[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice EleRaider - Viable for Everything

"
Black_Gun escribió:
hmm, does any1 of you have experience with reducing the fps drops caused by the icestorms? like... does reducing the antialias mode or the texture quality help?

I was and i have a really good pc. I ''increased'' my graphic options and suddenly it became more stable. I still experience fps drops but not that much than before.

Shadow : High
AA : High
Texture Q: High
Texture Filtering : 16x
Post Processing : On
Screen Shake : Off

I turn off the VSync tho.

@Kelvynn you are right about golem. It wasnt enough to proc EO. So im back to Orb of Storms. I kinda starting to like it. Anyway here's my questions.

1-Below, my items.

Spoiler

My res: F:78-C:96-L:89 - ES:8k - Tooltip DPS: 6.7k

What do you suggest about my items. First to change etc?

2-Do you suggest +1 curse on Astramentis over Whispers of Doom? It means +5 skill point and its really good imo.

3-Do you suggest Skyforth? I like this build a lot. Probably will be my main and im ready to spend some currency but losing the boots means losing plenty of resist. Can we make it up on the tree? Skyforth means min. 6 skill point, probably more.
"
Asag escribió:
Is Fertile Mind worth using near the spell damage nodes at scion start? Theres like 1 dex node converted.

Two. And yes, it's very worth using. That one jewel gives you 44 Int. You can't get more from any other jewel in that socket. Try putting something else in there and see your ES and damage drop.

We don't use Fertile Minds/Brute Forces just for their Int, although that's already nice for this build, but we use them to convert non-Int nodes that we have to take on the way to other things. There is 1 Dex node between the two Fertile Minds and 1 Str node between the two Brute Forces that falls into the range of both jewels. Converting 10 Str or Dex into 20 Int is simply awesome.

"
Asag escribió:
Also wth happened to the Izaro's Turmoil jewels? Bough 1 loong time ago for 1 alch and now cheapest is 5c atm.

More people realized how good they are. :)

You can buy a 4-mod jewel for some exalts, or you can buy an average Izaro's for 10-20c and get almost the same bonus.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 27 mar. 2016 13:38:55
"
Drvi34 escribió:
"
Black_Gun escribió:
hmm, does any1 of you have experience with reducing the fps drops caused by the icestorms? like... does reducing the antialias mode or the texture quality help?

I was and i have a really good pc. I ''increased'' my graphic options and suddenly it became more stable. I still experience fps drops but not that much than before.

Shadow : High
AA : High
Texture Q: High
Texture Filtering : 16x
Post Processing : On
Screen Shake : Off

I turn off the VSync tho.

@Kelvynn you are right about golem. It wasnt enough to proc EO. So im back to Orb of Storms. I kinda starting to like it. Anyway here's my questions.

1-Below, my items.

Spoiler

My res: F:78-C:96-L:89 - ES:8k - Tooltip DPS: 6.7k

Ty for the settings!

I'd say upgrade the helm first, that slot can have 200 more base ES and 20 additional int...

"
Kelvynn escribió:
"
Asag escribió:
Is Fertile Mind worth using near the spell damage nodes at scion start? Theres like 1 dex node converted.

Two. And yes, it's very worth using. That one jewel gives you 44 Int. You can't get more from any other jewel in that socket. Try putting something else in there and see your ES and damage drop.

We don't use Fertile Minds/Brute Forces just for their Int, although that's already nice for this build, but we use them to convert non-Int nodes that we have to take on the way to other things. There is 1 Dex node between the two Fertile Minds and 1 Str node between the two Brute Forces that falls into the range of both jewels. Converting 10 Str or Dex into 20 Int is simply awesome.

hmm but what about jewels with 26 int and 15% increased fire/cold/area damage? that should be competitive with fertile mind/brute force solution in a slot where only 10 or 20 dex/str can be converted.
Editado por útlima vez por Black_Gun en 27 mar. 2016 15:09:05
"
Drvi34 escribió:

2-Do you suggest +1 curse on Astramentis over Whispers of Doom? It means +5 skill point and its really good imo.

3-Do you suggest Skyforth? I like this build a lot. Probably will be my main and im ready to spend some currency but losing the boots means losing plenty of resist. Can we make it up on the tree? Skyforth means min. 6 skill point, probably more.

1. Helm. You can get a whole lot more ES from that slot. Next, boots. 86 ES is too low.

2. Of course +1 Curse Astramentis would be great. But it would probably cost an arm and a leg. There are none for sale even in Standard. I don't include any items that are insanely expensive into this build.

3. Same as above. My most expensive item cost 4 ex. And I beat Twin Core with this gear. You most certainly don't need Skyforth. But if you happen to have one, you can replace Unwavering Stance with something else like Primal Spirit and/or more sockets. There isn't really anything big to get. Also, with Skyforth you will need to get resists from somewhere else.

"
Black_Gun escribió:
hmm but what about jewels with 26 int and 15% increased fire/cold/area damage? that should be competitive with fertile mind/brute force solution in a slot where only 10 or 20 dex/str can be converted.

1 Int is better than 1% Inc damage (it's slightly less damage but adds ES). So a jewel with 26 Int and 15% inc dmg will still be inferior to a 21 Int Fertile/Brute that converts 2 or more nodes (all of the ones we use do).

If you happen to have a 4-mod jewel with 26 Int and two inc damage mods - yeah, that's great. But you'd first want to replace Izaro's with those (that's 3-4 of them) before you get to the Fertiles/Brutes. And we are not considering the budgets that include multiple 4-mod jewels, +1 curse Astramentis or Skyforth. Too expensive and a total overkill. And not going to happen in a new league.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 28 mar. 2016 0:24:26
Here's my current gear:
Spoiler

The rare boots are the latest addition for some extra int and ES, despite having relatively low resistances, however my resists are capped (not so much in elemental weakness maps tho).

So far the build behaves great, I did take the -4% reduced mana reserved node near CI (didn't help Kraitlyn on normal, took the skill point just for that), I'm kinda more confortable with having around 200 mana, instead of 130, anyway probably gonna take that point out once my int gets a bit higher.

Also, at level 33 I went ahead and bought all the gems for the staff as low level with 10+ quality to help save some GCP's on the way, so if someone wants to try this build its definately something I'd recommend doing.

Additionally, the moment you hit level 70 I do highly recommend to go and buy a level 20 Discipline, the ES boost is insane, and the cost of a few chaos is nothing compared to time spent leveling the gem from level 18 to 20.

Another thing that could be worth changing is swapping 1 granite flask for 1 basalt flask, since the effects stack.

Tried running normal Atziri, ate her up without any issues (I admit, thinking that I could tank a double flameblast and trying it wasn't the smartest choice xD).
Editado por útlima vez por Palaryel en 28 mar. 2016 2:13:26
"
Palaryel escribió:
Tried running normal Atziri, ate her up without any issues (I admit, thinking that I could tank a double flameblast and trying it wasn't the smartest choice xD).

This is the single weak point of the build: you cannot survive the 'lethal' hits. You can outleech anything that doesn't 1-shot you. But Atziri's double Empowered Flameblast, or Uber's Empowered Flameblast/Stormcall even the single version, Vaal Smash, Palace Dom's Light of Divinity/Touch of God, T15 Daresso's special combos, Core Malachai's Teleport Slam - any of that will 1-shot you.

It's all good though, and you can and should avoid face tanking them. The only place where I didn't like my chances was Uber herself. Too random, too easy to fail to dodge.

Of course, in SC it doesn't really matter, you have 6 portals, just don't do Uber while you are trying to level. But in HC I wouldn't risk it. A lower DPS but tankier char with over-max resists would be a much more reliable Uber killer.
"
Kelvynn escribió:

3. Same as above. My most expensive item cost 4 ex. And I beat Twin Core with this gear. You most certainly don't need Skyforth. But if you happen to have one, you can replace Unwavering Stance with something else like Primal Spirit and/or more sockets. There isn't really anything big to get. Also, with Skyforth you will need to get resists from somewhere else.

When someone uses Skyforth, I think they could get the 2 Jewelsockets on the top left/right side of the Witch area alongside one of the +30STR/DEX nodes combined with Bruteforce Solution/Fertile Mind.

(Averages at 13,5 INT and 2% Mana or Elemental damage per node plus the additional % from your Rings)
"
Palaryel escribió:
Here's my current gear:
Spoiler

The rare boots are the latest addition for some extra int and ES, despite having relatively low resistances, however my resists are capped (not so much in elemental weakness maps tho).

So far the build behaves great, I did take the -4% reduced mana reserved node near CI (didn't help Kraitlyn on normal, took the skill point just for that), I'm kinda more confortable with having around 200 mana, instead of 130, anyway probably gonna take that point out once my int gets a bit higher.

Also, at level 33 I went ahead and bought all the gems for the staff as low level with 10+ quality to help save some GCP's on the way, so if someone wants to try this build its definately something I'd recommend doing.

Additionally, the moment you hit level 70 I do highly recommend to go and buy a level 20 Discipline, the ES boost is insane, and the cost of a few chaos is nothing compared to time spent leveling the gem from level 18 to 20.

Another thing that could be worth changing is swapping 1 granite flask for 1 basalt flask, since the effects stack.

very nice gear!
but seriously... 55% es on the rare boots...

btw if your res are that good, you might want to remove the crafted res on chest and gloves and replace it with crafted int. ;)

a general remark: I would strongly suggest to get "immune to silence" on one of the brute force or fertile mind jewels - they are dirt cheap, so some 20ish attempts are easily doable.
"
Black_Gun escribió:
a general remark: I would strongly suggest to get "immune to silence" on one of the brute force or fertile mind jewels - they are dirt cheap, so some 20ish attempts are easily doable.

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting to add that. I have one of those myself. Not like you meet that silencer tormented spirit often, but it's nice.
"
"
Kelvynn escribió:

When someone uses Skyforth, I think they could get the 2 Jewelsockets on the top left/right side of the Witch area alongside one of the +30STR/DEX nodes combined with Bruteforce Solution/Fertile Mind.

(Averages at 13,5 INT and 2% Mana or Elemental damage per node plus the additional % from your Rings)

We checked those out when Baalorlord got Skyforth. Turned out that Primal Spirit gave more than the socket near Might. Of course, Primal Spirit costs more nodes, but thos sockets cost 4 nodes each too.

And he had to use 4-mod jewels with resistances, in addition to helping Kraityn.

Basically, with Skyforth one budget increase leads to another budget increase, resulting in a totally unnecessary overkill. You achieve the same result, but at a much higher cost.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 28 mar. 2016 13:24:45

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional