[3.16] Devon's Shocking! Lawnmower | Pure Phys Crit-Cyclone | All content viable

"
DBFN_SLYWOLF escribió:
Hey Devon! I was wondering what if you went cyclone-melee phys-brutality- pulverize- infused channeling for a 5 link instead of fortify/impale

Impale is too strong to not take. If you're pure phys, take impale. Infused channeling is still currently bugged I believe, so you can replace that with impale. Cyclone-impale-fort-pulverize-brutality is the 5l that I used for the longest time, and am trying to find the right 6th support for it.
"
Archimtiros escribió:
"
devon752 escribió:
Also people yes the "Disemboweling" 5-node wheel is better than the "Rampart" 5-node wheel. And yes we will link FaS with maim most likely. I didn't update today because I'd like to test a level or two more and I'd like to simultaneously import my character into the PoB so you can have a realistic representation all at once. It will be updated within 24 hours most lilely. I'll change the Rampart-Disembowling thing, the maim link on FaS and import my char.
P.S. I still think molten shell is better fite me.

I think you misunderstand, you don't need to pick between Disemboweling and Rampart - you can (and IMO should) have both. Drop Graceful Assault, 10% chance on kill for 4s Onslaught simply isn't worth the points - Slayer already gets a lot of attack/movespeed and there are plenty of other sustainable sources of Onslaught.

Granted, there are a lot of ways to build, depending on whether you want more damage (2h/sword nodes), defense (Diamond Skin/Cloth & Chain/Steadfast/Hemato/Vaal Pact), or utility (Onslaught, Charging Offensive, Brinkmanship), all using virtually the same tree.

Honestly I'd have to disagree on this one. Even with a quicksilver with a sanic mod and the onslaught node and bane of legends this build feels a bit slow. Dropping onslaught will just make it worse and when comparing disemboweling (~9% more damage) with rampart (4% semi effective life) it's apparent who wins at least in my opinion. This build needs mobility, onslaught is a perfect pick and honestly at least right now I can't think of another source to get it.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
Editado por útlima vez por devon752 en 13 jun. 2019 2:57:58
"
devon752 escribió:

Honestly I'd have to disagree on this one. Even with a quicksilver with a sanic mod and the onslaught node and bane of legends this build feels a bit slow. Dropping onslaught will just make it worse and when comparing disemboweling (~9% more damage) with rampart (4% semi effective life) it's apparent who wins at least in my opinion. This build needs mobility, onslaught is a perfect pick and honestly at least right now I can't think of another source to get it.

I don't know why you think the build feels slow, it's a goddamn rocket ship as far as melee is concerned. Onslaught flask can easily cover that need on trash, and a 10% chance to proc for 4s is downright useless on bosses anyway.

If you still need more movespeed than Quicksilver and Onslaught flasks will cover, I prefer to just make a clear speed setup with stuff like Devotos, Bronns, etc, for the speed farm. I'm currently using a Death Rush ring, which while not the best unique in the game, has a solid stats all around as well as perma Onslaught while mapping - easy to swap out for bosses if the need should arise.

I'm not saying it's necessarily a bad pick, but it's an entirely personal one. IMO Rampart + Disemboweling should be the default, with players picking and choosing whether they want more defense/movespeed/charges/etc, but hey, it's your guide.
Editado por útlima vez por Archimtiros en 13 jun. 2019 6:15:34
"
moonbeast495 escribió:
"
devon752 escribió:
"
moonbeast495 escribió:
1)so i guess the author plays in sand stance. so that he doesn't link maim with flesh and stone.
2) if i refuse to play with totem, i guess i should use flesh and stone+pride+dread banner+maim+blood and stone with enlighten?
3) why does he use cwdt(9) + steelskin(14)? when we can use cwdt(20)+blood rage(20)+duration(20)+molten shell(20)?

I'm using Pride+FaS+dread banner+enlighten. And a separate blood and sand. I'll probably get to linking FaS with maim eventually just didn't find the time today (was streaming a lot and killing stuff, sry). I'll get to it tomorrow. I'll just swap sockets, BaS with FaS and use a 6S with a 4L totem and with 2L FaS+maim.
I need to be casting blood rage myself and not depending on something hitting me for 2-3k to procc it, I need the leech. Also no slots for all that if you use impresence. Also not really necessary linking all that with enlighten since you wont be spending mana anyway. Cyclone is free with the ring. Important is that you have "some" mana for leap slam. Use a vaal gem. Vaal haste or Vaal lightning trap and slap it there if you dont want the totem. (Typing on phone)

still why cwdt lvl 9 and molten lvl 14? you lose about half of effect of molten

I personally use vaal molten shell. cwdt 4 + molten shell 12

The normal molten shell procs on cwdt and its great so far. And for rip packs and panic mode i have a 6-8k vaal molten shell. And that is with really shitty armour.
somehow i kinda agree with the movement part, sometimes moving from packs to packs gets kinda slow and leap slam is not that fast due to the aspd we have
Editado por útlima vez por duabijitelur en 13 jun. 2019 6:46:12
"
duabijitelur escribió:
somehow i kinda agree with the movement part, sometimes moving from packs to packs gets kinda slow and leap slam is not that fast due to the aspd we have

4s of Onslaught on kill isn't going to change that though, it's inevitable anytime you end up not able to efficiently chain packs. That's what quicksilver flasks are for.

And again, if you want Onslaught there are plenty of better/more reliable ways to get it than investing 3-4 passive points for a 10% chance on kill.
Editado por útlima vez por Archimtiros en 13 jun. 2019 7:47:12
so what will be ideal cwdt-molten shell setup?(with levels)
IGN-Chatillion
which enchant better?
40% dmg or attack speed for cyclone?
Is pulverize pulling ahead of melee phys now?
Just entered maps still on a tabula, wondering if gem setup is still same on front page.
"
danis escribió:
which enchant better?
40% dmg or attack speed for cyclone?

Im guessing attackspeed because it ramps the impale quicker

Edit: then again, dmg makes the impale bigger :D
Editado por útlima vez por m0rd3cha1 en 13 jun. 2019 10:45:25

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional