[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

Even fully geared out, still some one shots this league lol. I guess its just part of the game now.

the influence can really min max the heck out of this build now.

3-4th time ive played it now, just works so well.

thanks DankawSL
This is my first build ever and I really loved it, really very fun to play and could clear everything in the game, except hall of the grandmaster. This guide is amazing, very well organized and detailed, and really helped me understand the game.

Spoiler

Thank you DankawSL for writing and updating this incredible guide, will use this build again if i can in the future.

btw, saw that you wrote another guide, just wanted to ask how you think that build compares to this one? thank you again :D

"
RandomEvilEye escribió:
This is my first build ever and I really loved it, really very fun to play and could clear everything in the game, except hall of the grandmaster. This guide is amazing, very well organized and detailed, and really helped me understand the game.

Spoiler

Thank you DankawSL for writing and updating this incredible guide, will use this build again if i can in the future.

btw, saw that you wrote another guide, just wanted to ask how you think that build compares to this one? thank you again :D

How did you craft such a good amulet? Using aberrant fossils? I am having really bad luck with it.
Noticed that there's plenty of challenges i could easily do before the league ends. Few days later while playtesting my other build i already got all i possibly could. I also killed Sirus enough times that i grew somewhat comfortable fighting against him. Risk of death still exists but not nearly as high as before.

Today aired another Baeclast episode with GGG devs sharing lots of interesting stuff. What i'm a bit concerned about is Delirium scaling. As you probably know the further you go into the fog, the more delirious you become up to 100%. Apparently the scaling is similar to delve, but more focused on monster life rather than damage. Considering CA isn't known to be a boss killer build i'm afraid the damage output might be lacking. Heavier investment into damage might be necessary. At least defence wise the build should be covered

As for the cluster jewels, they seem to be stronger than i expected. 3 notables and 2 jewel sockets possible by spending total of 11-15 points? Sounds VERY good if you ask me. It won't be long before GGG shares all the notables with us, so i don't want to comment more about them. I'm excited to see what they've prepared.

"
Spoiler
Before you get Awakened Curse on Hit lvl 5 (it seems to be very expensive), should you use the gem at lower levels as well, as well as the non-awakened version before that... in the 6-link chest setup? I would assume so.

Awakened support gems are a stronger version of existing support gems. This one is no different and gives ability to bypass hexproof mod. At level 5 it grants ability to apply an extra curse, so until then you simply use Culling Strike instead of Enfeeble.

"
RandomEvilEye escribió:

Stronger single target, significantly less tanky and less QoL in general. Clear speed should be similar. It's overall strong, but more gear reliant and expensive. In current state (defensive wise) i wouldn't use it in HC unless you really know what you're doing. I'm about to update/polish that guide soon.

For me personally CA is still significantly more enjoyable. Nothing beats this level of smoothness.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Ok hi again, i have another question.
I've been trying builds and skills on Path of Building.
I copied your pastebin (such a great work)
and i realized that if we activate empower support instead of conc effect dps go higher than 1 million. That's not the surprise.

I tried to craft on the +3 Caustic arrow Maraketh bow, adding 3 crafters modifiers and +2 to lvl of socketed support gems, exactly as end game bow but with the +3 one.
The result is that with that craft adding +2 lvl, dps go 160k HIGHER than the end game bow. Am I doing something wrong?
What`s the point about this, i can`t understand.

Elder bow with those crafted mods + 1 to socketed gems + 35% doT multiplier + additional arrow, has less dps than that craft on +3 CA Bow????
"
Juanmacrack escribió:
Ok hi again, i have another question.
I've been trying builds and skills on Path of Building.
I copied your pastebin (such a great work)
and i realized that if we activate empower support instead of conc effect dps go higher than 1 million. That's not the surprise.

I tried to craft on the +3 Caustic arrow Maraketh bow, adding 3 crafters modifiers and +2 to lvl of socketed support gems, exactly as end game bow but with the +3 one.
The result is that with that craft adding +2 lvl, dps go 160k HIGHER than the end game bow. Am I doing something wrong?
What`s the point about this, i can`t understand.

Elder bow with those crafted mods + 1 to socketed gems + 35% doT multiplier + additional arrow, has less dps than that craft on +3 CA Bow????
Can you say what kind of bow are you comparing with what?

The typical question is +2 to bow gems vs +2 to support gems, which mods are exclusive with each other (don't try to craft +support gems on a bow that has +bow gems game won't let you). +2 to bow gems is a budget option when you don't have empower, +2 to support gems gives the same CA level when using empower and also buffs other supports which in 3.9 matters more due to awakened supports.

Now there are delve crafted bows that are better and have +1 to str / dex gems as a suffix but afaik these are very expensive to craft, I remember checking prices on faceted fossils at start of metamorph and oh boy they weren't encouraging. They're still at 1ex+ each.
Editado por útlima vez por Viktranka en 9 mar. 2020 6:55:19
Oh ok now I understand.
PoB lets you put any mod so I didn`t know u can't combine +2 socketed gems and +2 supp gems. Thanks for answering
"

How did you craft such a good amulet? Using aberrant fossils? I am having really bad luck with it.

Yea, I just kept spamming aberrant fossils and annulled to get just the mods i want. It takes a lot of tries though.
GGG released the list of all new notables available through cluster jewels. One thing to point out, notable's image showcases what stat they're associated with. You can copy image's url to find out what stat you want to increase your chances... or to find out all available ones before the league begins.

Based on all the teasers it seems the cluster jewel primary stat only increases the chances to roll associated notables. That means you could end up with let's say 3 life notables on big cluster jewel, but it's very unlikely.

It's also seems that maximum amount of notables is tied to jewel's size. For example i can't see there being more than 1 notable on small cluster jewels. It's likely 3/2/1 for big/medium/small clusters, but it's not confirmed by any means.

List of noteworthy cluster notables:
Spoiler
Chaos Damage:
Spoiler
Obviously. Definitely a large cluster jewel type and there's plenty notables to choose from. First three listed are great damage boost, especially the first one. Explode notable has potential, but 10% chance is too low to be reliable and it's on large jewel as well. Dark Ideation is potentially the strongest notable, but only really worth for MoM/spell builds. Touch of Cruelty too unreliable.

* Wicked Pall
35% increased Chaos Damage
20% increased Skill Effect Duration

* Unholy Grace
30% increased Chaos Damage
10% increased Attack and Cast Speed

* Unwaveringly Evil
30% increased Chaos Damage
Chaos Skills ignore interruption from Stuns

* Unspeakable Gifts
Enemies you Kill have a 10% chance to Explode, dealing a quarter of their maximum Life as Chaos Damage

* Touch of Cruelty
Chaos Skills have 10% chance to Hinder Enemies on Hit, with 30% reduced Movement Speed
Enemies Hindered by you take 10% increased Chaos Damage

* Dark Ideation
2% increased Chaos Damage per 100 maximum Mana, up to a maximum of 80%
Damage over Time:
Spoiler
Likely a large cluster jewel. It feels inferior to chaos damage one, but there's a reason to pick it up as well. It has extra defensive stats thrown in. 1% life on kill is extremely powerful during mapping. Especially true in no regen maps where it's hard to maintain full life for DoFL purposes. Other nodes are more or less self-explainatory.

* Flow of Life
24% increased Damage over Time
4% increased maximum Life
Regenerate 0.6% of Life per second

* Brush with Death
+10% to Damage over Time Multiplier
Recover 1% of Life on Kill
Recover 1% of Energy Shield on Kill

* Brewed for Potency
24% increased Damage over Time
10% increased Flask Charges gained
20% increased Life and Mana Recovery from Flasks

* Exposure Therapy
+10% to Damage over Time Multiplier
+30% Chaos Resistance against Damage Over Time

* Circling Oblivion
20% increased Damage over Time
20% increased Duration of Ailments on Enemies
15% increased Skill Effect Duration
Bow Damage:
Spoiler
It looks better than it is. There's only 2 decent notables and one isn't that big of a deal. There's high possibility the small passives grant #% increased bow damage which doesn't work with CA.

* Tempered Arrowheads
Bow Skills have +10% to Damage over Time Multiplier
Bow Skills have 20% increased Skill Effect Duration
10% increased Duration of Ailments inflicted while wielding a Bow

* Broadside
Bow Skills have 25% increased Area of Effect
#% Maximum Life:
Spoiler
Small cluster jewel for sure, teased on Delirium trailer. Anything with life is good. These 3 particular nodes are worth nothing tho. First one gives highest amount of life, second is great for extra flask recovery and last is just pure regen. There's more life nodes, but these are simply the best.

* Fettle
+20 to maximum Life
10% increased maximum Life

* Peak Vigour
8% increased maximum Life
30% increased Life Recovery from Flasks

* Surging Vitality
Regenerate 0.5% of Life per second
Every 5 seconds, Regenerate 10% of Life over one second
Evasion:
Spoiler
They're mostly weak as hell, these two are pretty good tho.
* Natural Vigour
30% increased Evasion Rating

* Prismatic Dance
30% increased Evasion Rating
+1% to all maximum Elemental Resistances
Armour:
Spoiler
Similar to Evasion and obviously, but there's that extra endurance charge generation. While you shouldn't get hit very often it might be strong in certain situations.

* Militarism
30% increased Armour

* Prismatic Carapace
30% increased Armour
+1% to all maximum Elemental Resistances

* Enduring Composure
30% increased Armour
Gain an Endurance Charge every second if you've been Hit Recently
Dodge Attacks:
Spoiler
Overall very weak notables with two exceptions. Ability to gain Elusive buff during mapping as non-crit build which works during combat is pretty strong. Elegant Form is more of a shoutout for other builds, since it makes it easier for some builds to achieve ele ailment immunity.

* No Witnesses
10% chance to gain Elusive on Kill
25% increased Elusive Effect

* Elegant Form
30% chance to Avoid Elemental Ailments
3% chance to Dodge Attack Hits
3% chance to Dodge Spell Hits
Chaos Resistance:
Spoiler
Extremely strong notables. Maximum chaos resistance is useful for Vaal legion keystone or for any low-life build. Antivenom while not very strong for many builds since Shakari pantheon exists, it allows some self-poison shenanigans with The Golden Rule. Other nootables are quite efficient as well.

* Born of Chaos
+3% to maximum Chaos Resistance

* Antivenom
+17% to Chaos Resistance
Unaffected by Poison

* Student of Decay
25% increased Damage over Time
+13% to Chaos Resistance

* Blessed
6% increased maximum Life
10% increased maximum Mana
+13% to Chaos Resistance

* Rot-Resistant
+13% to Chaos Resistance
Regenerate 1.2% of Life per second
Regenerate 0.6% of Energy Shield per second
Regenerate 0.3% of Mana per second
Totem Damage:
Spoiler
While the build doesn't use totems to deal damage i do consider using Toxic Rain totems in the future (PoE2). The three notables i listed are busted if you ask me. Extra ballista equals to 20% more damage in the worst case. Overall - super strong notables.

* Sleepless Sentries
20% increased Totem Damage
20% increased Totem Duration
Attack Skills have +1 to maximum number of Summoned Ballista Totems

* Ancestral Reach
25% increased Totem Damage
25% increased Totem Placement speed
25% increased Totem Placement range

* Ancestral Might
20% increased Totem Damage
30% increased Totem Duration
30% increased Totem Damage if you haven't Summoned a Totem in the past 2 seconds
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Editado por útlima vez por DankawSL en 10 mar. 2020 11:36:05
Worth mentioning from the patch notes.

Minor New Content and Features
"Caustic Arrow visual upgrade."

Fossil Crafting

Helmet: Nearby Enemies have -x% Chaos Resistance (now from Hunter's Influence)
Belt: Increased Chaos Damage (now from Hunter's Influence)
Editado por útlima vez por Tetrad en 11 mar. 2020 5:17:25

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional