[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

"
Hey guys, just started playing this build but i noticed that in your gear you don't have a corrupted staff. Is there any reason why? I see a staff that has 30% increased area of effect has a corruption. Is it just not worth it? or does the 18% block really help.

18% block is good, and 30% increased area of effect is actively bad. We don't want increased AOE because our impacts arrive per unit time, not per unit area. To increase the AOE means to spread the same amount of damage thinner over that area.

Decreased AOE would be better, but there are no good corrupts available for staffs.
Editado por útlima vez por NoImagination en 23 jul. 2018 4:15:17
"
18% block is good, and 30% increased area of effect is actively bad. We don't want increased AOE because our impacts arrive per unit time, not per unit area. To increase the AOE means to spread the same amount of damage thinner over that area.

Decreased AOE would be better, but there are no good corrupts available for staffs.

So the 18% block is better than let's say the added fire or cold you could get on it? also would faster projectile work? (sorry for last question probably stupid to ask)
Berserk is a good manga
"
"

So the 18% block is better than let's say the added fire or cold you could get on it? also would faster projectile work? (sorry for last question probably stupid to ask)

Added fire or cold are local modificator, which will not apply to icestorm. So yeah, those have no meaning whatsoever.

P.S. And yeah, there is no good corruption for staff, 90% of them plain useless and other ones several times worse than awesome 18% block.
"
NoImagination escribió:
I guess I've finished my character now, I'm not sure there're any upgrades left. To upgrade any armour is probably going to need a similar chestpiece except with a resist, and there's only one on the market, 80ex, tho with better ES & int too. 80ex would take a while to get.

I could upgrade amulet: A multimod onyx amulet would gain me 2.2% DPS and 1.5% ES, but I'd have to find ~10% all resists somewhere (double corrupt? different jewel? go back to the ring gamble?)

Getting to 100, if I were capable of it (I did ~125 haunted mansions to get to 97 and I really hated it by the end), isn't even really an upgrade. I could fix the all resists problem at 99, as I didn't take Nullification, but that's about it.

So now I just have the Challenges grind, if I can be bothered.

Anyone see any other upgrades I could take? Keep in mind I've gone with my leech from Watcher's Eye so I can get more move speed from boots. That means I need 6x 1% reserved jewels and Vitality.
Spoiler

For anyone interested: 12,466 spell cascade damage in hideout with no golems/skills/etc active except auras/herald, 72,712 damage per hit from POB, 10,797 ES and 2,366 int.

Now, that's some SERIOUS work! I like your crafting approach. Exalts used wisely. Somehow I never end up going that route, because early in a new league I just don't have the currency, and then I usually find sufficiently good rares on the market. But crafting items like yours shouldn't be too hard for anybody who starts late and already has a budget.

Regalia: 62% ES? If you have extra currency to spend now, may want to reroll that.

Amulet: how did you get that? Chaos spammed?

Flasks: no Basalt? IMO that would work better than Granite.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 23 jul. 2018 14:58:09
Hi at all

i am now on holiday and have only crappy laptop to play. so normal playing isnt that posible. Try to get the challenges specially the vaal this item.
Used 30 vaal and get only the ring thing.

how did you that challenge. Only chaos spam on whatever or are there good uniques or other items in each category to use the orbs on ?
"
ichbinwerichbi escribió:
the challenges specially the vaal this item.

how did you that challenge. Only chaos spam on whatever or are there good uniques or other items in each category to use the orbs on ?

'Corrupt Gear' challenge? Just vaal whatever random junk. There is a 1/4 chance to get an implicit mod. I find it hard to believe that you could fail 29/30 attempts.
"
Kelvynn escribió:
Now, that's some SERIOUS work! I like your crafting approach. Exalts used wisely. Somehow I never end up going that route, because early in a new league I just don't have the currency, and then I usually find sufficiently good rares on the market. But crafting items like yours shouldn't be too hard for anybody who starts late and already has a budget.

Thanks. The downside is that crafting is quite frustrating. I only had to put 5.5k alts in to get those three items, which I think is about the expected value, but that still takes a long time.

"
Kelvynn escribió:
Regalia: 62% ES? If you have extra currency to spend now, may want to reroll that.

I suspect it's expensive to divine to get a significant upgrade here, not least because 12% int is required each time. I'll calculate it when I get to work though.

"
Kelvynn escribió:
Amulet: how did you get that? Chaos spammed?

Bought that one, 3 or 4 ex I think, then rolled %ES a few times to get to 20. To get both shaper mods on a blue is about 1/10k I think. I put 6k alts into trying that myself on an onyx, hit one mod 55 times (from 866 of any shaper mod). I wanted to calculate my odds so was counting, but couldn't face putting in any more alts at the time. Even when you hit it, you often need to regal then annul anything bad away, so you lose the item 2/3 times.

You can multimod for #int, %ES & #ES and you get an upgrade over almost anything on the market. Someone actually has that exact item up for 20ex, presumably thinking the same thing, but it isn't selling after a month. It's worth it though, if we assume ~20k alts to hit the rare with only the two shaper mods. That's almost exactly 20ex right now, minus the time and frustration. If I somehow double corrupt for %int + #all resists on a Cyclopean or ring, I'd buy it.

"
Kelvynn escribió:
Flasks: no Basalt? IMO that would work better than Granite.

You're right: I was looking at Granite in isolation because I have no armour. But as I use flasks 1-2-3 at the same time and get armour from one of them, I get to 11k AR, 11k EV with Basalt vs. 7k AR, 11k EV with Granite. Downside is that I need 25% reduced charges used Basalt in order to get two uses from it, but spending 40c or whatever isn't a big deal at this stage.

Editado por útlima vez por NoImagination en 24 jul. 2018 4:07:38
"
Kelvynn escribió:

"
NoImagination escribió:
I suspect it's expensive to divine to get a significant upgrade here, not least because 12% int is required each time. I'll calculate it when I get to work though.

To roll this perfectly (%int, #ES, #hybrid, %ES) takes ~6k tries on average. It's only a gain of 28 ES though. If I want a 20 ES gain, it's ~300 tries on average, so about 30 ex. I think it's better to save and buy something anew.

I don't think it's more efficient to do this with 2 ex multimod each time: we can hold hybrid & %int constant at max rolls, but there are 266 combos of #/%ES and we only want 10 of them to gain 20 ES, so it's 27 tries.

Also, looking back at my last post, I don't really get why Basalt was better than Granite. Maybe I misread it or something, but I don't gain any armour from the other two flask slots, I just double it. Not sure what happened there, I'll double check tomorrow morning.
Editado por útlima vez por NoImagination en 24 jul. 2018 4:15:59
"
Kelvynn escribió:
"
ichbinwerichbi escribió:
the challenges specially the vaal this item.

'Corrupt Gear' challenge? Just vaal whatever random junk. There is a 1/4 chance to get an implicit mod. I find it hard to believe that you could fail 29/30 attempts.

Year I cant believe it myself. But so it was. I had 12 times white sockets (one time all 4 ) 14 times nothing and 3 times all mods changed and one time implizit changed.
rng is a bitch.
same with anuls. I tried 26 times to anule a chest, amulet a ring with on bad mod to multimod the item EVERYTIME it takes the int or es mod away. EVERYTIME so i give up.

on the other hand i got this amulet with chaos spam. So perhaps i used it all for that :-(
I guess I'm picking a fight for no reason, but there's a common thing in poker (I played for 3 years and spent 15 years in that industry). Some players just love exaggerating how unlucky they are because they want sympathy.

But this is a really bad approach for someone to take, because they only ever notice when they are unlucky and never notice when they are lucky, due to confirmation bias. That makes them play worse, and it makes them start to hate the game.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional