[3.0] | Colwyn's AXE GANG | 350K Crit Sunder |

It was fun leveling the character and starters maps. Loving the charge and sunder combo. Do wish I can hop over terrain every now and then, so I put leap on an empty slot.

I'm level 74 and I feel like I'm stuck, having a hard time with "yellow map" bosses. And I feel like my damage is pretty bad sometimes. I still don't understand how crit works with the game.

I would love to get some advice on what I should be improving. Definitely need better flask (bleed, frozen, chill and all)

Should I get more crit on the tree 1st?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/doe3879/characters
"
doe3879 escribió:
It was fun leveling the character and starters maps. Loving the charge and sunder combo. Do wish I can hop over terrain every now and then, so I put leap on an empty slot.

I'm level 74 and I feel like I'm stuck, having a hard time with "yellow map" bosses. And I feel like my damage is pretty bad sometimes. I still don't understand how crit works with the game.

I would love to get some advice on what I should be improving. Definitely need better flask (bleed, frozen, chill and all)

Should I get more crit on the tree 1st?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/doe3879/characters

I will go into a little detail to assist others too.

you really want to focus on 4-5 stats
1) Accuracy:
for obvious reasons already covered until you have a decent amount , like your helm 300+ acc ok life and at least a chunk of res perfectly fine.

2) Pure physical damage
Base damage is important , like most melee our base damage primarily comes from our weapon dps

Your axe is currently its 207 physical damage, if you used a master and removed the added fire to put attack speed on it would do about 240 pdps, it may be easier to get a new one when you can and add them to your loot filter, one a little closer at least to 300pDPS shouldn't be crazy expensive

There are other ways to supplement base physical damage if we can not afford a better weapon.

Physical rolls are available on rare rings , amulets , also gloves but its generally better to get something like attack speed or accuracy on gloves.

Uniques: physical rolls are available, complete list:
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Physical_damage#Global_flat_added_physical_damage
Noteable mentions:
The Bringer of Rain
Abyssus
Great Old One's Ward
Meginord's Girdle
Ill chuck The Retch here too just because I love the duration on it

EDIT: I had actually been saving up currency not really looking for good deals , just picked up this; (going to assume its t3 t3 but may throw a couple divine if it stays in the league long enough)

Considering im sure it will be in standard in sooner rather than later , good enough

I dont have the currency or desire to multi this atm but it would be pretty decent with a multi mod.

If it did survive long enough for me to have that many spare ex i prob would why not.

3) Flasks
Some flasks add a heap of damage to melee builds:
Atziri's promise would give you 5k dps
Lions roar is about the dame 5k dps for you
Taste of hate adds over 7k dps , not cheap though

4) Crit chance
Its nice to try and have some crit chance on gear , diamond rings or uniques etc.
Its not critical to hit crit cap , once the base dps and accuracy are ok you should start to see crits happen more. We end up attacking several times per second even if 1/3 of these end up critting it should boost dps. Obviously our aim is to improve this when we can.

note you really want to run a diamond flask it would take you from 31% crit chance to 52% crit chance
bit over 3k more dps , we also have 40 multi on first hit and pob does not even show that.

5) Crit Multiplier
I dont have the time to go into detail on multi, but yeah multiplier is a big increase to dps , If I wanted to turn the dps up on this build id start getting crit multi on gear . This is a very last priority after you have the above 3 sorted.

couple random crit multi items:

--
But in general yeah you look like you are on the right track , accuracy > base physical damage > flasks > crit > multi
Whatever army I have, I'll lead against them...
...until I've won or I'm dead.
• Level 38 VS The World • https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1929461
• Crafting Service • https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2451155
Editado por útlima vez por colwyn en 12 ago. 2017 20:43:49
Thanks!!
Thank You for such an in-depth and informative reply.

Edit. follow up,
I bought new rings, amulet, and Axe with attack speed and physical damage.
And my damage practically DOUBLEd!!, I was too focus on resist cap that I ignore most other things.

Thank You.

Now if only I can get some yellow maps drop
Editado por útlima vez por doe3879 en 13 ago. 2017 12:24:53
ok so i'm playing you're build curently at level 68 and let me tell you something about youre build : I FREAKING LOVE IT
I took the life and mana leech node next to vitality void so I dont need mana leech on my jewels.
"
doe3879 escribió:
Thank You for such an in-depth and informative reply.

Edit. follow up,
I bought new rings, amulet, and Axe with attack speed and physical damage.
And my damage practically DOUBLEd!!, I was too focus on resist cap that I ignore most other things.

Thank You.

Now if only I can get some yellow maps drop

Good to hear dude , dont get me wrong this build does require a pretty good weapon and the accuracy to feel good. Thats why a lot of people go rt so they at least dont need to worry about accuracy , did some testing today even with
and only 85% chance to hit path of building is showing more damage without RT selected.

I was able to do mid tier yellow maps fine with that weapon, my tree is a bit stuffed up from testing some stuff and still its enough dps , the lack of attack speed makes shield charge feel really slow, i ran haste just to make it feel better.

Im in hc so im doing stuff a bit slower and differently from how i would recommend other people doing it.

As far as maps , just buy some with chisels , you should be able to get mid tier yellow maps for 1-2 chisels , cheaper than chaos and you dont really need to chisel low yellow maps so just buy enough to get you started.

I may update the tree slightly soon, ive been making a mace tree for the mace i found and have found a few things to squeeze some dps out of the build. Ive found a better way to path the build that picks up a bit more damage.

Btw , everyone pick up a
its a good starter neck and even if you have something better its super nice for lab\trials , and obviously unsocket bloodrage when you do lab so you have more life regen.

For hc I may try and keep it in the build everything on it is really nice to have in hc , and it has an ok chunk of physical damage , a rare or other unique neck would be better in sc tho
Whatever army I have, I'll lead against them...
...until I've won or I'm dead.
• Level 38 VS The World • https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1929461
• Crafting Service • https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2451155
Editado por útlima vez por colwyn en 13 ago. 2017 14:27:37
Hi this is a wonderful guide thank you for sharing it.
(noob question: i was wondering how do you still get mana with the 3 aura aint that 100% reserved?) ty in advance
Editado por útlima vez por dapako en 14 ago. 2017 6:26:02
"
colwyn escribió:

What kind of flask setup should I be using before I get any of the unique flasks?

"
dapako escribió:

there is an Enlighten gem linked with them that will reduce the reserved mana, its a rare drop though, but can be bought from Catarina or gained from Divination cards.
Editado por útlima vez por Yrzi en 14 ago. 2017 10:41:01
i see thank you very much
i was reading the gem only says 60% exp

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional