[3.13] TOXIC RAIN + HERALD OF AGONY Pathfinder Build (6-8K life) (UBER ELDER done!) +VIDEO GUIDE!

"
Angry_Roleplayer escribió:
For toxic rain Quill Rain beats even a very good +3 bow. The DoT is slightly less, but since you plant pods twice as fast.. well. .
Pathfinder is all-around good class for nearly everything. It's pretty hard to go back to raider after you taste this 100% flask uptime.
Another thing that i wanted to test are Virulence and poison. They really synergize well with HoA

i dunno, i still have 100% uptime on flasks unless its really long boss fights without any adds anywhere, but pathfinder would run out eventually too.
i get 3-4 drinks (5 on my sulphur and life flask) out of my flasks. to pick an ascendancy for poison stuff, when not focusing poison, and to focus herald of agony when its damage caps out pretty hard in later content, seems like a waste to me.

raider has more damage than pathfinder, same movement speed, and way way WAY more defensive. but its mostly just preference i guess.

to handle mana issues, for me, i went blood magic. my tree is different than most, but since you're spamming toxic rain so much the mana cost can get insane.

what i'd like to test now is what is better - poison stacking version or DoT version, both with quill rain.
i guess it wouldn't hurt to add in some poison when stacking the DoT, since a lot of the supports would support both. hmm. maybe i'll augment my build a bit to get that.

EDIT: frick pob is annoying as hell sometimes. sure it gives you what supports is best PER POD dps, but it fails to consider things like how long each pod lasts, and how many pods you can get hitting one mob, type of thing.

in this situation, its very hard to tell what is the best support. im focusing on dot dmg and right now im running toxic rain, vicious, void manip, mirage archer, inc dur and efficacy. wanna know if damage on full life or decay or anything else is better than inc dur, but its so hard to tell. obviously pob says so, because its only calculating the dps per pod
Editado por útlima vez por xMustard en 6 sept. 2018 17:58:30
"
xMustard escribió:
"
Angry_Roleplayer escribió:
For toxic rain Quill Rain beats even a very good +3 bow. The DoT is slightly less, but since you plant pods twice as fast.. well. .
Pathfinder is all-around good class for nearly everything. It's pretty hard to go back to raider after you taste this 100% flask uptime.
Another thing that i wanted to test are Virulence and poison. They really synergize well with HoA

i dunno, i still have 100% uptime on flasks unless its really long boss fights without any adds anywhere, but pathfinder would run out eventually too.
i get 3-4 drinks (5 on my sulphur and life flask) out of my flasks. to pick an ascendancy for poison stuff, when not focusing poison, and to focus herald of agony when its damage caps out pretty hard in later content, seems like a waste to me.

raider has more damage than pathfinder, same movement speed, and way way WAY more defensive. but its mostly just preference i guess.

to handle mana issues, for me, i went blood magic. my tree is different than most, but since you're spamming toxic rain so much the mana cost can get insane.

what i'd like to test now is what is better - poison stacking version or DoT version, both with quill rain.
i guess it wouldn't hurt to add in some poison when stacking the DoT, since a lot of the supports would support both. hmm. maybe i'll augment my build a bit to get that.

EDIT: frick pob is annoying as hell sometimes. sure it gives you what supports is best PER POD dps, but it fails to consider things like how long each pod lasts, and how many pods you can get hitting one mob, type of thing.

in this situation, its very hard to tell what is the best support. im focusing on dot dmg and right now im running toxic rain, vicious, void manip, mirage archer, inc dur and efficacy. wanna know if damage on full life or decay or anything else is better than inc dur, but its so hard to tell. obviously pob says so, because its only calculating the dps per pod

What's your goal of using increased duration? Wouldn't less duration be better? It'll make the pods blow faster and do more damage.
"
kenmai9 escribió:
What's your goal of using increased duration? Wouldn't less duration be better? It'll make the pods blow faster and do more damage.

my build is focusing on the DoT dmg of toxic rain. so increased duration #1 allows me to lay down a lot more pods before they expire, which allows me to get more overlapping DoT on a single target. #2 it allows my mirage archer to last much longer, which is great for fast mapping. i just toxic rain once, then run around to each pack and lay a caustic arrow under their feet, and move on my way.

but for focusing the DoT of toxic rain, its so hard to figure what works best. pob doesn't consider mirage archer either.
Editado por útlima vez por xMustard en 6 sept. 2018 18:18:34
I'm going to be doing something like this but as a Trapper. Can't build up virulent stacks though, but don't think it matters much.

Throwing out so many traps should get a lot of poison stacks.
Editado por útlima vez por Seeders en 6 sept. 2018 18:47:49
ok i just did a few tests and if you're focusing on the DoT portion of toxic rain damage, i think i know what the best supports are.

what i did was slot in different support gems, tallied up my dot damage per pod (as by tooltip), my attack speed including mirage archer, which indicates how many pods are being laid down, and the duration, and just multiplied them all together and multiplied by 5, which is how many pots you get per shot.

i know not all pods are going to be hitting the same target, but the total number doesn't matter, as long as it rings consistent to compare each support, it should suggest which is best.

first i used base gems of toxic rain (obviously), vicious projectiles, void manipulation, and mirage archer. i think when using quill rain that those are by far and large the best in slot and must haves.

so what i did was compare efficacy + increased duration, swift affliction, faster attacks. by far and large the winner was increased duration. swift affliction was next best, and faster attacks was worst.

knowing increased duration is best, i then compared efficacy, swift affliction, and faster attacks.
efficacy came out on top, with swift affliction next and last faster attacks.

again when considering purely the DoT damage, increased duration seems to really reign king by a pretty good margin. this could also apply to poison based versions of this skill
If you are focusing on the dot, you should consider going trickster then. Gives a fuckton of benefits with dots and sustain.

Best support for the dots are
Toxic Rain

Vicious proj
Swift affliction
Mirage archer (35% MORE DMG)
Void manipulation

People have been saying that TR works like lightning spire trap. I.e. the radius stays the same, inc/decrease in aoe affects the individual pods. In that case, the last spot should be inc aoe. It gives less paper dps but it allows dots to overlap easier.
discord id: dejuvenate#5828
Guides
[3.13 Ritual] Flameslinger - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3009295
[3.5 Betrayal] Brutus AW Chieftain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2320224
[3.4 Delve] Toxic Rain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2207700
"
dejuvenate escribió:
If you are focusing on the dot, you should consider going trickster then. Gives a fuckton of benefits with dots and sustain.

Best support for the dots are
Toxic Rain

Vicious proj
Swift affliction
Mirage archer (35% MORE DMG)
Void manipulation

People have been saying that TR works like lightning spire trap. I.e. the radius stays the same, inc/decrease in aoe affects the individual pods. In that case, the last spot should be inc aoe. It gives less paper dps but it allows dots to overlap easier.

how can you not consider increased duration? it gives you 69% increased duration at max level/quality. and swift affliction seems like an absolutely horrible choice considering it gives you less duration on the pods.
Editado por útlima vez por mathiasmmh en 6 sept. 2018 21:46:01
It is 15% reduced duration, which is nothing.

Just taking a single duration cluster gives 45% increased duration. Taking 2 gives 90%.

1.9x duration
1.75x duration with swift affliction
Only 8% less duration overall

While swift affliction gives 44% MORE damage at lvl 20.

Do the math yourself. Plug into POB.
Guides
[3.13 Ritual] Flameslinger - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3009295
[3.5 Betrayal] Brutus AW Chieftain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2320224
"
dejuvenate escribió:

Just taking a single duration cluster gives 45% increased duration. Taking 2 gives 90%.

1.9x duration

go do the math yourself, inc duration comes out ahead anyway
"
mathiasmmh escribió:
"
dejuvenate escribió:

1.9x duration

go do the math yourself, inc duration comes out ahead anyway

lvl 20/0 inc duration gives additional 64% duration

1.9x duration multiplier
2.54x duration multiplier with inc. duration
That is 33.6% MORE duration overall

So over time, inc duration contributes to an additional 33.6% MORE damage.

While swift affliction gives 44% MORE DAMAGE and 8% LESS DURATION, resulting in 1.44 * 0.921 = 1.326. That is 32.6% MORE damage

This is for pathfinder.

For trickster, swift affliction pulls ahead.
Guides

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional