[2.1] Dbum's Blade Vortex SuperTank [Block, MoM, EB, GR, Cybil's] HC Viable **Video Added**

"
fioreskater22 escribió:
hey thanks also curious is blood rage a must? that's just for more dps right? that damage per hit u take scares me or is that not something I should worry about?

No its not a must but it does give us frenzy charges which is - 4% cast speed and 4% increased damage per frenzy charge so it is nice.

"
shdowe escribió:
As someone playing only with currency drops I find to buy things what body armour should I be aiming for as a "budget" non tabula

My Gear so far:
Spoiler

Your gear looks really good. I personally thing Carcass Jack is BiS for this build, we get es, ev, life, res, and 12% inc area but dont have one on Tal HC yet so if I rip I'll test with my 6l one on std.

"
Alex_Lied escribió:
@Dbum, you really need to include some mechanic explanation for this build. Something like 1/3 of the people here ask things which should be obvious if they know how cybil works or how our keystones interact etc.

Cheers,
Abe

Will do, I will do that before playing tonight.

"
d3sden0va escribió:
155 dex for Level 20 Vortex is a pain. Also I finally bothered to calculate my DPS. I'm sitting at 500-ish per blade with Tempest Shield and 3 Frenzies up, coming out to ~50k DPS, and .14 cast time (7 seconds to max blades). This is with 18/0 CD and 18/0 BV, so I'm actually expecting to get decently close to my peak incinerate DPS with a similar level of gems, plus better flask scaling.

@dbum I'd suggest throwing in a Vaal Haste somewhere, it's super good in this build, and the duration nodes are super nice for it.

Leveling BVs is a pain, but I hope to have a level 20 one to test with soon, and hoping to get some with 20% quality ASAP. Controlled Destruction is a huge overperformer as well, and I'd love to get it to 20/20 at least. I think that at a similar level of optimization

I agree the dex is a pain, I have some nice dex on my gear to help out.

Very nice DPS, I havnt calculated mine because I'm lazy hah!

I will test out Vaal Haste at some point, I agree it will be amazing.

"
fioreskater22 escribió:
I never used bloodrage so not sure how it works is it just a cast skill I see op uses it with ball of lightening and cwdt is that a good setup?

I use bloodrage on cwdt cuz I am lazy and watching out for bad affix mobs and deadly shit being on HC than worrying about tempest shield and bloodrage.

And ball lightning is only for a tad bit of extra healing from Cybil's Paw.

"
Drakeboy escribió:
Sorry for asking it but why did you grab path of warrior when it gives physical damage, but vortex is a spell ?
And why not grab the second increased duration cluster ?

You get 12% physical damage, it doesnt say melee, bow, or spell so it works for all 3 if you are using a physical ability.

I dont need the other inc duration cluster. I tested quickly on standard and if we swap faster cast for inc duration gem we still hit close to 50. I am thinking about using empower or added fire instead of inc duration when I get a 6l and add faster casting.

~Dbum~
IGN @Dbum
Editado por útlima vez por dbum en 16 dic. 2015 21:49:35
upgraded my gear waiting to get 4 more levels then spec into mom eb and gr only issue I have is I'm only siting at 988 es :/ I don't kno what else to change out to raise my es to 1500+ like you I guess I can switch out my rings and get ones with es on it but I dunno if that will bump me up 600 es points
tried looking for a shield with a lot of es on it but none for sale

just realized I don't have room for 1 of my skills I might just take out the cwdt+ enfeedble and self cast it lol then ill have room to put in hoa and enduring cry
Editado por útlima vez por fioreskater22 en 16 dic. 2015 20:55:54
Been doing something similar with a slightly different tree. Basically the only difference is that i took the life regen route out of scion start rather than the resist ones. Costs an extra point but i feel the travel nodes are more worthwhile.

Damage feels a bit low. I'm tanky as all hell though. Been trying two different setups for my vortex:

blade vortex - spell echo - inc dur - controlled destruction - life leech

running hatred+blasphemied enfeeble

and

blade vortex - spell echo - poison - controlled destruction - life leech (wanted inc dur over controlled destruction but 150 chromes later i just settled for this...)

running hatred+blasphemied vulnerability

Considering getting a pair of windscreams and running HoA+vulnerability+temp chains to really cheese with the poison damage.

The first one clears faster while the second one feels like it takes down bosses a bit faster. Managed to down atziri today deathless on talisman HC. First two fights went well but i ran into some issues during atziri split phase since it was taking too long to dps one of her clones down which resulted in me running out of flasks. I ended up using 3 portals for atziri (1 per split phase). So yeah, the build works but we need a way to get the deeps up a bit. The level scaling on blade vortex is not that strong compared to most spells, sadly.

For reference, my tooltip dps with the poison variation is around 1750 without any charges or buffs other than hatred. Block is 57/63 (lazhwar+perfect spellblock rathpith). I'm currently level 84.
Anyone got any gameplay videos with this build? Would really appreciate it
"
Recovary escribió:
Anyone got any gameplay videos with this build? Would really appreciate it

I will be adding at least 1 video to the build guide this weekend. (hopefully) Only thing that will limit me on doing this is if the upload is more than my data plan can handle for my phone.

~Dbum~
IGN @Dbum
Editado por útlima vez por dbum en 16 dic. 2015 23:25:55
hey dbum ive been trying to do the math on intelligence vs + to maximum energy shield and numbers don't add up right what should I focus more on for more energy shield items with int or + to msx energy shield?
"
fioreskater22 escribió:
hey dbum ive been trying to do the math on intelligence vs + to maximum energy shield and numbers don't add up right what should I focus more on for more energy shield items with int or + to msx energy shield?

Our main es booster for this build and tree is our shield. We get 185% increased bonuses from our shield. So if you have a decent es shield you get a crap ton of es from that one slot.

As far as int and max es nodes we only take them to get to GR and EB as well as the little bit of life.

~Dbum~
IGN @Dbum
Editado por útlima vez por dbum en 16 dic. 2015 23:25:35
Not uber viable confirmed and the dps seems meh at best in higher tier maps. You also get huge fps drops when you get into big packs.

Edit: I'd advice just going cyclone which seems to be pretty as tanky with coil + ToH + armor and shitloads of hp and on top of that it has way better damage and clearspeed.

Edit2: I even tried 6 frenzy charge setup with blood dances and the dps wasn't still good enough.

Edit3: I'd go cyclone or just crit version of blade vortex which is far more damage and better.

Editado por útlima vez por Vilpertti en 16 dic. 2015 23:21:58
"
dbum escribió:
"
fioreskater22 escribió:

Our main es booster for this build and tree is our shield. We get 185% increased bonuses from our shield. So if you have a decent es shield you get a crap ton of es from that one slot.

As far as int and max es nodes we only take them to get to GR and EB as well as the little bit of life.

I meant on items

heres my gear and I'm at 1196 es right now should I get a better ring with + to es or int on it?

is 1200-1300ish enough to sustain everything?
Editado por útlima vez por fioreskater22 en 16 dic. 2015 23:23:19
"
fioreskater22 escribió:
"
dbum escribió:
"
fioreskater22 escribió:

I meant on items

heres my gear and I'm at 1196 es right now should I get a better ring with + to es or int on it?
Spoiler
Spoiler

I understand what your saying now heh sorry. I personally would love to have %es on my rings if I could as well as flat es and int, but that would be quite expensive.

If I had to choose I would go with Int on rings since you get 2%es per 10 int. Guess you just need to calc how much you gain vs flat es.

~Dbum~

IGN @Dbum

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional