Auras

Hi,

First I expected that auras would disappear while removing the gem or changing the weapon slot. I didnt even know that this is possible till I read this post here. I expected that because I know that from a lot of other games.
But I dont think so anymore. In most of these games a aura doesnt "cost" a thing (like in Diablo 2 an aura doesnt cost mana, but you can only have 1 active aura).
-> In PoE you pay for your aura and you dont get the mana/life back if u swap and the aura is still active, so why should it be removed?

The only real answer I can think of is "because it could be overpowered, if people have an additional "cast-slot" wich provides much more sockets to boost your aura or take much more skills.

So the real question should be "why do we have a second weapon slot?"

If the answer is "yes, we also implemented it to give players the chance getting more skills OR support gems to more skills", then skills shoud not disappear.
If the answer is no, then I have to ask why do I have a second slot anyway?
I mean e.g. switching between a fire weapon+Skill and a ice weapon+skill is nearly the same.
In both cases you save skill points or sockets in your first setting (e.g. for your main-skills) and use the additional slot for additional skills.

Another example from D2: you could have 2 weapons to cast warcy in second slot, then switch slots and the warcry effect does not disappear.

I think skills should stay if I switch my weapon slot, to keep up combat flow while switching. A second slot doesnt make much sense if you punish the player using it (and most builds will have at least one aura or temporary buff).
I know this could be a balance problem, but better add a small penalty to skills equipped in second slot than removing it. This could even grant more diversity to builds!

Curses could be an exception, because there is the "curses do not expire" Skill wich could allow you to switch between slots while curse(s) are still active.
This could make the skill more useful => more different builds...
Editado por útlima vez por azraelb en 15 ago. 2012 14:47:28

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional