[3.10] From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide

I'm a little confused.. Slayer nodes are based hugely around Two Handed damage but for this build you are using two claws. Can you explain why? Sorry if the answer is obvious I'm new to pob and builds in general
"
xbuzz escribió:

From there, you just need to keep upgrading, making sure your elemental resists are capped at 75, and try to increase your health. He gives really good advice in the guide, which is hitting home now as I tackle red maps.

You need as high health as you can because with evasion build and no armor, eventually big hits WILL get through and you need the hp pool to take them, so raising my hitpoints by stack life and strength on items really is my priority atm. DPS isn't really an issue I find, wasps nests are more than enough. I have one Scourge, it's really nice, but I would give up the scourge for 500+ more hitpoints at the moment!

Also I notice you don't have Point Blank yet, thats find, but for maps above tier 9-10 you'll start to need it as their hp goes up alot.

Hey thanks for responding! I was going to ask about Point Blank so thanks for pointing that out (and answering my question before I could ask it).

So with regards to upgrading from here, do you guys just pick a item to upgrade and then see what you can afford? I guess what I'm asking is, outside of big ticket items like The Scourge, how do you decide which item to upgrade next?
I'm fairly new too, but for me it went from leveling gear to preparing for mapping with each gear slot costing around 1-2c (good weapons, cap resists at 75, get over 5k health). From there I was able to map fairly easily and started getting more currency (use poetrade to sell anything 1alch+. , make sure to especially loot 6 socket items as you can sell that to vendor for 7 jewellers and that turns into alot of chaos).

After I had built up some currency (and notice my survivability decreasing on tier 9+ maps) I started replacing gear with 10-15c items etc, and it keeps going that way.

So it's a pretty fluid progression, you will know when you need to upgrade because you will start having problems clearing higher tier maps. Just make sure you're making currency (google what to loot etc if you're new and get a proper loot filter), then when you notice you need to upgrade, you'll have enough currency to do it.

Just want to thank you for this Awesome Build!! Its a Beast Mode Build for the Beast League :P
"
Aias_o_Telamonios escribió:

This is a guide to my Physical ST Slayer. It is a perfect league starter, can be used in SSF and scales to do all content in the game. It is a lot of fun to play as it is fast and tanky, has good clear speed and easily destroys all bosses.

The guide is very detailed and probably contains answers to all your questions so please read it first before asking. Don't just watch the videos and download the PoB. Actually read the guide. It WILL help.

Changes in 3.2 - This is a Buff

There have been a number of changes to the Slayer ascendancy in 3.2. In short the build has been buffed.

The good
========
The reshuffling of mods is not important. It might slightly affect our leveling progression but in the end we get the same properties.

No more physical reflect damage. This is a nice buff since most of our damage is physical. Elemental reflected damage is resisted so we only get 25% of it. In short you can forget about reflect.

We now do 30% increased damage while leeching (which is all the time). Slight buff but more damage is always nice to have.

The (slightly) bad
==================
No stun immunity. This isn't much of a problem since we get 7K+ life. Stuns should be pretty rare.

Pros

- Can easily do all content in the game
- Cheap, non meta gear
- Fast and fun to play, 0.5 sec Whirling Blades, easy to dodge boss slams
- 2-button build. We only use ST and WB, everything else is automated
- 7K life without Belly
- Huge leech
- Good clear speed
- Great boss killing ability
- Great league starter
- Suitable for SSF
- Easy to level, all skills available very early
- No required gear
- Not likely to get nerfed (no meta gear or mechanics)
- Spectral Wolves as decoys

Cons

- We have to switch a gem for clear/single target
- Not the current meta million DPS build

Question about this magnifique build : can we substitute regular gloves for Oskarm Nubuck gloves ?
(and enfeeble)

Editado por útlima vez por Sahga en 10 mar. 2018 8:00:10
so i just made this with the 30% quality beastcrafting

in PoB it has the same dps as a 385dps rare claw
Editado por útlima vez por swaggerino123 en 10 mar. 2018 16:21:33
Can someone have a look at my char.
I am level 33 and i am already stuck. I kinda deal 0 dmg and mobs take forever
"
MsOtherName escribió:

might wanna upgrade your mainhand claw, just do the recipies for increased physical blue weapons (rare rustic sash transmute and a weapon iirc ) until you can use one of the unique ones.
you could also get a prismweave , thousand ribbons , deidbell or some of the other good leveling uniques

it gets much better once you have greater multiple projectiles and a 4 link
"
MsOtherName escribió:

I hit a huge slowdown around the same level but eventually got through it! Basically... gems and new weapons was what fixed it for me.

At 34 you can equip the unique claw Mortem Morsu. I bought two for 1 alch each and it made a huge difference.

Get the gems Ancestral Protector and Herald of Ash now, and at level 34 you can also get Summon Ice Golem.

Be on the lookout for 4-link gear for Spectral Throw. Though it's not mentioned in the guide I've been using Faster Attacks as my 4th gem to good effect so far. And remember, Multiple Projectiles is for fast AOE killing - if you're going too slow on a boss you'll want to replace it with Slower Projectiles.
Editado por útlima vez por fuzziness en 10 mar. 2018 15:52:06
"
xbuzz escribió:
Is there any bosses (map or otherwise) that this build has problems with t10+?

This is the first time i've done any t10+ maps and bosses seem to actually need tactics now. I shouldn't expect to face-tank a lot of bosses right? I've found just using GMP alot of times is necessary, as range gives an advantage (or just swapping it with something other then SP).

Maybe it's just my hitpoints though, still sitting around 5.3k, but will start pushing it up now,

You should facetank most bosses because we're using slower projectiles so the range is small. You must of course dodge large hits like slams.

"
nluwbd escribió:
Hello!

Atm I'm playing your build. It was really fun to lvl with and you clear maps really quickly.
Still I do have a problem, I attack too fast for the mana leech to give me back my mana. I have soul raker and a jewel with 0,3% mana leech. With slower proj socketed, 3 frenzy charges, ancestral protector and the other dps stuff I have around 140.000 dps. At the moment The scourge is really expensive so I have two Wasp Nests (almost perfect stats). When I tried running normal atziri everything Went well until atziri, during her clone phase. I did not have enough dps or the mana leech was to slow to give me the full potential to clear the clones faster than the flameblast explosion (not a problem still killed her). Just asking if you ran into this problem and if then how did you fix it.

First time playing ST and i'm having a good time.

Mana leech gets better with more damage. Are you sure your projectiles were hitting the target. If your damage is ok your leech should be good. Anyway if you're having problems remove HoA for now.

"
Les_Larmes_du_Styx escribió:
Just hit lvl 90! Thank you very much for this build. Very smooth and powerful progression!

I'm glad you're enjoying it. Nice gear.

"
tempest420 escribió:
Thanks for the build guide Aias_o_Telamonios. I wanted to play Spectral Throw this league and found this and it's been great so far. I started mapping last night after buying a few 1c upgrades and it's been a breeze.

I'm pretty new to POE and was hoping that someone could be a bro and check out my gear and give me an idea of what to upgrade next.

I know my gloves should probably be swapped out for a pair that I can easily get the colors to make the Whirling Blades 4 link. Jewel slots on the passive tree are next on my agenda. But where do I go next? Try to get a cheapo corrupted 6 link and better jewelry maybe?

xbuzz gave you some good advice. Get more life on helmet, belt and jewellery. A 6L with high life is a worthwhile upgrade. If you don't have enough money don't get resists on that. Just life and get the res from your other gear.

"
chaosbaker escribió:
I'm a little confused.. Slayer nodes are based hugely around Two Handed damage but for this build you are using two claws. Can you explain why? Sorry if the answer is obvious I'm new to pob and builds in general

Claws and daggers are best for ST not two handed weapons. The nodes you're refering to are just minor damage increases, they're not huge at all.

"
Sahga escribió:

Question about this magnifique build : can we substitute regular gloves for Oskarm Nubuck gloves ?
(and enfeeble)

Sure you can use Oskram. You'll get crit and power charges. But the power charges are on kill so you won't get them on bosses that don't have minions.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Editado por útlima vez por Aias_o_Telamonios en 10 mar. 2018 16:16:54

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional