THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: off to the Marauder forum

I fellow dischargers!

I was wondering how do you handle Discharge visual effects on bosses where you actually have to avoid something (Palace Dominus, Vaal Conservatory and Voll Wasteland) ?

Personally, I don't see the bosses when I'm discharging because the effects are bigger than the boss, therefore it's almost impossible to see when to leave and even when I see it by chance, the lag is slowing me down. Generally, I simply avoid them, but it pisses me off to have to avoid them on such strong build.

My stream: https://www.twitch.tv/m_bison__
You dont. No leaving. Ever. Just smashing theyr faces with ur hammer. If you die build is not "there" yet so die with honor. Make your ancestors proud.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
"
wichtounet escribió:
I fellow dischargers!

I was wondering how do you handle Discharge visual effects on bosses where you actually have to avoid something (Palace Dominus, Vaal Conservatory and Voll Wasteland) ?

Personally, I don't see the bosses when I'm discharging because the effects are bigger than the boss, therefore it's almost impossible to see when to leave and even when I see it by chance, the lag is slowing me down. Generally, I simply avoid them, but it pisses me off to have to avoid them on such strong build.

Normally I can facetank my way through Palace and Wasteland bosses with flasking, so i dont really worry about avoidance. For Shadow of the Vaal, I tend to attack in small intervals so to not over commit. If you cant kill the boss in wasteland of palace fast enough, just practicing attack in intervals. Leap/run in, attack a short while, then leap/run out and dodge around. This general strategy will help you survive, and it is a necessary skill to master if you even dream of killing Uber Atziri without dying.

All the killer moves like the various slam moves all have charge-up animations that you can observe.It is possible to notice some of these animations even during discharge spam, albeit it is still annoying.

If you feel that you cannot visually identify the killer attack animation due to discharge or etc, you can also try to listen for audio triggers. E.g. the "winding up" sound before a vaal slam. Albeit sound prompts can also be difficult to hear with discharge spam (try adjusting/playing around with yr sound).
I just simply remove cwdt when fight with those boss and manually use ic.
Looks sick I am starting a new Scion to do this.
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
"
wichtounet escribió:
I fellow dischargers!

I kill Palace Dominus (first form) and Voll Wasteland with Lightning Strike // Arc from a distance - it takes a while but is 100% safe. I leap slam into Vaal Oversoul, molten strike for a second or so, then leap slam out, repeat. Core Malachai is large enough to see his slam coming even through the discharge.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Anxious to see 2.3 tree changes, wondering how many points we can free up jumping to another class start.
"
Used_As_A_Shield escribió:
Anxious to see 2.3 tree changes, wondering how many points we can free up jumping to another class start.

I don't really see how we save any. To me going for another class start doesn't seem beneficial.
Almost all of the desirable passive points for this build are around the edge of the tree; I have not seen amy way for it to make sense to take a second starting area.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Thanks for your answers :)

"
iSo1iD escribió:
Normally I can facetank my way through Palace and Wasteland bosses with flasking, so i dont really worry about avoidance. For Shadow of the Vaal, I tend to attack in small intervals so to not over commit. If you cant kill the boss in wasteland of palace fast enough, just practicing attack in intervals. Leap/run in, attack a short while, then leap/run out and dodge around. This general strategy will help you survive, and it is a necessary skill to master if you even dream of killing Uber Atziri without dying.

All the killer moves like the various slam moves all have charge-up animations that you can observe.It is possible to notice some of these animations even during discharge spam, albeit it is still annoying.

It's been a while since I've tried to facetank them, I'll give it a try again once I reach the next level, maybe I can take them down this way now. Otherwise, I'll try burst attacks.

Can you facetank them on maps with vulnerability or extra damage ?

"
iSo1iD escribió:
If you feel that you cannot visually identify the killer attack animation due to discharge or etc, you can also try to listen for audio triggers. E.g. the "winding up" sound before a vaal slam. Albeit sound prompts can also be difficult to hear with discharge spam (try adjusting/playing around with yr sound).

Never thought of that since I play without the sound game effects. I shall try it.

"
tackle70 escribió:
I kill Palace Dominus (first form) and Voll Wasteland with Lightning Strike // Arc from a distance - it takes a while but is 100% safe. I leap slam into Vaal Oversoul, molten strike for a second or so, then leap slam out, repeat. Core Malachai is large enough to see his slam coming even through the discharge.

I really don't like doing that :( It feels like a poor version of the build, I'd rather skip them actually.
My stream: https://www.twitch.tv/m_bison__

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional