[2.4] The Dy'Ness Tank

It's not recharge rate, it's rate when ES begins to recharge.

Also, that alternate tree above might actually be better than the current tree, I'm going to go play around with both of them, see what happens.

E: merged trees. Watch me ruin it.

Okay, what did I do?

Changes:

Removed Elementalist and nodes around it, removed Armour and Energy Shield by Sanctity, removed +30 DEX, removed everything west of Combat Stamina and Armour Mastery.

Added in parts of Scion's life wheel and Sanction for good early game, added in two more jewel slots around it so you can get some ES max bonuses from there.

If I could use POE Builder to see how my balance changes effected everything, I would. However, it's still not currently up with the 2.1 tree, so I guess I'll wait until it is. On one hand, Master of the Arena might be a better choice than Armour Mastery, however I'm not sure which of the two options is better.

E: I have no idea how I managed to reply instead of edit.
Editado por útlima vez por AUKL en 8 dic. 2015 12:35:23
Hi Fluffy (and everyone else),

Some comments on your proposed tree:

Spoiler

1. Energy from within jewels that overlap on nodes result in their effects stacking. So if a 5% life node is in the radius of two energy from within jewels, it ends up being a 10% increased energy shield and 5% reduced life node. This is why I take pretty much the whole scion wheel of life: there are 5 nodes for which this overlap occurs, and they are some of the best nodes in the game to take for this build. Thus, I'd suggest taking them if you can deal with the reduced life (I do this through auxium and eye of chayula).

2. I'm not really sure why you go past the ZO node on the left side of the tree. It's not very efficient from an energy shield perspective, and the only cool thing you gain is the utility from the light of divinity node. I think it's better to go for the good duelist nodes.

3. I think master of the arena is probably better than armor mastery. It definitely is for my build--I have pretty much zero armor on gear, and the only armor I get is from granite flasks (optimally I would have two, but I have only one right now due to needing something for mana regeneration). Thus, I value the .5% life regen and 10 intelligence more than the increased armor. Additionally, it puts me closer to the golem's blood node, which is an enormous amount of regen, and the jewel slot there, which lets us get a reasonable amount of ES from the life nodes nearby.

4. Whether or not taking the aura nodes is better than taking more % increased energy shields comes down solely to gear. I think that with great gear, the % energy shield nodes are better, but early on or with mediocre gear, you probably gain more from the aura nodes. This one's a toss-up and I think it comes down to personal preference.

5. I like the fact that you grabbed nullification and have added it to my (hypothetical) tree. By my estimation, we lose 1% increased energy shield from taking these nodes instead of taking ES nodes from the energy shield wheel, but the spell damage and other things should make it worth it.

6. My pathing is a little different around the written in blood cluster because I've taken Ghost Reaver in my hypothetical build. Given that we have an enormous life leech cap due to the amount of ES we have, it makes sense to potentially get some leech. I may eventually try adding leech to my CWDT spells, and if I get a 6L (probably not anytime soon), it may make sense to add life leech in there. But again, this is a personal preference and it's entirely reasonable not to path this way. If I decide the leech isn't worth it, I'll probably path this area more like you did.

Please don't take this as harsh criticism. I appreciate the response and the ideas, so thanks!

After a looking at the 2.1 tree some more, I'll propose the following tree (at level 96, because that's what everyone else is doing here, and why the hell not):

Comments on the build I'm proposing:
Spoiler

1. I apparently didn't make this clear the first time, but nodes that fall within the radius of multiple energy from within nodes have the jewels' bonuses stack. In our case, starting from clockwise from the notable on the scion life wheel, the first, third, fourth, fifth, and seventh 5% life nodes become 10% increased energy shield and 5% reduced life nodes. These are awesome to take for obvious reasons and are the main reason why we bother with the wheel of life in the first place.

2. We don't take the stray node in the wheel of life because it's only a 5% increased energy shield node for us, we don't need it for pathing, and we can do better elsewhere.

3. This build is designed to take the most possible energy shield and life regen in the most efficient manner, with few compromises. If you want damage, it's best to look elsewhere.

Anyways, thanks again for the suggestions.
Greetings!

I have loved reading over all of the feedback. I have an idea of where I want to go, but wont post it yet. Going to see how it works out and test before I post what I am looking at.

The 3 changes I am looking at for my setup overall are as follows:
-Using Ghost Reaver again.
-Growth and Decay Node.
-Essence Drain Gem.

@Pseudorandominator, I can probably agree that your tree probably gives you the most ES and Regen possible for the points. I havnt tested it, but it does look very interesting and I might just give it a shot, after plugging it into a few tools, when they become available to compare with what I currently run.

Anyway, I dont have much time to type more, but wanted to say thank you to everyone for the massive feedback and I look forward to reading more of it!

~Dy'Ness
QBotU_DyNess - www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1171890
Editado por útlima vez por DyNess en 9 dic. 2015 5:27:34
Greetings!

Probably the last video I will post prior to the update.

[2.0] 78 Map - No Life or Mana Regen (21:36)
https://youtu.be/M3wQhhbo0ZQ

Yea, a map with No Life or Mana Regeneration... Yet somehow... I survived. And yea, not even going to LOOK at the boss under these conditions... A couple close calls. But still, I am a regen tank. And in a map with no regen, I regened on... at 801.9 ES per second.

How? The Shav ring works even in this situation. It is not LIFE regen converted to ES, it is ES regen...

This should go to show that even with ONLY 800 ish regen, your character should be exceptionally tanky and that going above and beyond is more for extreme situations where you just want to go for a smoke while the bosses exhaust themselves.

~Dy'Ness
"
Pseudorandominator escribió:
Hi Fluffy (and everyone else),

Some comments on your proposed tree
[...]
Please don't take this as harsh criticism. I appreciate the response and the ideas, so thanks!

Nope, I take no offense whatsoever, I'm new to theorycrafting and I'm learning quite a bit about clever design and good pathing. Are you planning to replace Mana Leech with Life Leech on the 6L?
Greetings!

"
Are you planning to replace Mana Leech with Life Leech on the 6L?

I am not. I might mix it in with the Empower/Reduced Mana switch I currently use. But I was looking at
along with the new chaos gem to see just how much I can gain back. I realize this is a small number, as I ran that math earlier. But from what I have found, most of the time when my tank is being overpowered, it is just by a little bit, and I think the spell damage might off set it. Who knows. I should end up with less overall ES, the same or more regen, and then mix leech on top of that.

12 hours until 2.1

~Dy'Ness
Some good news for this build!

Talisman with 2% of life regenerated per second Implicit Mod :D
@kompogiannitis

Considering there's already quite cheap amulet Shaper's seed with %2 life regen, that talisman does not improve anything for us.
Wow. Is it just me or did the firestorm damage got boosted? And the lag decreased as well. All in all far easier to play. Guess I will save the re-allocation until DyNess decide on his prefer tree for 2.1.
"
VallenChaosValiant escribió:
Guess I will save the re-allocation until DyNess decide on his prefer tree for 2.1.

Me too. But in my oponion, che "Growth and Decay" way is the best way. An additional 2% life regen from passive, for this build is OUTSTANDING.
My PGs
Crystal_Cooper (Standard League) Corrie_Swanson (Standard League) Hermione_Granger (Standard League) Daenerys_Targaryen_ (Standard League) Randy_Warlord (Standard League)

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional