[3.4] The Mistress of Agony - Lowlife BlightDrain Ascendant / Occultist - ALL content viable!

"
hedpe666 escribió:
Alright so I am wondering which is the best way to go

1. I can buy a shavs 5link and a presence of chayua
2. I can buy a 6 link shav's with no empower 4 or chayua
3. I can buy a 5link shavs with an empower 4

thanks for the feedback

I'd probably go with a 6link and get an empower 3 instead of a 4. Might save you on currency for a bit. Presence of Chayula is pretty amazing, but the build is completely doable without it. You just miss out on probably 1-2k extra ES and that stun immunity. If you're okay with running around with 6-7k ES get the 6link shavs and some form of Empower 3+.

If not, then I would recommend you get a presence of Chayula and an Empower 3+. I ran around for quite a while with a 4link shavs and maps up to t12 were completely possible.

at the end of the day it comes down to preference.

Empower is where a decent amount of the DPS for this build comes from, so I find it pretty necessary.

Personally, I'd probably go for a 6link shavs and aim for an empower 3 and upgrade it later to a empower 4 after I get a chayula's presence. Any way that you look at it, its going to be costly, so just choose what you think is best. :)
Jkurs on twitch, come and join the action . :)
"
xerofite escribió:

Shavs is pretty mandatory. Also, having over 4k es when you hit maps is pretty important. If you aren't low life yet you will lose out on a big chunk of damage. I did t12's on a 4 link shavs. I had empower 3, controlled destruction, and efficacy with essence drain.

This build is really good when you have the appropriate gear, but if you don't I can definitely see how it could be VERY difficult to proceed into maps.

I would look at your profile to get a better feel as to what you could do to improve faster, but your characters are set to private.

Goodluck!

Thanks for the response. Yeah, I now see the problem since I barely hit 3k ES with my current gear, and that is the main reason I don't enable low life yet (I have it set up, however, character is too squishy to run around like that yet).
Is there any possibility to see your unbuffed dps of ED? Ofc I'm talking about fully geared and leveled character. Thanks in advance :)

Second thing, if you would have to remove 10 points from your passive tree (for a 90 lvl character), which points would you remove?
Editado por útlima vez por Xenhil en 17 ago. 2017 21:19:54
Two questions for this build.

1st: in 3.0 how fast can this kill bosses? from the video posted in this, it killed minotaur in 25~ seconds in 2.6, in 3.0 how fast can it kill minotaur now? Is it a viable boss "farmer" or is it just to slow for that now?

2nd: Is the witch or ascendant version better for boss killing?

To note i don't "farm" bosses, but i'll usually do shaper every 2~ days and a few t16s a day, if a build just takes to long to kill them/not inefficient than i tend to stay away
Editado por útlima vez por fubgun en 18 ago. 2017 2:01:56
"
Xenhil escribió:
Is there any possibility to see your unbuffed dps of ED? Ofc I'm talking about fully geared and leveled character. Thanks in advance :)

Second thing, if you would have to remove 10 points from your passive tree (for a 90 lvl character), which points would you remove?

This is with Arcane surge and flasks up. Without flasks the damage over time is 10k lower.

When I took this screenshot btw Efficacy support was still lvl 11 and 20q. When I take the gem to 20/20 I'll take another screenshot!

About the second question, it really depends on your gear. I always take all the ES nodes first, then I go for the DPS ones.

If you want to take some points out for a lower level character, I'd take the Growth & Decay wheel and the Alchemist cluster later. So, you have a lvl 93 char. The jewel socket next to Vaal pact can be taken last too, so if you remove that one you have a lvl 91 char. :)

If you feel your ES is already enough you can take Path of the Savant later. Foresight is an enormous ES boost, but the subsequent 4 points can be "delayed" if you lack DPS more than survivability.
"
fubgun escribió:

1st: in 3.0 how fast can this kill bosses? from the video posted in this, it killed minotaur in 25~ seconds in 2.6, in 3.0 how fast can it kill minotaur now? Is it a viable boss "farmer" or is it just to slow for that now?

To note i don't "farm" bosses, but i'll usually do shaper every 2~ days and a few t16s a day, if a build just takes to long to kill them/not inefficient than i tend to stay away

1st question: I'll take the kill times tonight. To make it short:

- In 2.6 the build was poison based, so Shaper, Minotaur, Atziri and Phoenix were probably faster than now (the Minotaur Video had Enfeeble in the map, and I didn't use all the Vaal Lightning Trap charges on purpose to make the people see the damage difference with and without it). But in 2.6 we were "forced" to spam ED on the target to maximize poison DPS, now we don't go poison anymore and this playstyle is useless. We just dot the boss and run around to avoid all the shit he throws at us, keeping wither totem up and casting Contagion 2 times every 8 seconds to keep the Arcane surge buff up. The single target DPS is lower without poison, but the playstyle is a LOT safer now.

- Chimera and Hydra are considerably faster than in 2.6 (they were poison immune). I killed a 41% more life Chimera (which is the slowest of all guardians due to add spawn phases) in about 2.5-3 minutes of fight. Chimera is also the easiest of the guardians if you don't fuck with the clouds phase.

- Atziri's health was substantially increased in 3.0, so the fight has to be slower than 2.6.

2nd question: the Ascendant version makes up for a smoother mapping (better mana regen, better evasion against mob packs, better cast speed and insane ES recovery during breaches and harbinger packs), the Witch Occultist version is better at endgame boss fights, where it has a slightly better DPS and an amazing survivability thanks to the Wicked Ward ascendancy node.
Editado por útlima vez por djnat en 18 ago. 2017 3:01:24
"
djnat escribió:
"
fubgun escribió:

1st question: I'll take the kill times tonight. To make it short:

- In 2.6 the build was poison based, so Shaper, Minotaur, Atziri and Phoenix were probably faster than now (the Minotaur Video had Enfeeble in the map, and I didn't use all the Vaal Lightning Trap charges on purpose to make the people see the damage difference with and without it). But in 2.6 we were "forced" to spam ED on the target to maximize poison DPS, now we don't go poison anymore and this playstyle is useless. We just dot the boss and run around to avoid all the shit he throws at us, keeping wither totem up and casting Contagion 2 times every 8 seconds to keep the Arcane surge buff up. The single target DPS is lower without poison, but the playstyle is a LOT safer now.

- Chimera and Hydra are considerably faster than in 2.6 (they were poison immune). I killed a 41% more life Chimera (which is the slowest of all guardians due to add spawn phases) in about 2.5-3 minutes of fight. Chimera is also the easiest of the guardians if you don't fuck with the clouds phase.

- Atziri's health was substantially increased in 3.0, so the fight has to be slower than 2.6.

2nd question: the Ascendant version makes up for a smoother mapping (better mana regen, better evasion against mob packs, better cast speed and insane ES recovery during breaches and harbinger packs), the Witch Occultist version is better at endgame boss fights, where it has a slightly better DPS and an amazing survivability thanks to the Wicked Ward ascendancy node.

Thanks for the answers and appreciate getting boss timers as well.

Well after looking at both of the PoB the witch version like you said was very slight more dps, so i'll probably go ascendant, i would say about 15%~ of the maps i do are usually t16, so if ascendant is so much better outside of bossing it seems to be the right choice.
I forgot to add a thing about the Witch Occultist: Profane Bloom.

That ascendancy node makes mobs randomly explode to do AOE chaos damage (based on a percentage of their life).

If mobs are killed by that explosion, the ED spreading by contagion may be interrupted, resulting in a clearspeed loss because you have to recast the ED + contagion combo again. This happens sometimes and it's a weird interaction, sadly, and it's another reason why Scion has a better speed clearing of the maps and especially breaches.
Guide updated as requested with the new Pantheon section!

Enjoy. :)
Editado por útlima vez por djnat en 18 ago. 2017 7:30:14
"
djnat escribió:
Guide updated as requested with the new Pantheon section!

Enjoy. :)

Did you add the boss timers as well or is that still being worked on?

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional