[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

Hey. I'm looking at going for this build. I have a couple of questions. I'm playing on delve btw.

What do you think about the champion version? Say Donthecrowns Swiss Army champion? Why is ascendant better? Which is better for delving? If a champion is probably higher dps but lower survivability wont it be better at higher delves to kill before we are killed type of thing? Along the same lines of why you mention switching to flurry for deeper delves.

Also, I read the whole guide but since we look for pdps on the claws as well, why is the foil not as good? Purely because of the tree choices?

Do you think this is a good build to invest a mirror into? What would i get? The stat stick or the main hand?

I'm really not inclined to using Molten strike. Do you think i can just push with Reave/BF? I know you mention BF might be better later on in deeper delves, but im just asking as a whole.

Sincerely sorry if you've answered any of this already, I've just been going nuts over what to build so went over a lot of builds and didnt really read through 60 pages of posts here :S.

"
ThngsLikeThis escribió:
I am also desperately seeking for my last trial ;)

Bought a claw tho to replace my wasp nest.. nice upgrade, feels very smooth. :)

Any tipps on what to upgrade next? (Jewels will be done, once I finally have my Uber-Lab done ^^)

Hey mate, gl on the Search :) Will be a big Upgrade.

That said, your left Ring Slot and that one Abyss Jewel in the Tombfist are your weakest Slots right now.

Can give you more of a rundown when I'm less tired :P

"
Mtntech escribió:
yeah the amulets and rings could use an upgrade on life, but right now currency is low, just started elder UGS farming so ill be able to afford more soon, just swapped over to warlord's mark and its a lot better on survivability in there for now, 2 might of the meeks and a better stat stick will be coming in the next few days hopefully unless i get some crazy luck tonight :D thanks for the info!

Gl on the farm mate, keep me updated :)

"
Petfo0d escribió:
Hey. I'm looking at going for this build. I have a couple of questions. I'm playing on delve btw.

What do you think about the champion version? Say Donthecrowns Swiss Army champion? Why is ascendant better? Which is better for delving? If a champion is probably higher dps but lower survivability wont it be better at higher delves to kill before we are killed type of thing? Along the same lines of why you mention switching to flurry for deeper delves.

Also, I read the whole guide but since we look for pdps on the claws as well, why is the foil not as good? Purely because of the tree choices?

Do you think this is a good build to invest a mirror into? What would i get? The stat stick or the main hand?

I'm really not inclined to using Molten strike. Do you think i can just push with Reave/BF? I know you mention BF might be better later on in deeper delves, but im just asking as a whole.

Sincerely sorry if you've answered any of this already, I've just been going nuts over what to build so went over a lot of builds and didnt really read through 60 pages of posts here :S.

Hey mate, thanks for considering this Build :)

Champion is the better league starter and scales bad gear better.
That said, this Build scales way higher simply by having more avenues to scale.

Don has built and geared his Char for DPS mostly. This Build has way more Life, better Defensives through full Acro and more Flask Choices, the incredibly Strong Claw LGoH and most importantly Overleech.
Dons 6 Million DPS thingy sounds cool, but that is with Adrenaline always up, which is not remotely realistic during Uber Elder, and HEAVY investment into Damage while neglecting Survivability. It's surely not squishy, but way less survivable than this Build.
You can reach higher DPS and Survivability with this build here, but it requires people to know how to gear. Weighing Rares and picking the right ones, especially Rings and Amulets, is important. I kinda take the Job out of your hands with the Trade Links, I think, but it still requires personal judgement etc.

As for the pushing with BF/Reave: why not. It's certainly possible, just mechanically a bit worse then MS for Delves.

Claws are answered in the FAQ. The LGoH implicit is crazy strong for Survivability, and Claw Nodes are obscenely strong.
Foils are more popular because they are easier to roll and pathing for them usually gives easier to reach Life Nodes. Scion fixes that tho in a sense.

I wouldn't recommend to Mirror anything, if that Mirror is most of what you have. The complete Gearset you can buy for these Exalts will far outweigh any single Mirrored item. Mirroring smth is only really smart when you got an otherwise decked out character.

To summarize: a champ like Dons is easier/cheaper to gear for, and performs well. This Build is harder to Gear for but, objectively, performs better if you do it right.
That said: both Builds are capable of steamrolling the entire Game (except HoGM), so just choose whicherver one sounds more appealing to you :)

Hope that quick rundown covers most of it, really need to sleep again now. Incredibly tired. Hit me up if you have other questions :)

Editado por útlima vez por Guffinn en 15 sept. 2018 22:31:20
"
Guffinn escribió:
"
ThngsLikeThis escribió:
I am also desperately seeking for my last trial ;)

Bought a claw tho to replace my wasp nest.. nice upgrade, feels very smooth. :)

Any tipps on what to upgrade next? (Jewels will be done, once I finally have my Uber-Lab done ^^)

Hey mate, gl on the Search :) Will be a big Upgrade.

That said, your left Ring Slot and that one Abyss Jewel in the Tombfist are your weakest Slots right now.

Can give you more of a rundown when I'm less tired :P
[/quote]

Thanks for looking into it :)
The upper one?

"
Guffinn escribió:
"
hammypants escribió:
How's the new jewel for unallocated nodes on the tree with this build?

You slot it in to the top right Scion Jewel Socket, pathing through the Cast Speed Nodes, and keep the other 2 Meeks where they are in the Scion Area.

You meant pathing through spell damage nodes? Just want to be sure to not make a mistake :).
"
Guffinn escribió:

"
Petfo0d escribió:

Hey mate, thanks for considering this Build :)

Champion is the better league starter and scales bad gear better.
That said, this Build scales way higher simply by having more avenues to scale.

Don has built and geared his Char for DPS mostly. This Build has way more Life, better Defensives through full Acro and more Flask Choices, the incredibly Strong Claw LGoH and most importantly Overleech.
Dons 6 Million DPS thingy sounds cool, but that is with Adrenaline always up, which is not remotely realistic during Uber Elder, and HEAVY investment into Damage while neglecting Survivability. It's surely not squishy, but way less survivable than this Build.
You can reach higher DPS and Survivability with this build here, but it requires people to know how to gear. Weighing Rares and picking the right ones, especially Rings and Amulets, is important. I kinda take the Job out of your hands with the Trade Links, I think, but it still requires personal judgement etc.

As for the pushing with BF/Reave: why not. It's certainly possible, just mechanically a bit worse then MS for Delves.

Claws are answered in the FAQ. The LGoH implicit is crazy strong for Survivability, and Claw Nodes are obscenely strong.
Foils are more popular because they are easier to roll and pathing for them usually gives easier to reach Life Nodes. Scion fixes that tho in a sense.

I wouldn't recommend to Mirror anything, if that Mirror is most of what you have. The complete Gearset you can buy for these Exalts will far outweigh any single Mirrored item. Mirroring smth is only really smart when you got an otherwise decked out character.

To summarize: a champ like Dons is easier/cheaper to gear for, and performs well. This Build is harder to Gear for but, objectively, performs better if you do it right.
That said: both Builds are capable of steamrolling the entire Game (except HoGM), so just choose whicherver one sounds more appealing to you :)

Hope that quick rundown covers most of it, really need to sleep again now. Incredibly tired. Hit me up if you have other questions :)

Thanks for the swift reply. Here is a PoB of champs build with much cheaper gear but i switched out the weapons to what you used in your comparison between phys foil vs claw but changed nothing else, no watchers eye either and seems like its 500k or so higher with about 1k life leech. https://pastebin.com/u3NRJFuJ
So how would we scale the ascendant for better dps? Also according to PoB the accuracy seems to be at 86% and seems like one of the biggest issues with this version. Do you run with 86% hit chance or is that a PoB only thing?

EDIT: 500k higher without Adrenaline since you said it was unreliable. Since we can guaranteed proc it at start/phases its effectively more than 500k. Dont get me wrong im not posting to say your wrong. I just want to know if im missing something or whatever in the PoB.
Editado por útlima vez por Petfo0d en 16 sept. 2018 6:44:52
Hello.

Finally was able to get much better claw and sold jewel for 4ex which allowed me to get tombfists as well, since i was literally sitting at 0 currency after getting the claw.

Abyss belt, amulet and second ring still needing some love and of course taste of hate. :)

"
Petfo0d escribió:
Thanks for the swift reply. Here is a PoB of champs build with much cheaper gear but i switched out the weapons to what you used in your comparison between phys foil vs claw but changed nothing else, no watchers eye either and seems like its 500k or so higher with about 1k life leech. https://pastebin.com/u3NRJFuJ
So how would we scale the ascendant for better dps? Also according to PoB the accuracy seems to be at 86% and seems like one of the biggest issues with this version. Do you run with 86% hit chance or is that a PoB only thing?

EDIT: 500k higher without Adrenaline since you said it was unreliable. Since we can guaranteed proc it at start/phases its effectively more than 500k. Dont get me wrong im not posting to say your wrong. I just want to know if im missing something or whatever in the PoB.

The PoB you linked has absolutely INSANE Gear. 125% added as Extra Sceptre with Pen, 477pdps Foil, disgusting Jewels and Amulet etc.
Nothing cheap there :P

That said, how do we scale this Build higher? Because we can get way better Rares, Links, Flasks and gear overall.
Simply chugging in 5 DPS Flasks, since we don't need a Life Flask and can drop the Silver as well, using stronger Rares as we have way more effective ways to scale (Phys, WED, Attack Speed, Multi, Accuracy etc.), better Links as DoFL is enabled and EDwA gives way stronger Benefits etc.
Elemental Conversion Builds simply scale Higher. EDwA is stronger, access to stronger Rares, Enchants are Stronger etc.
Why is the Accuracy so low? Because you don't have any Accuracy on Gear obviously. What kinda Observation is that even :D I run with 90%+ All the time.

https://pastebin.com/u3NRJFuJ

Same shit, his Foil converted to a Claw and my Tree. Used proper Rings that have WED and Accuracy on them, 5 DPS Flasks etc.
More Damage, way more Life, way more Safety.

"
Christof escribió:
Hello.

Finally was able to get much better claw and sold jewel for 4ex which allowed me to get tombfists as well, since i was literally sitting at 0 currency after getting the claw.

Abyss belt, amulet and second ring still needing some love and of course taste of hate. :)

Cool to see that you're still progressing :)

Go get a better Abyss Jewel for that right Socket, there are pleeenty with Life out there that also have beneficial Stats.
I would keep Pain Whorl for now, just recraft the Life to be 40+
A second Might of the Meek would also go a long way now.

Other than that, you are obviously right: a good Stygian and a Taste of Hate will be great :)

Hope it continues to go so smooth for you!

"
ThngsLikeThis escribió:

Thanks for looking into it :)
The upper one?

Yep, the Upper one. Just go get one with 35+ Life, using the Trade Links.
It's obviously good for Damage, but you really want Life.

Uber Lab and your Left Ring have the highest Priority for now tho :P

"
You meant pathing through spell damage nodes? Just want to be sure to not make a mistake :).

Yep, was a brain fart. You can see the correct Setup on my current Character "GuffinMcFlurry".
Just keep in mind that you have to have something like this:

for it to be a "proper" upgrade if you run the 3 Meek Setup already.
Editado por útlima vez por Guffinn en 16 sept. 2018 8:29:57
I think you posted the wrong PoB link? I'm getting the exact same thing i posted. Can you repost what you meant?

Also Tl;Dr is that Ascendant has way better survival right??

Edit: NVM IM GOING IN!I cant be too nit picky about it. Currency isnt an issue so i can actually afford to mirror an item, but i think i'll hold off on that till i'm done with all slots like you said. Sorry i was being so picky, I just wanted to clarify some stuff.

Gonna start leveling now! What leveling uniques would you recommend if i go the sunder route? Also i usually prefer switching to my end game skill if its a skill im not used to and ive never played with BF. When can i switch you reckon? Or not at all?

Is sunder the fastest assuming full twink gear?
Editado por útlima vez por Petfo0d en 16 sept. 2018 9:58:03
"
Petfo0d escribió:
I think you posted the wrong PoB link? I'm getting the exact same thing i posted. Can you repost what you meant?

Also Tl;Dr is that Ascendant has way better survival right??

Edit: NVM IM GOING IN!I cant be too nit picky about it. Currency isnt an issue so i can actually afford to mirror an item, but i think i'll hold off on that till i'm done with all slots like you said. Sorry i was being so picky, I just wanted to clarify some stuff.

Gonna start leveling now! What leveling uniques would you recommend if i go the sunder route? Also i usually prefer switching to my end game skill if its a skill im not used to and ive never played with BF. When can i switch you reckon? Or not at all?

Is sunder the fastest assuming full twink gear?

Ooops, messed up. Gonna post the actual PoB soon, but I gotta leave now for an hour or so (didnt save it).

Ty for the Trust tho :)
Twink Gear is in the Levelling Section, Gear and Gems.
Sunder is tried and tested, and the fastest IMO. That said, Smite and or Conc Path have received good reviews for levelling.
I have a noob question. In your skill tree http://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.4.2/AAAABAABAQAGAF4BCQJfA5YFtQceCC4NjQ5IES8RgRGWFfYV_Ra_GFYZjh3CIdAj9iT9JpUqCyo4KwowcTB8MgE0IDWSNj031DpCOuE7KEX0SVFKfUrIS3hNkk3jTipRR1VLW69d8mDeYeJh62J5Yqxjp2SvbIxuPW6qb1dwUngZePl6U3tue8N9dX7dfyuBrILkhQ6HdonTijiKr4w2jX2NgY25jb-QEZKAk5CUoJUulyGaF5smm42dqqOKpAymV6avqLupebIZtMW18rjZvoC-vMF8waDC7M96037UI9YH2E3Yvdpi3UbdSN2o5GrnVOd06NbrY-0_7YPuDu968NXyRfzF_W7-Cv6P_rr_3g==

How can you start from somewhere in the tree (you selected many skill on the right, but nothing between them and the center)?

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional