[3.24]The Arachnophobia Allstars|100% Chaos Guardian CI|The dirty Scorpion-tail|Herald of Agony 50M

"
Sputnik01 escribió:
It is a good build with which I have learned a lot of the game. On maps you are immortal, and you can facetanking most bosses. The only thing was the market issue at the beginning of the league, the dagger and the shield (core items) were quite expensive, and that ends up slowing you down while you farm them. In this league this build was not very friendly starter.

The damage issue is quite lacking. I have killed Sirus, Maven, elder, shaper, new bosses too (not ubers). Big bugs kill you before you can kill them (ubers, wave 29-30 sims, aul, feared...)

How do you kill Koksis in Simulacrum? I have everything that is supposed to do more damage according to the guide, triad, lvl31hoagem, swapping support gems, storm burst setup, and I have a hard time lowering his life, he ends up killing me. The last few waves of delirium seem impossible.

I'm level 99 and I have 100ex to invest, what do you recommend me to invest in? Is it worth it to keep putting money into it for some more damage or not?

Overall I'm happy with the build, it's the only build I've managed to reach this level, killing most bosses, making good money etc... I totally recommend it, it gives what it promises. Congratulations for the guide.

I have no issues with simu, only problem comes from uber bosses.

This is the variant I use: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3019705/page/334#p24447710 Made a few changes for this league, but the build was actually originally designed for simu farming.

Your gloves would be the first thing I look at changing, triad grips with all white sockets is a major increase in damage. Cyclone is great for mapping, but bigger bosses (like high wave simu bosses) you can't get the viru stacks you need. Switch (yes, in the middle of the fight, you can survive a hit or two) to stormburst to finish them off. Same with swapping in multistrike.

Gem links on your crawler could also use some work. Culling strike is ok, but vicious projectiles is much better.

Ebers is a bad choice with channeling, as it only goes off on the initial cast and not while channeling. The helm I wear is much better for a channeling setup.

Convocation is not really needed at all.

Spirit offering on cast while stunned is not something I would recommend. Better to self cast it, so you can ensure it is up all the time. With it on stunned you need to make sure you have corpses near you, and get hit, in order for it to go off.
For anyone put off with summoning spiders during maps in between picking up loot, when you leave your map for trades, or after fighting a very tanky elite, get a pair of these. It essentially enables our HoA to summon spiders on kill (as long as there is a corpse around):

Because we're basically overkilling all but the most ridiculously modded maps, we can afford to lose whatever DPS benefit the glove slot may benefit us (i.e. 4 white triad grip) for the big QoL boost (i.e. less button spam and less annoyance). We do lose some ES yeah but it's not a huge deal in my experience.

"
WarPig17 escribió:
For anyone put off with summoning spiders during maps in between picking up loot, when you leave your map for trades, or after fighting a very tanky elite, get a pair of these. It essentially enables our HoA to summon spiders on kill (as long as there is a corpse around):

Because we're basically overkilling all but the most ridiculously modded maps, we can afford to lose whatever DPS benefit the glove slot may benefit us (i.e. 4 white triad grip) for the big QoL boost (i.e. less button spam and less annoyance). We do lose some ES yeah but it's not a huge deal in my experience.

20%, or 3.5m reduction in DPS is a pretty significant damage loss for a very insignificant QoL increase. And that's without factoring in that you'll have a hard time sustaining 60 virulences on single target.

You really shouldn't be resummoning spiders that often in maps, any death to poison counts as your kill already. You can loot while there's still stuff being killed, or wait to loot until the map is completely cleared. No need to clear a section, stop to loot, then clear another (and even if you do that, unless you're insanely slow at looting it's unlikely spiders have despawned).

I have a bigger issue with spiders spawning when I DON'T want them, such as getting a good group for sentinels to empower (due to poison counting as my kill).
Editado por útlima vez por Valsacar en 19 jun. 2022 8:20:08
"
4U71SM escribió:
"
Sputnik01 escribió:
It is a good build with which I have learned a lot of the game. On maps you are immortal, and you can facetanking most bosses. The only thing was the market issue at the beginning of the league, the dagger and the shield (core items) were quite expensive, and that ends up slowing you down while you farm them. In this league this build was not very friendly starter.

The damage issue is quite lacking. I have killed Sirus, Maven, elder, shaper, new bosses too (not ubers). Big bugs kill you before you can kill them (ubers, wave 29-30 sims, aul, feared...)

How do you kill Koksis in Simulacrum? I have everything that is supposed to do more damage according to the guide, triad, lvl31hoagem, swapping support gems, storm burst setup, and I have a hard time lowering his life, he ends up killing me. The last few waves of delirium seem impossible.

I'm level 99 and I have 100ex to invest, what do you recommend me to invest in? Is it worth it to keep putting money into it for some more damage or not?

Overall I'm happy with the build, it's the only build I've managed to reach this level, killing most bosses, making good money etc... I totally recommend it, it gives what it promises. Congratulations for the guide.

For damage you'd ideally want sniper's mark since unique bosses have 66% less curse effect, but marks apply their effect fully, or get an additional curse to apply both sniper's mark and despair at the same time. Also I'm not sure if vuln on hit on your Triads can overwrite other curses, so it might be a good idea to get ones without it since it does nothing for you due to full chaos conversion.

For jewels you should get 2 voices(~20ex each) and 2 pure agony medium jewels for 70 max virulences, which should offer you a substantial boost in DPS.

For more survivability you can get Sanctuary of Thought forbidden flame/flesh, though they're quite pricy at about 60-80ex for flame and about 10ex for flesh last I checked, they'll give you 20% mana as es, 25% increased mana reservation and 50% reduced mana cost of skills, which'll let you to free up some atlas points. Also you can drop Runebinder since you use cast when channeling and the lower spellblock node since you use GB and have tempest shield which lets you cap spellblock even without them.

Either level your awakened cast when channeling to 5 or buy one, it gives you immunity to interruptions from stuns so you can anoint either an additional curse or charisma, or just switch to Immunity from stuns pantheon.

You can also switch Circle of Nostalgia with buff effect to increased agony crawler damage one since you should have 100% chance to poison even without it. Also you should be able to get a much better rare ring/boots/belt with attributes/res/es/armour with a budget of around 10ex.

Good boots with ailment avoidance are awfully overpriced IMO, and it'd be cheaper to get a fractured movementspeed or some other t1/2 mod ES base boots and spam shrieking(26-30% avoidance,1c)/deafening(31-35% avoidance,8c) essence of loathing on them until you get what you need, then use eater/exarch to get ailment avoidance implicit and action speed/ignite or freeze avoidance.

With enough res on boots/ring/belt you may be able to get mending flash and with purity of ice should be able to get 85%+ all max res.

I bought the melding flesh and I'm even more immortal than I was lul. Good update, I now have 87% capped resistances. At first it was hard to understand how the jewel worked. I thought at first that having one type of resistance capped to the maximum, the others were also capped, but no. I thought the jewel was too pretty xD.

The problem is that I had to modify part of the tree and part of the gear, I did too many tricks to add Purity of ice omegalol. But in the end I managed to square the circle. I also bought a voices too, to put more efficiency mana reservation.

I have another problem with the ailments, specifically freeze and chill. I have 70% only, I'm doing harvest to see if I can put that 30% in the clusters, but it's fucked because it's totally random, and you have to buy the jewels again and again.

Thanks for your advice.
Spoiler
"
Valsacar escribió:
"
WarPig17 escribió:

20%, or 3.5m reduction in DPS is a pretty significant damage loss for a very insignificant QoL increase. And that's without factoring in that you'll have a hard time sustaining 60 virulences on single target.

You really shouldn't be resummoning spiders that often in maps, any death to poison counts as your kill already. You can loot while there's still stuff being killed, or wait to loot until the map is completely cleared. No need to clear a section, stop to loot, then clear another (and even if you do that, unless you're insanely slow at looting it's unlikely spiders have despawned).

I have a bigger issue with spiders spawning when I DON'T want them, such as getting a good group for sentinels to empower (due to poison counting as my kill).

Like I said, we're overkilling maps by a ton. If you think you need 15 million shaper DPS to do a juiced t16 that's just not the case. I appreciate your anecdote, but from reading over this thread the consensus seems to be summoning is overall an issue for for a lower APM person. Take it or leave it, if it's not for you that's fine. Good luck.
Editado por útlima vez por WarPig17 en 19 jun. 2022 8:50:55
"
WarPig17 escribió:
an issue for for a...

... self-casting builds, yes. It's a qol i'd recommend too.

For cyclone it's not an issue in any way tho.

Edit: Well, qol vs dps is also depends on content. Some prefer nemesis lvl of juice (like current CT quantity mageblood farming) where gravebind is utterly irrelevant. Simulacrum was a dps check also.

For regular alch and go mapping...i don't think (from my cyclone pov) spiders are required at all at the higher end. Awakened chain would destroy everything.

When I was playing this build, gravebind was really good on low budget/before switching to cyclone, when their dps was more than that of hoag. Later they became a whither buffing tool with "some" damage. When hydrosphere was a thing, spiders offered a really great help with clearing simulacrums/legion/nemesis.

And yep, cyclone solved spiders problem completely, so damage came in a 1st place at a higher end content.
Editado por útlima vez por monik390 en 19 jun. 2022 11:50:16
"
4U71SM escribió:
"
Sputnik01 escribió:

For damage you'd ideally want sniper's mark since unique bosses have 66% less curse effect, but marks apply their effect fully, or get an additional curse to apply both sniper's mark and despair at the same time. Also I'm not sure if vuln on hit on your Triads can overwrite other curses, so it might be a good idea to get ones without it since it does nothing for you due to full chaos conversion.

For jewels you should get 2 voices(~20ex each) and 2 pure agony medium jewels for 70 max virulences, which should offer you a substantial boost in DPS.

For more survivability you can get Sanctuary of Thought forbidden flame/flesh, though they're quite pricy at about 60-80ex for flame and about 10ex for flesh last I checked, they'll give you 20% mana as es, 25% increased mana reservation and 50% reduced mana cost of skills, which'll let you to free up some atlas points. Also you can drop Runebinder since you use cast when channeling and the lower spellblock node since you use GB and have tempest shield which lets you cap spellblock even without them.

Either level your awakened cast when channeling to 5 or buy one, it gives you immunity to interruptions from stuns so you can anoint either an additional curse or charisma, or just switch to Immunity from stuns pantheon.

You can also switch Circle of Nostalgia with buff effect to increased agony crawler damage one since you should have 100% chance to poison even without it. Also you should be able to get a much better rare ring/boots/belt with attributes/res/es/armour with a budget of around 10ex.

Good boots with ailment avoidance are awfully overpriced IMO, and it'd be cheaper to get a fractured movementspeed or some other t1/2 mod ES base boots and spam shrieking(26-30% avoidance,1c)/deafening(31-35% avoidance,8c) essence of loathing on them until you get what you need, then use eater/exarch to get ailment avoidance implicit and action speed/ignite or freeze avoidance.

With enough res on boots/ring/belt you may be able to get mending flash and with purity of ice should be able to get 85%+ all max res.

Hi 4U71SM!

Congrats to 99!

Very interesting setup - with great mageblood, 150 k buffed ar, forbidden flame and flesh, sanctuary of thoughts, melding of the flesh, 89% all resistances and more... Very nice helmet and boots too!

Totally awesome!

In your former set-up did you reached 100% spell suppression or only around 80%? That's looked like a nice path too.
"
Chromino escribió:
"
4U71SM escribió:
"
Sputnik01 escribió:

Hi 4U71SM!

Congrats to 99!

Very interesting setup - with great mageblood, 150 k buffed ar, forbidden flame and flesh, sanctuary of thoughts, melding of the flesh, 89% all resistances and more... Very nice helmet and boots too!

Totally awesome!

In your former set-up did you reached 100% spell suppression or only around 80%? That's looked like a nice path too.

I currently have 92% spell suppression, missing 8% spell suppression when hit with spell damage from lab enchant on boots, it's just that lab is bad today so I'll wait till tomorrow to get it.

Thanks for making this build btw, really enjoyed it so far. Love the variety it offers while still having decent damage and clearspeed, being able to do all mods and content and being tanky enough to survive most, if not all, uber boss attacks.
I added a new pob-tree and pob-item-tab for using "the melding of the flesh" with the aura "purity of ice", for 87-90% all elemental resistances as the default fullblock-edition.

□ In this pob-tab 'purity of ice' is socketed into a rare unset ring with despair on hit.

□ Aul's uprising is changed to 'determination reserves no mana'.

□ A small cluster with 'sublime form' and a small cluster with 'pure guile' are inserted.

□ 1 point 'presage' is pathed in the passive tree.

□ Rare boots for 96-100% all elemental-ailments-immunities and on the tree 'arcane guarding' are used.

□ More possibilities and tipps you find in the spoiler "jewels and clusters", ==》 "the melding of the flesh".
Editado por útlima vez por Chromino en 23 jun. 2022 16:53:05
why do we use Golden Rule? We are typically immune to corrupting blood and its quite rare we bleed normally. Am I wrong? Wouldn't a rare jewel be better?

**ed. DUH I should just read the original post...doubles virulence. I've been wondering how to get my single target up, but that was pre-golden
Editado por útlima vez por jsuslak313 en 23 jun. 2022 14:37:12

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional