(3.22) theocrafting Chieftain Melee-Ignites Infernal Blow/Earthquake (first Update)

with PoB's update now allowing the new gems to calculate, I put a flicker ignite build together.
And well, I failed. https://pobb.in/UHGsYhpb6RFk

Super easy to cap out resistances with Tasalio, and after I got the calc page tweaked to make the support ignite accurate I only reached around 200k ignite dps, and that's with the peak hit of ignite always being active via Defiled Forces .

This was a poor attempt though, really all I did was cap out the resistances and then equipped every unique that gave a positive DPS
Melee ignites was a massive trap. At least on Chieftain. There's just no damage scaling. I think I'll push it to like 300k ignite when I get a Fan the Flames cluster for prolif and remove the support etc.. I even got a Ramako forbidden jewels combo for 60c...

I went the route of scaling fire res for defense with Formless Flame helmet. Easy 50k armour. Just need to grab chaos res etc and it'll be pretty tanky. Get a more reliable form of endurance charges (5 max).

Just the DPS man.. I don't get why the game doesn't allow you to have a big slam do a good amount of ignite. It feels like all the ingredients are there and they aren't. I'm sure with heavy investment you'd get a decent mapper but man.. I baited myself knowingly but it's always disappointing. Thought I'd get by for a leaguestarter with the defensive nodes, and the 7link/tawhoa combo. Wrong! ..

..would love to be proven wrong by someone. :D:D

https://pobb.in/XNPWSGLEOvv1
"
..would love to be proven wrong by someone. :D:D

Well, you've got a few things messed up in PoB
-You have a 2h wheel down by duelist
-you have avatar of fire taken for basically no reason. the fire wheel there is less efficient than getting DoT multiplier elsewhere
-you missed out on Abberath's Hooves, Armor mastery and Attribute Mastery for strength scaling
--Abberath's Hooves (I think) also solve the ignite prolif, so you don't need that cluster jewel
- you haven't marked down 'I'm Stationary' nor 'I've hit X ignites recently' for Ramako and Controlled blaze. (I don't think you attack fast enough for controlled blaze anyway)
-your gem picks for earthquake and infernal blow are just weird. I feel like you were mid messing around when you made the share link. I changed them.
--Controlled Blaze + multistrike should be better for Infernal blow, I think. The 6 hit explosion should totally outclass the smaller triggers from the hits.
-no shield? well, have an rise of the phoenix to cap out your resists

Anyway. this version more or less doubles your listed ignite dps and almost triples it if you check off the stationary setting, and also you have higher armor and resistances https://pobb.in/4DysuCwQ-u1m

... and I just noticed you have a custom modifier of '+1800 to STR'
that would make the lead sprinkler very good, yes.

edit: I found someone actually using chieftain ignite over on PoENinja https://poe.ninja/builds/ancestor/character/Elitay/ThisSmiteBeBait

Looks like their core is Story of the Vaal + Stormfire, for about a million burning dps with smite.

Kinda sad what the tree looks like. they basically just peaced out up to witch
Editado por útlima vez por Duodecimus en 27 ago. 2023 16:25:51
I've been thinking about the Melee Ignite Chief for a few days.

Here's what I've got:

Problem: Tawhoa means 2 Ignites at the same time with any skill.
Solution:

Problem: base Ignite duration wastes the Ignite from Earthquake's initial hit.
Solution: Sadism Support gem drastically compresses the Ignite so the ones from the initial hit expire before Aftershock.

Problem: GGG has not thought things through so Tawhoa is not synchronized with Fist of War from Tukohama.
Solution: Cooldown Recovery Speed on gear to get Tawhoa to 0.9 cooldown.

Overall, it turns out weak and weird, but kinda fun...

Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.
Editado por útlima vez por Sarganis87 en 23 sept. 2023 5:54:52

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional