[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice EleRaider - Viable for Everything

You could all consider using one or two silver flasks (Onslaught) instead of a full quicksilver bar. Castspeed from Onslaught would solve the rough feeling without FC and also gives movement speed. I am currently using a single silver flasks and it seems a great option, in particular for fast linear maps (like Kelvynn wrote at the ascendency choices, raider with onslaught is great for Gorge-all-day playstyle).
"
aRTy42 escribió:
Your Enchantment list in the starting post isn't correct, as far as I know. Enchantments are not picked totally random, the "tier" you get is bound to the lab difficulty. Furthermore, the list of enchantments was datamined when the league started and it seems like the mods labeled with "lvl 75" on several sites are in the game for later use, they are not available yet.

For helmets, the wiki lists 361 mods by the way, not 325, but I didn't doublecheck the whole thing for anomalies or errors, so I basically got no idea which number is correct. However, you obviously run merciless for the best enchantment tier, so the lottery boils down to 13 glove, 15 boot and 325/361/a ton of helmet enchantments.

The hightest variant for each ench needs be deleted from your list and your helmet chances adjusted.

Thank you! I see that the Wiki refined the enchantment list, added some more that they missed earlier and removed the lv 75 tier (the existence of which suggests that GGG is planning to add another difficulty!). That tier got me confused into thinking that you can randomly get any tier in Merciless, just like you can get any tier of the equipment mods up to the item level. Now it makes more sense.

I corrected the Gear - Enchantment section.

Ironically, after removing the lv 75 tier, the estimated chance of getting something good became lower.

"
aRTy42 escribió:
By the way, I tried the other pathing I suggested and like it very much. I lack the comparison obviously and it made me favour resistances a bit more than extremely high ES for my rares, but still, I'm happy I went for it.

You mean the pathing to US via the Marauder space? Are you playing as a Witch? At what levels did you take that route to get US?
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 6 abr. 2016 13:55:08
"
werchiel escribió:
I believe that you should either go with FC from the start or don't touch it at all. I swapped FC for Item Rarity since I just steamroll through maps anyways and it is a pain to get used to it. But I already noticed that it is less and less of a hassle as time passes so I will probably reach my comfort zone again.

Exactly! I started my WI Scion as a poor man's version of Baalorlord's build. After deciding to deviate and go with the AoE nodes and perma-CE I remember it took me probably a week to get used to the slower casting without FC and develop a proper rhythm. But it was totally worth it and I absolutely recommend it. FC is only needed until lv 38 when you replace it with Spell Echo.

And I just don't have a slot for FC anyway because I enjoy MF'ing high tier maps and the top bosses. With Item Rarity and Item Quantity the drops in T13-15 maps are awesome.

"
On one hand I do agree. On another however - it should be noted that some bosses cannot be hadndled like that. I mention it since this is my first character that I got to a high level (or so I would say) and using Icestorm allows you to facetanks 90% of the stuff you encounter. But then you go against Trio or Atziri and you realize facetanking is not an option. So I think it would actually be a useful thing to add for new players - not to take facetanking for granted as this is a mistake I made and I'm speaking from a perspective of someone who was completely green before. Most people will probably be aware of that if they played another build before but as your first one - building awareness matters.
Also - instead of taking increased duration for Enfeeble I took increased radius. I figured that anything that gets enfeebled will die anyway before the duration is over (save for beefy bosses) so I may as well cover a wider area. Not sure if it's a good thing overall but I haven't faced a problem so far and it is working out - I will have to see if the increased duration would make any difference on Uber.

Well, the guide means steamrolling the storyline content while leveling. You can facetank everything including bosses except Daresso and Malachai, plus you need to move away from Dominus' Touch/Light and A4 Piety's Ball/Beam things. Everything else on your way through the acts you can faceroll. Bosses reduce the effectiveness of curses by 60%, so you leech less from them. But you still leech faster than they can hurt you, except the ones mentioned above.

And after graduating into the maps, you can faceroll things depending on your gear. Trio? Sure you can. You can see me facerolling 2x Trio in Vaal Temple in the video. Uber Trio you can facetank part time (don't stand in the black stuff, in the spike rain and don't facetank the fire guy when he's on fire).

This build can't survive the things that are meant to 1-shot you: Uber's Empowered Flameblast/Storm Call, Vaal Smash, Malachai's Teleport Slam, Dom's Touch of God/Light of Divinity, Daresso's two special combos. Those things you must always dodge.

I'll add some notes to the guide.

"
Also - instead of taking increased duration for Enfeeble I took increased radius. I figured that anything that gets enfeebled will die anyway before the duration is over (save for beefy bosses) so I may as well cover a wider area. Not sure if it's a good thing overall but I haven't faced a problem so far and it is working out - I will have to see if the increased duration would make any difference on Uber.

Inc AoE for Enfeeble means no Inc Duration for IC. Hmm... I doubt that it's safer. Those long IC's are very nice.

"
I feel ya. But still - 1 quicksilver allows me to have around 75% uptime on it (not counting casting) so with 2 it should be a 100% uptime. That's why I would rather have one damage flask for tankier bosses purpose especially since I don't lose anything as like I mentioned I already have a high uptime. I'm still getting used to playing without FC so maybe my feelings will change in time.

Absolutely! You can use more flasks if you are Ok with more activity and can pay enough attention. I'm not a fast fingers type, you can see that all my moves are very calculated and deliberate (and slow in some people's eyes). The same goes for the flasks. After using Qucksilvers for a while, I have a sense of rhythm with them and can pop them as they expire without too much overlap or lapses. And I try to anticipate when I'm going to get bled, ignited or shocked and pop flasks for those things since they are dangerous. Overall, my play style is low APS and works for the 'less skilled' players like me :) I know there are lots of much better players out there who can pay more attention and use more flasks. Sky is the limit!
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 6 abr. 2016 16:43:29
"
Kelvynn escribió:

"
aRTy42 escribió:
By the way, I tried the other pathing I suggested and like it very much. I lack the comparison obviously and it made me favour resistances a bit more than extremely high ES for my rares, but still, I'm happy I went for it.

You mean the pathing to US via the Marauder space? Are you playing as a Witch? At what levels did you take that route to get US?

Nope, Scion. I had a Witch before but started a Scion for the better ascendency options.

Level 83 now, this is my current tree. Left out the two points at Nullification, since my resists are 95/85/75 and thus enough without ele weakness, though only just, and I didnt go for the extra curse yet because I mostly play with two friends so curse choices from multiple builds collide, and another one already brings warlords mark.

I started following your guide, including the 9 nodes below Scion (to Sentinel and Effect Duration, not picking the jewel slot). I picked Kraityn's 10% res in normal though, because I already thought about trying the different US pathing. Continued like you suggested until Coldhearted Calculation/Nullification, of which I didnt pick the latter, took the whole Faith and Steel/Elementalist/Amplify stuff at Templar, and then headed to the mid: Jewel slot, Duration nodes (so using both duration clusters for a few levels), Shaper, Jewel slot, until right before the corner 10 str node next to Ancestral Knowledge. Then I respecced the 9 nodes below Scion to reach Unwavering Stance at level 80. Got to the bottom left jewel slot at lvl 82, converting all the useless strength nodes I had for those two levels, granting me whooping 84 int. Just now took Ancestral Knowledge at lvl 83.

Not sure yet whether I'm going for Nullification now or one of the 2-points-away jewel slots (templar/witch).
Editado por útlima vez por aRTy42 en 6 abr. 2016 15:30:00
"
aRTy42 escribió:
"
Kelvynn escribió:

"
aRTy42 escribió:

Nope, Scion. I had a Witch before but started a Scion for the better ascendency options.

Level 83 now, this is my current tree. Left out the two points at Nullification, since my resists are 95/85/75 and thus enough without ele weakness, though only just, and I didnt go for the extra curse yet because I mostly play with two friends so curse choices from multiple builds collide, and another one already brings warlords mark.

I started following your guide, including the 9 nodes below Scion (to Sentinel and Effect Duration, not picking the jewel slot). I picked Kraityn's 10% res in normal though, because I already thought about trying the different US pathing. Continued like you suggested until Coldhearted Calculation/Nullification, of which I didnt pick the latter, took the whole Faith and Steel/Elementalist/Amplify stuff at Templar, and then headed to the mid: Jewel slot, Duration nodes (so using both duration clusters for a few levels), Shaper, Jewel slot, until right before the corner 10 str node next to Ancestral Knowledge. Then I respecced the 9 nodes below Scion to reach Unwavering Stance at level 80. Got to the bottom left jewel slot at lvl 82, converting all the useless strength nodes I had for those two levels, granting me whooping 84 int. Just now took Ancestral Knowledge at lvl 83.

Not sure yet whether I'm going for Nullification now or one of the 2-points-away jewel slots (templar/witch).

So you are 28 all res short, plus a little less ES and no 2nd curse. If you are playing in a party that provides the curse - that's fine. But how are you covering for the lack of resists? Lower ES/Int items to get them? Jewels?
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 6 abr. 2016 16:51:16
Hey man, thanks a lot for the guide. Loving the build so far.

Currently at lvl 90, sitting at just over 12k es, and 1800 int.

I was wondering if the 13k damage screenshot in your stats is with or without elemental overload active, since I'm nowhere near that number without it.

I changed just 2 things around compared to your build:
- Lightning warp + faster casting instead of flame dash.....I can't stand the short range of Flame Dash :-)
- I linked Flame golem to a low lvl CWDT, so he's always up, and saves me the hassle of casting him. He just dies too fast in higher map content.

Thanks for the awesome build!
"
Kelvynn escribió:

So you are 28 all res short, plus a little less ES and no 2nd curse. If you are playing in a party that provides the curse - that's fine. But how are you covering for the lack of resists? Lower ES/Int items to get them? Jewels?

Rares are a bit more focussed on resists + int than perfectly high ES.

For jewels just the usual str/dex to int conversion ones and two Izaro's Turmoil.
Editado por útlima vez por aRTy42 en 6 abr. 2016 18:20:44
"
aRTy42 escribió:
"
Kelvynn escribió:

Rares are a bit more focussed on resists + int than perfectly high ES.

For jewels just the usual str/dex to int conversion ones and two Izaro's Turmoil.

I see. Rainbowstride and more resists/less ES on other stuff. And what's your ES with all that? Are you comfortable in high tier maps like this?
"
Fritso escribió:
Hey man, thanks a lot for the guide. Loving the build so far.

Currently at lvl 90, sitting at just over 12k es, and 1800 int.

Nice. That's better than my gear, and I'm 6 levels (2 major upgrades) higher than you.

"
Fritso escribió:
I was wondering if the 13k damage screenshot in your stats is with or without elemental overload active, since I'm nowhere near that number without it.

It's with just the Flame Golem. With EO active I'm pushing 19k avg hit. With RC and Sulphur flask on top of that (i.e. the Core Malachai/Uber Atziri situation) - something around 22-24k depending on how many adds get hit by RC.

I'll add a note ot the Stats section.

At lv 90 you are still to get 2 jewel sockets (Izaro's). That's quite a bit of DPS.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 6 abr. 2016 19:01:26
"
Kelvynn escribió:

I see. Rainbowstride and more resists/less ES on other stuff. And what's your ES with all that? Are you comfortable in high tier maps like this?

Roughly 8k ES. Only 2% Perandus Signets due to Perandus League, not Standard. Didn't play very high tier maps yet with this char, but a few tier 8/9 maps I did already were completely fine. Like I mentioned I just reached that point today, so getting a proper impression of high(er) tier maps and mod combinations is something for the next days.
Editado por útlima vez por aRTy42 en 6 abr. 2016 19:17:43

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional