[3.3] The Swordmaster - Dual-wield crit Champion / Slayer - All Contents (updated June 5th)

"
Brown14 escribió:
Last time I check, elemental damage does not scale with phys but Chaos damage does, hence the Death's hand, if you want to bulk up your dps number, sure go on. Power charges was never a reason for using Death's hand since you have Assassin mark.

Mind explaining why
"30% of Physical Damage added as Chaos Damage"
scales with phys damage and
"30% of Physical Damage added as Fire/Cold/Lightning Damage"
does not?

This is a serious question
PN: Haegar_der_Schreckliche
because fire, cold, and lightning are elemental and chaos is not.
proof: "+% to all elemental resistances" (chaos is not elemental)
ofc they are elemental, but it does scale with phys damage.

I think what you want to say is that you run into ele res but not into chaos res?
"
DerPizzadieb escribió:
"
Brown14 escribió:
Last time I check, elemental damage does not scale with phys but Chaos damage does, hence the Death's hand, if you want to bulk up your dps number, sure go on. Power charges was never a reason for using Death's hand since you have Assassin mark.

Mind explaining why
"30% of Physical Damage added as Chaos Damage"
scales with phys damage and
"30% of Physical Damage added as Fire/Cold/Lightning Damage"
does not?

This is a serious question

No explaining needed, of course they both converted from your physical damage, the higher the phys, the higher the conversion. But chaos gets further boosted from our physical damage (this is considered double-dip, although dd is nerfed, the mechanic is the same). There's a reason passive phys nodes often come with chaos. If i have to choose between something that enemies have the least or most common resistance to, I would still go chaos.

I never said Death's hand was required, play what you like.
uhmm hello, it's me again. i just got this.
and planning to be an elemental dual wield crit slayer. what should I change assuming I followed your guide all through out??

--
as always, I thank you very much for this guide.
"
msedt03 escribió:
and planning to be an elemental dual wield crit slayer. what should I change assuming I followed your guide all through out??

--

I have 2 elemental versions of this build in store, unfortunately, BF one does not make use of your Doryani' catalyst. Im planning to write it down once I have free time, here's the brief:

You will need a Phys -> Lightning gem + either of the linked gear (prefer the off-hand) to reach 75%-80% phys to lightning dmg. 6L setup is a bit tricky since you need 3 blue sockets to get it right : BF - Phys to Lightning - Inc crit strikes - Elemental focus - WED - Melee phys.

More details coming soon
"
Brown14 escribió:

No explaining needed, of course they both converted from your physical damage, the higher the phys, the higher the conversion. But chaos gets further boosted from our physical damage (this is considered double-dip, although dd is nerfed, the mechanic is the same). There's a reason passive phys nodes often come with chaos. If i have to choose between something that enemies have the least or most common resistance to, I would still go chaos.

I never said Death's hand was required, play what you like.

Dont get mad at me, i just want to understand.

How can the 30% Chaos Damage be further boosted when 30% Elemental Damage wouldnt. They both rely on Physical Damage, it's basically the same only that chaos faces lower resistances and pierces shield.
I'm pretty sure that we can scrath the DD part but i also got some numbers showing the different DPS sources below:

I dumped that build with all my items into PoB and picked as target The Shaper which has 40 Elemental and 25 Chaos Resistances.

Death's Hand at Stage 1 Blade Flurry, Unholy Might checked.
278.121 DPS (834k DPS on Stage 6 Release)
2921 Bleed DPS
119 Ignite DPS
917 Poison DPS

Off hand with 40% Fire and Cold Damage gain, Unholy might unchecked.
339.143 DPS (1.017m DPS on Stage 6 Release)
2921 Bleed DPS
415 Ingite DPS
780 Poison DPS

Death's Hand seems to be a good and cheap damage offhand but it seems to me that if you have some ex to spend a shaped elemental off hand has more potential DPS to offer. In addition to that you could also get more usefull stuff like Crit Multi or Accuracy on those.

If i overlook something i'd like to excuse myself, but unboosted 30% Chaos damage vs 25% Res cannot compete with 80% Elemental damage vs 40% Res.
Again i just want to understand your reasons to still prefere death's hand, i just want to be more effective :)

Thanks for taking your time

Let's give it a try, hope it wasnt wasted money :D
Editado por útlima vez por DerPizzadieb en 8 ene. 2018 15:12:57
"
Brown14 escribió:
"
msedt03 escribió:

--

I have 2 elemental versions of this build in store, unfortunately, BF one does not make use of your Doryani' catalyst. Im planning to write it down once I have free time, here's the brief:

You will need a Phys -> Lightning gem + either of the linked gear (prefer the off-hand) to reach 75%-80% phys to lightning dmg. 6L setup is a bit tricky since you need 3 blue sockets to get it right : BF - Phys to Lightning - Inc crit strikes - Elemental focus - WED - Melee phys.

More details coming soon

what do you mean it does not make use of my doryani's catalyst? how?
thanks!!
"
msedt03 escribió:
"
Brown14 escribió:
"
msedt03 escribió:

--

More details coming soon

what do you mean it does not make use of my doryani's catalyst? how?
thanks!!

nevermind. i tried using PoB and it just showed me that DH as off-hand is stronger (effective DPS) with Unholy Might checked (and unchecked for DC). Though its avg damage is just (approx) 2k greater than when using DC as off-hand. Maybe the 32% increased elemental damage (implicit) and 93% increased elemental damage (explicit) is not applying to BF because it is a one-handed mace. Thus, making its use only the 40% global critical strike chance, 15% increased attack speed, and 0.2% of elemental damage leeched as life - which is still not enough to compensate for the power given by Unholy Might.

please do correct me if im wrong. thanks!

hello, again, sorry if i post replies too much but i just got this and tried to counter-check avg dmg and dps of fully buffed 1-stage BF (power 3/3, frenzy 3/3, onslaught) vs Death's Hand (same but with Unholy Might) and it turns out that this is stronger (+2,971.1 avg damage; +23,803.8 total DPS).

-
If it is stronger, then is there going to be some changes with my tree? or I better become a pure physical dual wield crit slayer that has an added fire damage (+herald of ash) ?

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional