[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

"
Scarletsword escribió:
I've just figured out something interesting. Aspects from beastcrafting are just added to the item as a suffix.

This allows me to add Aspect of the Spider to this build by using Enlighten level 4 and 4% reduced mana reservation from the tree.

Aspect of the Spider applies hinder for -30% MS on enemies. This stacks multiplicatively with chill. The second effect is 5% increased damage taken which is applied every second for up to 15%. This is also a more multiplier for our damage. This effect lasts for 6 seconds.

This could allow us to MAYBE use Fenumus' Shroud if res aren't an issue. An insane shaper Vaal Regalia with % attributes will still be better or probably even just a decent Vaal Regalia.

Small update and thoughts about the armour after running a couple of guardians:

I didn't notice the missing ES at all even with crazy map mods. The range increase isn't needed even without AoE nodes because the base range seems big enough. The damage increase is decent and strong specifically for bosses or maps with high elemental resistances.

It seems a bit niche and might be slightly difficult to setup since it requires the aspect but I prefer it over my 600ES Vaal Regalia even tho I had to replace an Opal Ring with fire damage to cap my resistances.

Cons: Fenumus' Shroud doesn't have a skin and Widowsilk Robes are ugly.

"
Kelvynn escribió:

5. One of the auras: AA or HoA. Taking reduced mana reservation nodes would cost at least 2 jewel sockets and a lot of Int (dropping ES nodes to lose even more ES sounds crazy). Enlighten lv 4 is expensive and would ruin the gem links because it would require Discipline - AA - HoA - Enlighten. Replacing one of the auras with Aspect of the Spider looks like the simpliest solution.

I went with the Enlighten 4 and one reservation node since I'm using 4 stat jewels instead of Fertile Minds next to Eldrith Battery and AoF to save points(no 30 dex nodes). I've also specced into Mana Flows and Deep Thoughts because of my Watcher's Eye with Clarity-effect.

Edit: Nvm, Nullification and Faith and Steel are the better option now indeed as they allows me to run double Opal Ring again.
Editado por útlima vez por Scarletsword en 28 mar. 2018 17:22:39
"
Scarletsword escribió:
Small update and thoughts about the armour after running a couple of guardians:

I didn't notice the missing ES at all even with crazy map mods. The range increase isn't needed even without AoE nodes because the base range seems big enough. The damage increase is decent and strong specifically for bosses or maps with high elemental resistances.

That's good. I tried it on a few maps already, and the range of the debuff seems to be about the same as the Inquisitor's free aura that shows rings under all enemies - it you can see it then it's debuffed.

"
I went with the Enlighten 4 and one reservation node since I'm using 4 stat jewels instead of Fertile Minds next to Eldrith Battery and AoF to save points(no 30 dex nodes). I've also specced into Mana Flows and Deep Thoughts because of my Watcher's Eye with Clarity-effect.

That part of your setup is too special and cannot be a part of the main build. Very few people will be able to do the same, especially early in a new league. I'm avoiding anything like that myself. The build has to work for everybody with a reasonable investment.

So for me it's mostly a question of replacing AA with Spider for most targets, with a couple of exceptions (e.g. Mino) when it may be better to sacrifice HoA instead.

I'm also thinking about Uber Elder: very dynamic fight with tons of cold damage and not much else. If this setup let's me tank the Shaper barrage... :)
"
Kelvynn escribió:

That part of your setup is too special and cannot be a part of the main build. Very few people will be able to do the same, especially early in a new league. I'm avoiding anything like that myself. The build has to work for everybody with a reasonable investment.

So for me it's mostly a question of replacing AA with Spider for most targets, with a couple of exceptions (e.g. Mino) when it may be better to sacrifice HoA instead.

I'm also thinking about Uber Elder: very dynamic fight with tons of cold damage and not much else. If this setup let's me tank the Shaper barrage... :)

Oh yeah, it's a completly stupid setup in my case and we don't even know how available the crafts will be in the future. But I like stupid more than overpowered and if I was able to somehow bring an idea to the table I'm more than happy.

Spider + Purity of Ice + Yugul + Sapphire Flask + Fortify should be enough to tank Shaper's fabulous balls, no?
Editado por útlima vez por Scarletsword en 28 mar. 2018 17:40:44
Tried the Shaper with PoI, Yugul, Spider and Sapphire. Nope, still can't tank the barrage. Even though he does less damage in the Uber Elder fight, it wasn't close enough to hope that it can be facetanked. Also, in the Uber Elder fight he teleports often and can be off screen and not debuffed by the spider webs. So it will still need to be dodged.

Of course, the Shaper is only a part of what's going on there. Spider may still be good for it. But testing it is rather expensive. I'll need to blow a few sets experimenting with it.
how about fenumus boots?
ES gain in hit also?
I went and played with the Uber Elder with the Fenumus setup.

It felt safer vs all the cold damage flying around, so the loss of 1.5k ES was fine. Things looked to die a little faster too. Then again, it may just be me getting more used to the fight and becoming more efficient.

I'm not very happy with the whole 'dodge everything' concept. I don't like playing like that. There are many builds much more suited for that play style. This one boss is currently a notable exception from the general approach used by this build. Of course, I've only done 2 kills so far. More practice is needed. The first Shaper kills weren't really good either.

One side note about the Fenumus thing not related to the Uber Elder: dropping Arctic Armour made me less safe against more things than I expected. Big physical and fire hits are used by quite a lot of enemies in high tier maps. Suddenly the two fire-based elder guards were able to hurt me. Dropping HoA and keeping AA looks like a safer option for mapping. Fenumus adds more than 13% damage, so it's still a bonus.

Or maybe it's worth looking into the mana reservation and try to get everything at the same time. Going to think about all of that.

"
pharaoh000 escribió:
how about fenumus boots?
ES gain in hit also?

No Int, low resists, low ES, slower speed... I doubt that it's worth a slightly more powerful debuff and some more ES gain on hit.

Upd: Swapped 1 jewel socket for Sovereignty to fit all 4 auras in, and now I'm loving it! 1 jewel worth of damage/ES is a totally acceptable price to keep all the defense and offense the build had. Now the trade off is simply 1.5k ES for Aspect of the Spider, but nothing can really hurt me to require that extra ES. Except the Uber Elder, but that's a different story.

Going to play with this setup for a bit to make sure I'm not missing anything. But I like it now.
Can I take slayer for overleech instead of inq? Do I lose much on offense part, Im playing on hc, just to be safer..
Im newb btw
"
n0th1nk escribió:
Can I take slayer for overleech instead of inq? Do I lose much on offense part, Im playing on hc, just to be safer..
Im newb btw

Slayer's overleech does not work with ES , it was answered before
is my character "ok" enough for endgame. what i need to buy ? i'm newbie

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional