[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

hi from what i can tell the initial post hasnt been updated with the 'combustion' setup. Does anyone have a summary of how to do that, and is it worth it? I kinda lost it amongst all these pages.
If you have a 6L chest, it's almost certainly worth it as the 6th link.

If you want to do it with Orb of Storms as part of a 4L (flame dash, arcane surge, orb of storms, combustion), it's OK, you may as well. You gain some.

Here's my attempt to solve the problem of clearing things fast enough. If you get a bad incursion room on a high tier map, your full clear potential is inconsistent.

Kelvynn's answer was to go leech on boots, and add controlled destruction as 6s. This is quite possibly better than mine, but I'll try it out for a while and see.

I've gone lab 10% movement implicit, 35%MS boots, vitality instead of herald, and leech from Watcher's Eye instead. I took fire pen as my 6th socket. Once I get a 6L chest, I'll copy Kelvynn and take controlled destruction instead.

So in the end, I lose ~20% DPS from herald, and gain move speed. As we have so much fire pen, the DPS is still a big improvement on what we were using last server.
"
Graiaule escribió:
I should note that it is generally cheaper to just buy 6s WI staves or 6s chests than to try to socket them yourselves. Note that 210 jewelers is about 30 chaos.

@ichi -- sometimes it's worth just paying 120 chrom up front for 3r sockets and focus the jewelers on getting the 4th color (which I can typically do within ~200 jewelers at the worst.)

It's not "generally", but "at present time".
When i socketed my staff, there still wasn't so many of these at market. The cheapest one were 30c, and it was pitiful 10% intelligence. It was much better to buy random 18% int staff and socket it yourself.
Right now - sure, market is overflowed by those, and it's cheaper to buy it directly. It happens all the time in the league. But when you start to play at the start of the league, you don't want to wait couple of weeks before those times come.
"
rozakk escribió:
hi from what i can tell the initial post hasnt been updated with the 'combustion' setup. Does anyone have a summary of how to do that, and is it worth it? I kinda lost it amongst all these pages.

The thing is -19% fire resistance debuff applied by combustion works with any secondary setup too. So, you don't care how miniscule damage of your orb of storm or cwdt ball lightning. All that we care that they still have 50% chance to ignite, and as long as enemy is ignited by it - enemy will be debuffed on -19% fire res for all other incoming damage too.
"
Med1umentor escribió:

Yeh, I agree, particularly because jeweller:chaos ratio is so different at the start too.

"
Med1umentor escribió:
The thing is -19% fire resistance debuff applied by combustion works with any secondary setup too. So, you don't care how miniscule damage of your orb of storm or cwdt ball lightning.

It's way better on ball lightning because it hits lots of enemies reliably. Orb of storms is fine against bosses because we're standing on their feet, but it doesn't help with incursions etc because you are rarely close to anything.

So if you get the chance, having a 6L chest to add combustion to ball lightning ought to be a big improvement over taking it in a 4L with orb of storms.
"
NoImagination escribió:
"
Med1umentor escribió:

Yeh, I agree, particularly because jeweller:chaos ratio is so different at the start too.

"
Med1umentor escribió:
The thing is -19% fire resistance debuff applied by combustion works with any secondary setup too. So, you don't care how miniscule damage of your orb of storm or cwdt ball lightning.

It's way better on ball lightning because it hits lots of enemies reliably. Orb of storms is fine against bosses because we're standing on their feet, but it doesn't help with incursions etc because you are rarely close to anything.

So if you get the chance, having a 6L chest to add combustion to ball lightning ought to be a big improvement over taking it in a 4L with orb of storms.

Completely agree, but sadly, i don't have 6l chest. So, working with what i have. That's the exact reason why 6l is my next priority, despite the enourmous cost. QoL is really juicy.

Got this beauty, 1 more level and I should hit 10K ES.

hi guys looking for advice on increaseing my dps. my ints only 1600 (and 1480 when i switch from blacksun crest to my es helm). Anything i can do relatively cheaply to boost my char? starting to feel a bit sluggish in t7+ maps. i have quite abit of currency but trying to save up for a 5l/6l so i candoblind/combustion eventually. so trynig to not spend too much otherwise.

im currently lvl 84 and haventdone uberlab yet, will that help a lot?

edit - ignore the life flask, was using something forbleeding but i know i needto replace that
Editado por útlima vez por rozakk en 17 jun. 2018 1:56:56
Int is more important than ES. If you can get a 55 int helmet with 200 ES, you should prefer that to 35 int and 235 ES.

So from the ideal, I'd say you're 10 int short on body, 13 on amulet, 28 on boots and 26 on gloves. It should be cheapest to improve boots and gloves then.

That doesn't mean it'll be super easy to get upgrades. When you're into higher yellow maps it's MEANT to be fairly expensive. If I were you, I'd 6s/5l the chest and save for other upgrades.

6L comes much later - I haven't bothered with that yet for example. I only have 1904 int but I've already spent money on a 2-mod Eye, 35% MS self-crafted boots, corrupted Astramentis & corrupted Cyclopean Coil. Those are all bigger gains than 6L for this build.

You also have small gains from the belt and weapon. 1% improvements add up pretty quickly. I suspect this will be the case for your jewels too. Do you have Watcher's Eye yet? If not, that should be your #1 priority.

15% on Black Sun Crest is pretty nice. What happens if you put in a 55 int helmet? At some point you'll have enough int that getting ES on it is too valuable.

Quality on flasks helps a lot too. I rolled all of my own, though I imagine it's cheaper now to buy direct. I went with this:

Editado por útlima vez por NoImagination en 17 jun. 2018 2:48:01

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional