[3.4] HC RT Sunder Gladiator League Starter Build Guide

"
Ormoslormos escribió:
What kind of block rate this build aims at? I did a real quick mock-up in PoB and ended up with 23% before uberlab. Sounds low to me...

Would there be any point in sacrificing some dmg or life and aim for Blade Barrier? That path would give 7% more block %.

Not in my mind, compare the entire blade barrier wheel to aspect of the panther and weapon artistry, blade barrier doesn't even come close in terms of value. Most block nodes on the tree are horrible, we are picking up the few good ones and use them as a 'free' extra bit of defence rather than going out of our way to stack block, we layer it with other free forms of mitigation which leaves us with way more life and damage than a block oriented sunder would.
in your block calculation you're also disregarding painforged btw.
"
m0onknight escribió:
What kind of map tier would I expect to be able to run with this build? I'm assuming there are no gameplay videos?

That's entirely dependant on how much currency you want to invest, just to give you an idea though you can get up to yellow maps using the rustic sash recipe on a siege axe base and a 4-link. If you want to farm shaped strands you should get a 250 pDPS rare axe, the princess, a 5-link and a lion's roar. If you want to do t16 maps you should invest into the other gear listed in the guide and stack some flat phys.
"
sabotagge escribió:
What's your opinion on using Varunastra+Prismatic Eclipse?

I'm seeing a lot of people using that on the 2 weeks HC race.

It's a little slow hence why you see them using faster attacks in their sunder setup, it makes great use of two extra damage wheels on the tree however. The build is practically the same with Varunastra, it's a high damage unique and people like those for simplicity reasons. Definitely a good variant of the build, keep in mind though that you can probably achieve higher dps with a rare.
"
blah2k6 escribió:
I'm wondering if melee damage on full life is really the best option as a sixth link.

If I use WED instead, this allows the use of blood rage (can't be used with melee dmg on full life) and I end up with roughly the same damage (blood rage + WED compared to melee on full life without blood rage)

Playing this build on turmoil league at the moment and enjoy it a lot :)

I'm using a 4link ancestral warchief setup and play without arctic armour

Here my setup: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/blah2k6/characters?characterName=Getuemmel

You gain frenzy charges from outmatch and outlast so blood rage really only gives attack speed and leech and my leech needs are covered by vitality void. Also the main portion of damage from your sunder is still physical. PoB says WED leaves you with roughly 8k less dps(my setup). Also block, dodge and your ability to avoid projectiles makes it so you rarely get hit before you pop the pack. I could see it for some boss fights but in most cases even if you take a hit you should be able to pin bosses against a wall with lion's roar and leech back to full almost instantly. Concerning the warchief setup, you are dropping vaal grace and arctic armour in favour of what I consider a stat boost more than a direct source of damage leaving you with less mitigation, which is against the core idea of my build in layering all sorts of mitigation to come as close to being unkillable as possible as this is a HC approach.
That said if you're having success with your sunder variant that's great, as a HC player however I would rather stick to my defence heavy style of gladiator.
"
WorstSmitesEU escribió:
"
Ormoslormos escribió:
What kind of block rate this build aims at? I did a real quick mock-up in PoB and ended up with 23% before uberlab. Sounds low to me...

Would there be any point in sacrificing some dmg or life and aim for Blade Barrier? That path would give 7% more block %.

Not in my mind, compare the entire blade barrier wheel to aspect of the panther and weapon artistry, blade barrier doesn't even come close in terms of value. Most block nodes on the tree are horrible, we are picking up the few good ones and use them as a 'free' extra bit of defence rather than going out of our way to stack block, we layer it with other free forms of mitigation which leaves us with way more life and damage than a block oriented sunder would.

So what is point of dual wield and not shield?
"
NambrVan escribió:
"
WorstSmitesEU escribió:
"
Ormoslormos escribió:

So what is point of dual wield and not shield?

More damage, it's actually that simple. Because of GGG's inability to balance block properly pretty much all the dual wielding nodes are far superior in dps to their shield node counterparts. Dual wielding also enables us to use stat sticks in our off hand allowing for an even greater dps increase. You need to start thinking of block as a convenient little extra on already good dps nodes rather than an actual stat to go out of your way for. There is a total of five good nodes on the tree that have block on them, 2 of which are dual wield nodes, 2 are dual wield/shield hybrids and and only 1 is a pure shield node. I respec'd into all the decent shield stuff on the tree in PoB and equipped the surrender which is probably the best shield for melee builds and went from 123,6k dps to 70,5k. I don't think an additional 21% block is worth almost half of your dps.
I am new to this. How is sunder sustained? With so many auras mana seems to be a problem.
It will convert your forum titles into decorative square badges that use the space next to your forum posts more economically so that you can show off an unlimited number of them at any one time. - GGG, 2018 (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3573673)
"
Jerle escribió:
I am new to this. How is sunder sustained? With so many auras mana seems to be a problem.

You can pick up the hybrid leech node next to Vitality Void, later just have a mana leech roll on one of your gear pieces, one is more than enough.
"
WorstSmitesEU escribió:
"
Jerle escribió:

You can pick up the hybrid leech node next to Vitality Void, later just have a mana leech roll on one of your gear pieces, one is more than enough.

Ahh ic. Thanks!
It will convert your forum titles into decorative square badges that use the space next to your forum posts more economically so that you can show off an unlimited number of them at any one time. - GGG, 2018 (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3573673)
may do this as a 3.0 starter

biggest issue is I find Sunder extremely bland - but we'll see

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional