[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

Today I switched a helm which had Hypothermia with Tempest Binding (which has Innervate and Ice Bite) and I feel mapping got much slower. Even with Ice Bite on Tempest Binding freezes and shatters are much, much rarer and packs don't explode like they used to, making the map clear slower. Did anyone else had similar experience? Is it supposed to be that way?
Editado por útlima vez por SolloPoE en 15 jun. 2018 0:17:48
Sold the sword and bought a 300+ pdps claw (also bought a 34% cold conversion watcher's eye, just to start with the build).

I'm simply astonished by the reave setup on a pseudo 6-link helmet. The clearspeed is absurd, it's an absolute joy to play with this.

(still managing gems and getting ascendancy points)

I'm also using a cheap Assassin's Mark on hit shaped ring that I had from one of the previous failed builds. I gotta say that it is pretty good (and it also free's up the curse on hit setup).

2 questions:

1. Without the curse on hit setup, would be Herald of Ash better than Herald of Ice for mapping?
2. On the Might of the Meek setup, wouldn't it be better to get the max life/STR and life regen nodes going to the west scion jewel slot? AFAIK, we have no problems with int/mana/mana regen.
Editado por útlima vez por leafyr0kr en 15 jun. 2018 3:21:40
OP links tempest binding helmet as end-game helmet for clear skill, yet a ton of people are linking shaper helmets with innervate instead.

So which is better, provided currency is not an issue?
Had a couple questions about gem links and the skillbar. It seems to me that with all of the gem links you recommend for mapping, we are missing one slot on the skillbar to be able to cast them all. Anybody else having this issue? I have golem on left click, BF on middle, reave on right, whirling q, vaal reave w, vaal haste e, blood rage r, and frost bomb t, which leaves me with no slot for AP.

Second question is, do you recolor links on any of your gear to switch from bossing/mapping set ups. It seems to be that I will need to recolor my weapon to drop HoI/Curse and the CWDT setup
Hey buddy! I'm finally movin up in the world, and have been following your advice more closely (ignore the third life flask, as I was just pushing a friend through lab). I purchased a Watcher's eye with my half the currency I earned this season only to realize I didn't know where to slot it!!! I imported your account data into my PoB and realized 3 things:

Your current incursion build lacks a Shaped statstick

Your current build in incursion features the discussed Might of the Meek Jewel 3x but the trees on the first post haven't been updated with this information

Your current build in incursion lacks the Watcher's Eye Jewel.

Is it still recommended to use that Watcher's eye jewel? I got the might of the meeks set in, and it helps a lot. Where should I put that Watcher's Eye Jewel? The seller offered to buy back, should I do that?

Is the shaped statstick still necessary?
Editado por útlima vez por Strudelnoodle en 15 jun. 2018 5:52:25
"
leafyr0kr escribió:

2 questions:

1. Without the curse on hit setup, would be Herald of Ash better than Herald of Ice for mapping?
2. On the Might of the Meek setup, wouldn't it be better to get the max life/STR and life regen nodes going to the west scion jewel slot? AFAIK, we have no problems with int/mana/mana regen.

1. Quoting Dntsy from Page 9, replying to a similar question:

"
Ye, CoH Assmark Ring would free gemslots up. I dont recommend mapping without HoI tho, as the Sounds are just too good :D and it helps with clear quite a bit.

2. Ha, I hadn't realised there was a version (the image one) where there's pathing through the nodes above the jewel, as on the PoE Planner / PoE Website links, he paths through the way you suggest! I was really confused about where he was getting the 12 Int from as it wasn't on the suggested trees I was looking at. FWIW, the life regen won't help due to Vaal Pact, but OFC life/STR are always helpful. I might respec to the upper/INT path, though, as that might free up INT requirements from some jewellery ...
On mobile right now, so expect some Typos. Also accidentally wrote answers to all questions and deleted them once already, so just editing in one after the other now to be sure.

"
Today I switched a helm which had Hypothermia with Tempest Binding (which has Innervate and Ice Bite) and I feel mapping got much slower. Even with Ice Bite on Tempest Binding freezes and shatters are much, much rarer and packs don't explode like they used to, making the map clear slower. Did anyone else had similar experience? Is it supposed to be that way?

No, that is obviously not supposed to be that way :P I never experienced anything similar and it also doesnt make sense in my Mind.
TB should offer way more upfront Damage and also more DPS in General than just Hypo.
Your Chance to Freeze and Freeze Duration should be the Same or maybe go up even, as Ice Bite offers more Cold Damage and increased Chance to Freeze. Makes no sense you would Freeze less reliabl. Maybe you just ran some Avoid Ailments Maps?
Also, If you want more reliable Freezes, you could go for Twin Terrors over maybe Fangs of Frost. Slightly less damage but more Crit. Cant check your Tree on mobile.

"
broseidon07 escribió:
OP links tempest binding helmet as end-game helmet for clear skill, yet a ton of people are linking shaper helmets with innervate instead.

So which is better, provided currency is not an issue?

Currency not an Issue? Rare Helmets with 20 Innervate, 20 Inc AoE and 30%more Ele Damage are possible and would be better, but cost more than 10 Times what a TB would. Same goes for a Elder Helmet with 20 Conc Effect, flat crit to attacks and 30% more Ele Damage where you could Socket BF and Put Reave in the Chest. Would be a mirror probably or something like that.
I prefer TB for good Damage, reliable Freezes, good HP and the same Res as the Bossing Helmet, which makes swapping easier.
A 18 Innervate 18 Inc Aoe Helm is a great Choice tho, for way less than TB.

"
leafyr0kr escribió:
Spoiler
Sold the sword and bought a 300+ pdps claw (also bought a 34% cold conversion watcher's eye, just to start with the build).

I'm simply astonished by the reave setup on a pseudo 6-link helmet. The clearspeed is absurd, it's an absolute joy to play with this.

(still managing gems and getting ascendancy points)

I'm also using a cheap Assassin's Mark on hit shaped ring that I had from one of the previous failed builds. I gotta say that it is pretty good (and it also free's up the curse on hit setup).

2 questions:

Great to see that it's going so well for you :)

HoA is more Damage than HoI, but for mapping that dps doesnt matter. I prefer HoI for the noticeable cleanup the Explosions provide.
A CoH Ring frees Up Gemslots to carry a CwDT IC Setup while mapping in SC, but These cost a looooot If you want a decent one. I didnt mention that, because anyone who has that currency should know for themselves how to Progress further :P

We don't have any Life Regen due to VP so the left only offers Str/Flat Life. I chose the other way because in the Meek Trees we don't Take Aspect of the Lynx and loose 10 INT. The right way gives 12 INT to counteract that, and at least the Mana Regen/Increase is not completely wasted :P
In the HC trees I Go the other way because you dont need the INT due to different pathing and Life is always nice.

"
Berto33 escribió:
Had a couple questions about gem links and the skillbar. It seems to me that with all of the gem links you recommend for mapping, we are missing one slot on the skillbar to be able to cast them all. Anybody else having this issue? I have golem on left click, BF on middle, reave on right, whirling q, vaal reave w, vaal haste e, blood rage r, and frost bomb t, which leaves me with no slot for AP.

Second question is, do you recolor links on any of your gear to switch from bossing/mapping set ups. It seems to be that I will need to recolor my weapon to drop HoI/Curse and the CWDT setup

In 3.2 the Bars had enough Space, but that changed in 3.3. I usually forgo the Frost Bomb for a Vaal Skill while map Farming, and will Update the Thread accordingly. Ty for reminding me!

I only recolour my Bossing Helmet whenever I Go for Uber Elder and need to accomodate Purity of Ice.
Weapon1: AP, Duration, Bomb
weapon2: Whirl, FA, Blood Magic
Chest: BF, Helm: Reave
Gloves: BR, Hatred
Boots: CoH Setup
Then for the juicy endgame Bosses I Swap in my Lightpoacher with HoA and Ice Golem for the Helmet and Bubonic Trail with a CwDT Setup for the Boots. No Recolouring needed at all.
If you Equip Kaoms Roots for Uber Elder, you move the CwDT Setup into the weapon and keep a lvl 11 Frostbomb there. That's explained in the Guide tho.

That said, I couldnt provide a one for all solution for Gemsockets. Since everyone has a different amount of Sockets due to Abyssal Items and their stage of Gear Progression.

"
Strudelnoodle escribió:
Spoiler
Hey buddy! I'm finally movin up in the world, and have been following your advice more closely (ignore the third life flask, as I was just pushing a friend through lab). I purchased a Watcher's eye with my half the currency I earned this season only to realize I didn't know where to slot it!!! I imported your account data into my PoB and realized 3 things:

Your current build in incursion features the discussed Might of the Meek Jewel 3x but the trees on the first post haven't been updated with this information

Is it still recommended to use that Watcher's eye jewel? I got the might of the meeks set in, and it helps a lot. Where should I put that Watcher's Eye Jewel? The seller offered to buy back, should I do that?

Yo, cool to see its going good for you as Well :D
That said I cant look at your tree and Gear on mobile right now, will do that later probably.

I updated the PoBs for the Might of the Meek Version and the Tree Section has Had them Implemented for 2 days already, Check again.

The Trees also accomodate a Jewel Socket for the Eye, and Like I Said there you should always Adapt the tree to your Needs. Got a sick Jewel? Unspec the weak 2 Pointer I take at the Ranger Start and Grab a Jewel Socket.

Obviously the Watchers Eye and Statsticks are still a huge DPS Boost, If they werent I wouldve updated the thread :P
That said, I cant Play a lot in Incursion right now, or at least Not for extended Periods of time or efficiently. Whenever I Log on, I mostly Just chill, eat and watch Videos while answering questions from PMs or here :P I usually only do short mapping sessions and havent really been Farming Currency.
Dont Take my character as the be all end all, my Gear is more than enough to Farm my Shaped Toxic Sewers and Haunted Mansions with the occasional T15 thrown in, so im Not upgrading my Gear for now.

Yoooo, big shoutouts to Haasts for helping out! I probably should Just leave the Thread to him, at least while im on mobile :D

Really annoying to type Here, as the German auto correction constantly Changes words to similar german ones and capitalizes them randomly.
Editado por útlima vez por Guffinn en 15 jun. 2018 8:28:57
"
Strudelnoodle escribió:

I might be putting words in his mouth, but I'm going to guess it's because he hasn't farmed up enough currency for one as he prioritised getting a 6-link Belly of the Beast first (which if I remember my PoB testing from my pre-6L/pre-statstick setup) offers a bigger DPS increase for slightly cheaper than a good statstick + Watcher's Eye combo.

"

Under Trees, the Might of the Meek version is the third option - "As an extremely strong budget Option, I recommend these trees" ...

"

As I speculated above, it's probably because he's farming/saving up for it, and because it's a pairing with a stat-stick - in the main guide's Endgame Gear section on the Watcher's Eye, he says "it lets us keep our Ele Conversion without Moonbender's Wing. This frees up our Offhand for a Shaped Statstick for a huge damage boost." Regarding placement of the Watcher's Eye with the Might of the Meek setup, on the image version of that setup in the main guide, you can see a Prismatic Jewel socketed in the middle-right of the tree (above the +1 Frenzy node).
"
Haasts escribió:
As I speculated above, it's probably because he's farming/saving up for it, and because it's a pairing with a stat-stick - in the main guide's Endgame Gear section on the Watcher's Eye, he says "it lets us keep our Ele Conversion without Moonbender's Wing. This frees up our Offhand for a Shaped Statstick for a huge damage boost."

Yep, it's as you say. Couldnt farm/play enough to make the Change yet, and its also not needed right now. Like I Said in my questions-answering Post earlier.

"
Haasts escribió:
there is a version (the image one) where there's pathing through the nodes above the jewel, as on the PoE Planner / PoE Website links, he paths through the way you suggest! I was really confused about where he was getting the 12 Int from as it wasn't on the suggested trees I was looking at. FWIW, the life regen won't help due to Vaal Pact, but OFC life/STR are always helpful. I might respec to the upper/INT path, though, as that might free up INT requirements from some jewellery ...

Yo, explained my thought process on that as Well in the other Post.
Tldr is that in SC I go the right way to get the INT and in HC the other way because we have enough int anyways and that one offer more Life and Strength for Kaoms Heart.
The Images and Links should be correct tho, I think. Double checked when I Put them in.

Again, thanks for helping out Here :) I think at this Point you probably know the First Post as Well as i die :P

On that Note: the Guide is really Long and as in depth as I could make it. Around half the question that get asked can be answered by Just checking there or in PoB. Didnt write and Format that for nothing, so Go check it thoroughly please :)

Also: ayyy, surpassed 50k views on the Thread. Cool to see so many people checking it out :D
Editado por útlima vez por Guffinn en 15 jun. 2018 8:24:38
"
On mobile right now, so expect some Typos. Also accidentally wrote answers to all questions and deleted them once already, so just editing in one after the other now to be sure.

"

No, that is obviously not supposed to be that way :P I never experienced anything similar and it also doesnt make sense in my Mind.
TB should offer way more upfront Damage and also more DPS in General than just Hypo.
Your Chance to Freeze and Freeze Duration should be the Same or maybe go up even, as Ice Bite offers more Cold Damage and increased Chance to Freeze. Makes no sense you would Freeze less reliabl. Maybe you just ran some Avoid Ailments Maps?
Also, If you want more reliable Freezes, you could go for Twin Terrors over maybe Fangs of Frost. Slightly less damage but more Crit. Cant check your Tree on mobile.

Hey, first thanks for replying. This is my first real season where I play from the start so I still feel like a noob, don't mind some maybe stupid questions incoming :).

I am already using Twin Terrors instead of Fangs of Frost (Meek setup btw), it just felt better/smoother to me. I'm at 29.55% crit chance at 3 attacks per second. I will run some more maps today to feel it out but it felt frustrating last night to spend 5ex and feel slower. Was considering swapping it for some Hypothermia helm with 30% ele damage which would cost 1-2 ex instead. But I'll try it out and see how it goes today.

Can you take a look when you're not on mobile tho, and see if something is wrong? And maybe advise me to fix some other mistake if you see it.

Also, maybe a noob question. Since using Might of the Meek gave me a lot of resistances I didn't plan to have originally and using all res jewels in Darkness Enthroned will give me a bunch more I won't need than many resistances on rings after all. I was considering using Mark of the Elder and good shaped ring setup because of it. It could in theory give us a ton of 'free' damage. Not sure yet how to run it in PoB, would like to know what you think about it.
Editado por útlima vez por SolloPoE en 15 jun. 2018 9:13:50

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional