[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

"
Arcinde escribió:

To start out with, you should use Increased Critical Strikes instead of Empower. That will carry you through early to mid gearing. At a certain point with Zealotry, Watcher's Eye, Replica Farrul's Fur, etc. your crit will cap out at which point you would swap to Empower 4. Also, I would recommend grabbing lv21 ice nova of frostbolts if you can afford it, as well as lv5 awakened added cold (gives +1 level).

Alright, thank you I'll make these changes as I can. The guide also mentions global culling strike with charms? But I don't see these anywhere, would it be better for me to put culling strike on instead of arcane surge then in this case?
"
SirLimbo escribió:
"
Arcinde escribió:

To start out with, you should use Increased Critical Strikes instead of Empower. That will carry you through early to mid gearing. At a certain point with Zealotry, Watcher's Eye, Replica Farrul's Fur, etc. your crit will cap out at which point you would swap to Empower 4. Also, I would recommend grabbing lv21 ice nova of frostbolts if you can afford it, as well as lv5 awakened added cold (gives +1 level).

Alright, thank you I'll make these changes as I can. The guide also mentions global culling strike with charms? But I don't see these anywhere, would it be better for me to put culling strike on instead of arcane surge then in this case?

Yeah you're correct, that part is a bit outdated, I would replace Arcane Surge with Culling Strike (that is my current setup). Mostly only matters on bosses and big rares.
Yo.
Thinking of swapping over to this from the lighting warp build now I have my MB. The warp build kinda sux for bossing. Noticed most people playing this skill use dual wands and not pledge of hands. Do you stilll recommend pledge or……? How bout the kitava helm and /or rare armour with spell suppress?

Cheers
From my experience playing an archmage version of this build, kitavas thirst costs a chunk of survivability and damage but gives you a lot of extra QoL, its certainly an option for mapping with this build but for bossing you are better served with ravenous passion + berserk or a suppress helm, ravenous passion is a lot of damage and berserk makes it roughly equal on survivability vs bosses with archmage to sustain berserk, without archmage its probably worse on the survivability front though.
"
Veneratio escribió:
Yo.
Thinking of swapping over to this from the lighting warp build now I have my MB. The warp build kinda sux for bossing. Noticed most people playing this skill use dual wands and not pledge of hands. Do you stilll recommend pledge or……? How bout the kitava helm and /or rare armour with spell suppress?

Cheers

To add to the post above, I believe the dual wand is for mana stacking purposes so it is only relevant to the Archmage variant. For the non-Archmage version my opinion is that pledge of hands is by far the best option.
Even in mana stacking pledge wins absent truly ridiculous rolls due to the interaction of greater spell echo with ice nova of frostbolts (you can pretty reliably land 75% of the novas on a single target so 12x multiplier, where normal spell echo is only about a 6x), from messing around in PoB you would basically need a pair of near mirror tier wands to exceed pledge's dps, especially with the lost crit nodes. It might be cheaper than normal this league though thanks to gravecrafting.
I’m back again with another appreciation post as I’m simple brained and couldn’t make my own build! I’ve been farming T17s and build is great! One question, I just got a mage blood and it really messed with all of my resistances and attributes as everything was pieces together like a jigsaw puzzle. Got any advice on where I should focus next? I’ve had the worst luck crafting, everything beens cheaper to buy. Graveyard crafting failed me. I really want the 1 max mana per 2 int helmet haunted mod or more spell suppress or cap chaos res but I feel like I need to replace all my other gear. Anyways, thanks again!
"
Cicatryx escribió:
I’m back again with another appreciation post as I’m simple brained and couldn’t make my own build! I’ve been farming T17s and build is great! One question, I just got a mage blood and it really messed with all of my resistances and attributes as everything was pieces together like a jigsaw puzzle. Got any advice on where I should focus next? I’ve had the worst luck crafting, everything beens cheaper to buy. Graveyard crafting failed me. I really want the 1 max mana per 2 int helmet haunted mod or more spell suppress or cap chaos res but I feel like I need to replace all my other gear. Anyways, thanks again!

a few small things you could do:
- your amulet is not anointed
- crit catalyst on amulet, attribute catalyst on mageblood
- better rolled pledge of hands, harvest enchant ele damage, beast corrupt 30% qual
- after that I would go for better rings, which should cover your chaos res. It is fine to give up the dex from your ring and take 30 dex in the tree to cover it. I have a grave crafting setup for amethyst/two-stone rings in my PoB. Helical ring is bis but unfortunately they have gone up in price a lot (so it's quite expensive as you need to fracture it)
- helmet/gloves/boots after that, refer to PoB crafting notes
Editado por útlima vez por Arcinde en 20 abr. 2024 17:22:20
Great build so far but I have a few problems in super juiced T16 when opening strongboxes, sometimes I get instat deleted.

I am close to get a mageblood, what version do you guys think is the best armchage dual wand, or pledge of hands.

Am I correct in saying that pledge is more dps and armache dual wand more defensive ?

Looking for advice.
It depends an awful lot on the rolls of the gear, overall dual wands can be better but you need really good wands to do it (spell damage and mana and spell crit and crit multi with good t1 rolls beats out pledge by a fair bit but thats going to cost a lot more than a really good pledge) pledge gives access to a bunch of increased crit and crit damage on top of greater spell echo being a pretty big damage multiplier.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional