[3.8] A Shocking Elementalist, Lightning Tendrils CwC Arc - All Content - Budget version included

Nice build!

Three questions:

1. Does cursing actually work with herald of thunder? And how do you curse bosses when there are no ads around.

2. Why add innervate to the orb os storms setup?

3. Why have ark in the cast when channeling setup instead of ball lightning, storm call or just more damage support gems.
"
theorangeshield escribió:
Been wanting to do cwc tendrils for a while now and just 6linked a well rolled inpulsa today after about 70 fusings. Thanks for the guide.

Looking good ! Have fun with it :)

"
AgurBadur escribió:
Nice build!

Three questions:

1. Does cursing actually work with herald of thunder? And how do you curse bosses when there are no ads around.

2. Why add innervate to the orb os storms setup?

3. Why have ark in the cast when channeling setup instead of ball lightning, storm call or just more damage support gems.

1. HoT can curse with the bolts, I used this because everything dies in one hit without curse. If a rare monster try to survive, you get that curse on top of his face and he won't be surviving long !
For bosses remember that they usually have a huge reduced effectiveness of curses on them so it's not that inpactfull if they are not cursed. Also, not a lot of bosses have no ads at all or monsters close by. But, if you really want that curse on them, you can use :

One charge at the start of the fight, drop an Orb of Storm and you are good to go :)
And don't Curse Atziri if you don't have a Curse removal flask, it will mess up your resistances and you will lose the Lightning penetration from The Wise oak.

2. Because with Innervate we achieve 100% shock chance with Orb of Storm. Plus if we kill an enemy with OoS, and we will a lot, we get global Added Lightning Damage to increase our main damage setup. All that while increasing the mana cost of Orb of Storm so we can use a higher level Arcane Surge.

3. Three main reasons.
- I wanted to play a CwC ^^ At first it seems like you would lose damage by not using 2 more support gems but in fact, this version is way stronger because of our pathing and item choices.
- Arc is fun, strong and fast. While Ball Lightning or Storm Call are delayed damage, Arc is instant.
- The main reason, Shock. Take a look at the Shock sub-section in the How it works section. With Arc and it's innate shock effectiveness, we reach 150% shock effectiveness and this is why we can apply 50% shocks to bosses :)
[3.7] Scourge Arrow, Ignite Proliferation Elementalist. Melt T15 on a budget, All content viable.
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2222701
theorangeshield escribió:
3. Three main reasons.
- I wanted to play a CwC ^^ At first it seems like you would lose damage by not using 2 more support gems but in fact, this version is way stronger because of our pathing and item choices.
- Arc is fun, strong and fast. While Ball Lightning or Storm Call are delayed damage, Arc is instant.
- The main reason, Shock. Take a look at the Shock sub-section in the How it works section. With Arc and it's innate shock effectiveness, we reach 150% shock effectiveness and this is why we can apply 50% shocks to bosses :)

What about the shock nova? It also has shock effectiveness and it seems to deal a lot of instant damage.
Shock Nova is definitely a good alternative to Arc, it scales the same way as Lightning Tendrils and would be better than Arc for bosses.
I just picked Arc because I liked the way it chains between packs and because I'm manly using this build to map and not really as a boss-killer. :)
[3.7] Scourge Arrow, Ignite Proliferation Elementalist. Melt T15 on a budget, All content viable.

I'm planning to use the build more for bossing (primarily Guardians and Atziri) than mapping, what changes would you recommend if any?
Glad you like it :)

If you want to go full T16/Atziri drop the AoE nodes on the tree to grab some HP on the Purity of Flesh node. It will be enough to tank unavoidable damage, you will still have to dodge heavy attacks like the burrow-strike from the Minotaur or the Flameblast of Atziri.
As AgurBadur mentioned just before, you can swap out Arc for Shock Nova, I haven't tried it myself yet but just looking at the number from the gem it should be a pretty good dps increase. If you have the enchant "45% reduced Ball Lightning Projectile Speed" use Ball Lightning instead of Arc, you lose a bunch of Shock Effectiveness but the damage is huge on slow moving/big model bosses.

If you want to try Uber Atziri, swap Soul of Tukohama for Soul of Yugul in your Pantheon, Atziri have a bit of reflect damage and it can hurt if you have a lot of dps. Also in the trio, don't kill the Sword-Arms dude last, he will have Flame Thorns up all the time and it will be really hard to kill him. The order should be: A'alai (Titty) -> Y'ara'az (Sword arms) -> Q'ura (Cyclone dude).

I wouldn't recommend it if you only want to run fast Shaped maps because you lose some clear speed as you have to go into every pack when Arc can chain off-screen. But If you are going for a T16/Shaper character, it might be a better choice than Arc !

I added a T15 video with Shock Nova so you can see how it looks. I don't have the ressources/time to test it on Shaper or Uber Atziri yet, but don't worry it will be added later.
Increased shock effect will reduce the threshold required to reach the cap. For example, with 100% increased Shock effect, a hit that deals 5% of the target's maximum health or more in Lightning damage will apply shock for 50% increased damage.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Shock

Not sure you are right about how increased shock effect works. Increased shock effect makes for elementalist to easier apply 20% (and above), it does not give guaranteed 50%.
"
dim.kiriyenko escribió:
"
Increased shock effect will reduce the threshold required to reach the cap. For example, with 100% increased Shock effect, a hit that deals 5% of the target's maximum health or more in Lightning damage will apply shock for 50% increased damage.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Shock

Not sure you are right about how increased shock effect works. Increased shock effect makes for elementalist to easier apply 20% (and above), it does not give guaranteed 50%.

With Beacon of Ruin, every hit that shocks will apply a 20% shock. You do not need any shock effectiveness for that. Even a 1 fire damage hit will shock Shaper at 20% if you have Shocking Conflux active.

I based the build on a reply from Mark_GGG on Reddit two weeks ago :

"

Q:
How does [Beacon of Ruin] interact with the 20% increased effect of non-damaging ailments on the same node (or ailment effect in general)?

Let's say I Shock an enemy, and the unmodified increase of damage taken would be 10%. With Beacon of Ruin, is it going to be 20%, or 24%?

I am guessing the former (the maximum is applied after increases or reductions to the magnitude of the effect), but I would like to know for sure. If only to be able to answer this question when it inevitably comes up in the future.

A:
24%, assuming the enemy does not have any modifiers to the effect of shock on them. The magnitude fundamentally must be determined before any modifiers can apply (which can't happen until it's actually on the enemy, to account for it's modifiers)

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/81b41p/ggg_question_about_elementalist_beacon_of_ruin/dv21bfa/

Basically, Shock Effectiveness with Beacon of Ruin will increase the minimum shock. In his example he have 20% shock effectiveness and the minimum shock is at 24%. Since we have 150% shock effectiveness in this build, we take that 20% minimum to 50% :)

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional