[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

"
Kairu927 escribió:
Spoiler
"
From my experience, the loss of Speed is noticeble, but certainly not a Deal Breaker.

Out of curiosity: do you play on predictive? I found that smoothness and attack speed were more noticeable, so maybe that's why you can notice it way harder than I can, since lockstep has a sort of ping attached to your actions anyway. I'm forced to play on lockstep because Canadian internet is so garbage that I desync (or die to desynced projectiles) far too much to enjoy it.

"
And just asking, but I see you are at 135 INT even without a 30 Int node. Or am I looking at this wrong?

You're right that I am, but 52 of it comes from my helmet, so if I wanted to swap to a lightpoacher I'm understatted without the node. I plan on swapping to a scepter offhand to lower my strength requirement, and change my ring/amulet to int crafts. After that none of my gear swaps should affect my stat requirements, just need a bit of res on my poacher/bubonic jewels.

Thanks for the response.

I play on predictive while map farming, its pretty smooth and safe for me. For Bosses I switch to Lockstep, it's fine enough but I don't wanna risk a rip to some shenanigans.

Concerning the INT/Res: thats why I liked Tempests Binding so much in Bestiary. Very good damage obviously, but it having the same Res as Lightpoacher made gearing for a boss set a bit easier.
When looking for Upgrades, keep in mind many shaped statstick Sceptres have INT on them. Orrrr, I have this:

up for sale from my old Gear :P No Idea how it compares to your current one tho, but less life obviously. Too lazy to check in PoB

Just picked up these for 43C. Pretty good deal, but it's a shit base. Lets see how it feels for mapping.
Noob question: Why do we level with sunder if reave is available from very early? Isn't it viable to level all the way with Reave from the beginning?
"
EdSterling escribió:
Noob question: Why do we level with sunder if reave is available from very early? Isn't it viable to level all the way with Reave from the beginning?

Sunder is easy to gear for, and scales extremely nice all the way while levelling. Good Clear, good Singletarget.
You can try levelling with Reave, RaizQT tested it a while ago. Don't know what conclusion he arrived at, but personally Reave feels subpar during Levelling.
In the end, if you're not pushing for ladder or something like that, most stuff can be equal. If you enjoy Reave, stick with it. Improving Levelling Speed first and foremost comes down to skipping the right amounts of trash, remembering layouts, not wasting time on picking stuff up/IDing, being good with your Moveskill etc. IMO.
Editado por útlima vez por Guffinn en 4 jul. 2018 19:28:53
Thanks for the guide Guffin.

Mind doing a critique of my build and let me know my pain points?

I still plan on grabbing a belt + bubonic + lightpoacher for bosses, but quite honestly I've had no problems doing t16 guardians with this. I'll grab the extra for Shaper+

"
Guffinn escribió:
"
EdSterling escribió:

Sunder is easy to gear for, and scales extremely nice all the way while levelling. Good Clear, good Singletarget.
You can try levelling with Reave, RaizQT tested it a while ago. Don't know what conclusion he arrived at, but personally Reave feels subpar during Levelling.
In the end, if you're not pushing for ladder or something like that, most stuff can be equal. If you enjoy Reave, stick with it. Improving Levelling Speed first and foremost comes down to skipping the right amounts of trash, remembering layouts, not wasting time on picking stuff up/IDing, being good with your Moveskill etc. IMO.

Thanks for the quick reply! And at what point do you make the switch to Reave and BF?
One of the best put together guides on the forums atm. No clue why the occasional person has such a problem with a build, its all laid out and even has trade links for gear which is AMAZING.
Wanted to say your guide and the build is great. The trade links are a great addition and made it really braindead.

My claw and jewellery are lacking IMO but I was able to kill Uber Elder for the first time today.

Any suggestions for what to upgrade first?

"
EdSterling escribió:
at what point do you make the switch to Reave and BF?

Not OP but I played as my league start and swapped from Sunder around level 60.

If you have twink gear waiting on you though (like a sword and a Princess offhand or something) you can swap whenever and breeze by leveling with almost any decent clear skill with this build.
Editado por útlima vez por paebac en 5 jul. 2018 8:06:03
"
Setsa escribió:
Thanks for the guide Guffin.

Mind doing a critique of my build and let me know my pain points?

I still plan on grabbing a belt + bubonic + lightpoacher for bosses, but quite honestly I've had no problems doing t16 guardians with this. I'll grab the extra for Shaper+

Yo dude, it seems to be going good for you :)

Claw, Statstick, Amulet, Helm, etc. all looks very good. The Rings are very fine, the next upgrade would be getting Accuracy as well as Phys+WED on them. But this League the Ring market is pretty dry.
Personally I would go for Abyss Jewels with at least 35 Life on them, but if you feel fine about your HP that's ok.
As for your Tree, I would drop Aspect of the Panther soon. Maybe in 2 Levels, then you can grab 1 Frenzy and a Jewel Socket (preferably the 20 INT one).

Everything else looks very solid, I think you won't have any problems with the other endgame Content. Especially once your Gems hit 20 and you get a proper Bossing Setup going. A Lightpoacher with BR enchant, the 2 Flasks (btw, upgrade your Promise to 20/15%), Bubonic Trail and Kaom's Roots for Uber Elder.
Cool to see someone follow the Guide down to every word :)

"
One of the best put together guides on the forums atm. No clue why the occasional person has such a problem with a build, its all laid out and even has trade links for gear which is AMAZING.

Thank you very much mate! It's good to hear that you enjoy it.
It's understandable that people have problems, not everything can work for everyone. While I think this Guide got pretty fool proof over the months as I made some minor Improvements, not everyone likes the playstyle.

"
paebac escribió:
Wanted to say your guide and the build is great. The trade links are a great addition and made it really braindead.

My claw and jewellery are lacking IMO but I was able to kill Uber Elder for the first time today.

Any suggestions for what to upgrade first?

Thanks mate, very happy to see that you reached such a nice Point!

First of all, I recommend making the switch to a Might of the Meek Tree. Some time during the last weeks I started explicitly recommending it. It's extremely strong on a Budget, and only gets beaten by really good rare Jewels, that cost a fortune.
This is what your Tree would look like: https://pastebin.com/aCUCwf5y
More Life, same Damage, more reliably Crit. That said, Meeks have been going up in Price a bit.

Besides that, quite some of your Abyss Jewels could be better easily. Some low life Evasion Roll, Move Speed etc. is not really worth it. And yeah, Rings/Amulet are pretty meh. Just follow the trade Links or Stat Priority for these.

These still are looking for a new owner btw :P Shameless plug.
All in all the Rares could be better. Claw and Statstick are pretty suboptimal, but I think Rings, Amulet and Jewels should be easiest/cheapest to upgrade.

The Watchers eye could also be better rolled.

That said, your current Gear led you to an Uber Elder Kill, so you are doing a lot right!
Gl on the rest of the way.

"
EdSterling escribió:
Thanks for the quick reply! And at what point do you make the switch to Reave and BF?

NP mate, sry that it took longer this time :P Was doing RL stuff.
I usually switch when I get into Maps. After I farmed a bit in Blood Aqueducts like everyone, did my Merc Lab and finished Kitava, I buy any Starter Gear I can and switch to reave/BF for maps. I say that in the Introduction to the Levelling Section tho.
Hey hey! We chatted a bit last season and I've been really wanting to play a build that can effectively boss. Recently picked up
and thought of utilizing it. I've never killed Uber Elder and hoping this build will get me there.
"
Phont escribió:
Hey hey! We chatted a bit last season and I've been really wanting to play a build that can effectively boss. Recently picked up
and thought of utilizing it. I've never killed Uber Elder and hoping this build will get me there.

Yo, on mobile right now.
Dont know if you dropped or bought that.
In Relation to the power it offers, such a Watchers Eye is an extreme luxury item. For what you could get for that one, you can gear a character that can farm Uber Elder and all other content extremely smoothly more than 5 Times :D

If you bought it, I assume you are in some other league than us plebs in Terms of currency. If it dropped for you, then sell it and you soon will be :P

Regardless, gz on the currency. Id be happy to help you along the way of gearing.
Editado por útlima vez por Guffinn en 6 jul. 2018 3:45:12

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional