffin, I hope im not insulting you, I just pointed the guy to a more beginners friendly guide because it seems he really needs it.
Editado por útlima vez por wackygoose en 25 sept. 2018 21:27:15
"
Hey mate, glad you could take something away from it :)

That said, I know that I sometimes get too defensive about this Build :P
Btw, having Soul Raker you can drop the 1 Mana Leech Node before Essence Tap.

Let me know if you end up liking the Build/where you can take it from here.
And btw, really consider an Uber Lab carry. Theres no shame in that, and the added Skillpoints from it (3 flat out and a lot from cutting the connection to the Scion Start) can be redistributed into Life and DPS.

It's already starts to feel MUCH smoother (and it was smooth before i just was need to play it right), you opened my eyes about how messy was my tree, like 3-4 free points was actually there, and i just didn't excepted how much frost bombs adds

And playstyle really matters, i surprised with this

"
Hey since you are new and have problem with progression check this guide out, Enki got it all covered up, it will teach a lot of stuff, like quests, crafting, map progression guide. You dont even have to roll a wizard to benefit from a lot of his tips, seriously take your time and go through it, helped me a lot.

it even tells you WHEN to do UBER Lab, you cant go wrong with this guide

3.4 Enki's Arc Witch - a beginner & SSF-friendly Lightning Caster - All Content & Mapmods
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1147951/page/1

Thank you very much, appreciate your help! I'll read it right now, seems like i skipped progression part first time lol
edit: i know about leaguestarters, made some currency on my 2(tried different builds to know what items worth something for different archetypes)
2edit: yes, i skipped the ssf progression guide, this is the thing i googled for a lot :D thank you again
Editado por útlima vez por ST359 en 25 sept. 2018 21:48:10
"
Guffinn escribió:

Valid Point mate.

Haven't really considered it. Might be tooo much of a hassle/setup for some people, especially given that you need to find a decent one first, but it doesn't hurt to add it in.

Thanks for linking one, I'll edit it in tomorrow or so :)

The "problem" with them is the official trade site doesnt have reduced reflect as a filter - poe.trade does. Ive noticed some decent rings for sale at low prices with the reduced reflect on them. Maybe not optimal but more than useful for reflect maps. Especially for those of us who hate having to reroll map mods.
"
Perce79 escribió:
The "problem" with them is the official trade site doesnt have reduced reflect as a filter - poe.trade does.

The affix is included in the Official Trade Site:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Delve/BoMk7KT8
Something like this will be what I'll include.

"
ST359 escribió:
It's already starts to feel MUCH smoother (and it was smooth before i just was need to play it right), you opened my eyes about how messy was my tree, like 3-4 free points was actually there, and i just didn't excepted how much frost bombs adds

And playstyle really matters, i surprised with this

Glad it improved a bit for you :)
Editado por útlima vez por Guffinn en 25 sept. 2018 22:20:20
"
Guffinn escribió:
"
Perce79 escribió:
The "problem" with them is the official trade site doesnt have reduced reflect as a filter - poe.trade does.

The affix is included in the Official Trade Site:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Delve/BoMk7KT8
Something like this will be what I'll include.

look again. Your filter says 'increased' not 'reduced.' So even though the search works and fines reduced Elemental damage, that is not what the drop-down says. Many people are not going to find it when they type in the word 'reduced.'
wild that does not matter when you give them the link, it matters for people who get the drops and are trying to price them accordingly. bet a lot of people get rid of them thinking they are completely valueless because of this.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional