[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

I just love this Build. I think i got the damage to a maximum this league, poe.ninja says ~2m but i dont know where it gets the numbers from, i think it calculates active flasks in. Anyway UE is literally melting...
Btw its the first time im listening to Dank and wearing kintsugi, former runs i always ended up with kaoms. Was a realy smooth softcore 100 :*)
Anyone here have the problem on fighting monsters with Proximity Shield (especially Blight monster)? I lose the blight map because of the Blight Unique Boss with large Proximity Shield, i can't deal damage with my caustic arrow on it. Need tips or solution on fighting those monsters...
Blight Update - Level 100:

My first level 100 character in Path of Exile! I realized this goal was within reach when I managed to get to 97, then 98... then 99. Finally I've made it. It feels amazing to achieve this goal. I really need to work on my focus (74 /deaths), but that is why I play softcore.

Onward to 40/40 challenge completion in Blight!

Thank you DankawSL for all of the hard work you have put into the build and for providing help to others and myself in the thread here.

Gear setup upon reaching L100:
Spoiler

EDIT: PoB: https://pastebin.com/V0VjSbB2
Editado por útlima vez por octeris en 29 oct. 2019 20:29:12
Looking to try this build out with first real go for it avatar.

Don't have lots of items yet and working on 'Wither-Totem-Multiple Totem-Increased Duration` gem set. I have a Shagreen boot with GRRR instead of BRRR so trying Desecrate(G) instead of Wither(B). Is there a better G gem ?

Thanks
"
Microdia escribió:
Enjoying the build so far! The only thing I don't see mentioned anywhere in the guide is what anoints save the most points, or are the most useful.

Avatar of the Hunt looks decent for the price of it in oils. Any advice on other choices?

While you don't really need help i'll still give the answer. Corruption which you've annointed is in general most common upgrade due to price and overall power. BiS damage wise which majority of the playerbase is seeking. There's plenty of choice for defensive nodes tho. I've made list quite long time ago of all of them:

List of all noteworthy notables:
Spoiler
Levelling:
* Diamond Skin - Teal , Sepia , Clear (12% to all resistances)

Damage:
* Corruption - Black , Black , Crimson (BIG damage notable)

Life / Defenses:
* Constitution - Golden , Golden , Silver (strongest life notable)
* Soul of Steel - Golden , Golden , Golden (great defensive notable)
* Discipline and Training - Silver , Silver , Black (very strong life notable)

Interesting / Build enabling:
* Whispers of Doom - Golden , Golden , Black (+1 curse)
* Charisma - Golden , Golden , Opalescent (reduced mana reservation)
* Cleansed Thoughts - Golden , Azure , Clear (hidden, double chaos resistance)
* Hardened Scars - Golden , Black , Teal (hidden, fortify during life flask)

"
zavson escribió:
Thinking about trying this build out, did play Toxic Rain before and it was one of the skills I enjoyed the most. Just a little question to the Passive tree, why take "Toxic Strikes"? Just for the "Chaos damage with attacks" ? Because I mean Chaos damage over time isnt the same as Poison right?

Also would an multimodded "Increased Chaos Damage" ring increase the Chaos DOT from CA like on Toxic Rain?

Toxic Strikes is a very efficient 2-point node, it's as strong as 4-mod damage jewel. That's basically it. Build doesn't scale or care about poison part at all.

Caustic Arrow scales nearly the same as Toxic Rain with exception of attack speed and duration since CA overlapping AoE doesn't increase DoT damage.

In general you pick CA for safer playstyle, faster clear, lower cost and gear requirement. TR leads damage wise due to additional scaling possibilities and necessity to keep firing to reach peak damage.

"
jackchoong escribió:
Anyone here have the problem on fighting monsters with Proximity Shield (especially Blight monster)? I lose the blight map because of the Blight Unique Boss with large Proximity Shield, i can't deal damage with my caustic arrow on it. Need tips or solution on fighting those monsters...

You can't kill these "monsters", your towers can and will easily dispatch of them. Considering the most effective strategy for blight maps is investing into damage towers with efficient utility towers, you shouldn't have any problems at all. Both of my blight map videos from this league showcase it, with one being done almost with towers alone.

I have a guide/datadump about the tower defence in general if you're having issues with tower defence. I was supposed to update it shortly after my recent death, but didn't get to purely because of my laziness (simply played other games instead).

"
Samavahvan escribió:
Looking to try this build out with first real go for it avatar.

Don't have lots of items yet and working on 'Wither-Totem-Multiple Totem-Increased Duration` gem set. I have a Shagreen boot with GRRR instead of BRRR so trying Desecrate(G) instead of Wither(B). Is there a better G gem ?

Thanks

You can't replace Wither, it's used to nearly double your damage against bosses. Applying the debuff as totem is simply the best method of application. On your first character it's recommended to color any strength base (can be hybrid) with good stats, it's the cheapest solution. Otherwise you should simply use jeweller's coloring method.

"
rade0n escribió:
I just love this Build. I think i got the damage to a maximum this league, poe.ninja says ~2m but i dont know where it gets the numbers from, i think it calculates active flasks in. Anyway UE is literally melting...
Btw its the first time im listening to Dank and wearing kintsugi, former runs i always ended up with kaoms. Was a realy smooth softcore 100 :*)

I'm positive the 2million damage is definitely due to your ridiculous investment into the build. If you copy PoB code from poe.ninja, you can see the configuration used. By the way you still have Kintsugi corruption to do, 40-50% increased damage and it's very doable to do.

To be honest, i'm amazed you don't have a warding flask. To me it's necessary to carry one once you hit yellow maps.

As for lvl 100, it's your 3rd using the build already. I think you're used to grinding it by now. Still awesome achievement.

"
octeris escribió:
Spoiler
Blight Update - Level 100:

My first level 100 character in Path of Exile! I realized this goal was within reach when I managed to get to 97, then 98... then 99. Finally I've made it. It feels amazing to achieve this goal. I really need to work on my focus (74 /deaths), but that is why I play softcore.

Onward to 40/40 challenge completion in Blight!

Thank you DankawSL for all of the hard work you have put into the build and for providing help to others and myself in the thread here.

Gear setup upon reaching L100:
Spoiler
I find the progression similar, you just grind for end game gear and before you realize it's already 95+. I wouldn't look at death stat too much in softcore. Very often you end up doing hard content that can potentially kill you which you would avoid in hardcore. Even more if you're attempting fights you're not experienced at.

Anyway, level 100 is something most people never achieve. Props to you. Hopefully i'll join the club next league.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
"
DankawSL escribió:

I'm positive the 2million damage is definitely due to your ridiculous investment into the build. If you copy PoB code from poe.ninja, you can see the configuration used. By the way you still have Kintsugi corruption to do, 40-50% increased damage and it's very doable to do.

To be honest, i'm amazed you don't have a warding flask. To me it's necessary to carry one once you hit yellow maps.

As for lvl 100, it's your 3rd using the build already. I think you're used to grinding it by now. Still awesome achievement.

Yea i tried the corrupt a couple of times but gave it up after ~10 fails :/
I didnt have a Warding Flask on any of the three times i played this build but i used a jade flask of reflex for leveling. I never felt curses be a huge problem but its softcore - in hardocre i would use one too i guess!
SSF softcore endgame gearing

I rly like this build. Much more than SA/TA/IS/TOR/... builds in the past so i decided to go for endgame clearing in SSF standard. I think i have most gear rdy, missing leveling/corrupting gems and have enough currency to craft what i am missing. But i have few questions.

I got level 16 vicious projectiles with additional arrow together on elder bow. It is worthy to keep this and multimod or reset and go for level 20 vicious?

I have Karui Ward with additional curse corruption.

It is good necklace for end game? Or go for defense/different dps amulet even when i dont have enough oils for additional curse or more costly annointments?

Is there replacement for this item worthy of chasing/crafting?
"
Xyiana666 escribió:
Spoiler
SSF softcore endgame gearing

I rly like this build. Much more than SA/TA/IS/TOR/... builds in the past so i decided to go for endgame clearing in SSF standard. I think i have most gear rdy, missing leveling/corrupting gems and have enough currency to craft what i am missing. But i have few questions.

I got level 16 vicious projectiles with additional arrow together on elder bow. It is worthy to keep this and multimod or reset and go for level 20 vicious?

I have Karui Ward with additional curse corruption.

It is good necklace for end game? Or go for defense/different dps amulet even when i dont have enough oils for additional curse or more costly annointments?

Is there replacement for this item worthy of chasing/crafting?

The good news about the bow, the mod combo is the best possible. Not having lvl 20 Vicious Projectile isn't that big of a deal in this case. Bad news is you hit that on second worst base, so you'll have to multimod attack speed for it to not feel clunky. Crafting this will take a lot of resources and has multiple paths you can take, depending how much do you want to invest into it.

Crafting process
Step 1: Create imprint of the bow with beastcrafting (because it's that rare)
Step 2: Regal the bow. Based on affix you hit, do following:

A route - prefix/suffix
Step 3a: Use Annulment to remove that affix.
* If you remove regaled mod, proceed to optional step 4a or straight to 5a.
* If you remove any other mod, use imprint on the bow and return to step 1.

Step 4a - 6-linking the bow:
* If you aim to use guaranteed option via crafting bench, ignore this step. Keep in mind 1500 fuses is higher than average 6-linking cost.
* Craft any 15-18% quality suffix.
* You can also use Hillock transportation bench to further increase quality for extra linking chance.
* Afterwards, just 6 socket and 6-link the bow. Keep in mind you can still get screwed over by RNG.

AC route - cheap version
Step 5ac - Craft the following mods in this order:
* Can have multiple crafted mods
* +2 to Level of Socketed Support Gems
* 40% Chaos DoT Multiplier
* 11-13% Attack Speed

AE route - expensive version
Step 5ae - Craft in this order:
* Cannot roll Attack mods
* Slam the bow with exalted orb.

Step 6ae - Craft the following mods in this order:
* +2 to Level of Socketed Support Gems
* 11-13% Attack Speed

B route - suffix only, more efficient method
Step 3b - Craft the following order:
* Craft "Cannot roll Attack mods"
* Beastcraft "Add prefix, remove suffix".

Step 4b, beastcrafting results:
* If you removed additional arrow, use imprint on the bow and return to step 1.
* If you removed suffix you regaled, go to step 6b.
* If you removed crafted mod, use Annulment for small chance to remove the regaled suffix. Proceed to next step.

Step 5b - Annul results:
* If you removed additional arrow or level 16 Vicious Projectiles, use imprint on the bow and return to step 1.
* If you removed +1 socketed gems, then repeat step 3
* If you removed regaled suffix, proceed to step 6b

Step 6b - 6-linking the bow:
* If you aim to use guaranteed option via crafting bench, ignore this step. Keep in mind 1500 fuses is higher than average 6-linking cost.
* Craft any 15-18% quality suffix.
* You can also use Hillock transportation bench to further increase quality for extra linking chance.
* Afterwards, just craft 6 sockets and 6-link the bow. Keep in mind you can still get screwed over by RNG.

Step 7b - Craft the following mods in this order:
* +2 to Level of Socketed Support Gems (best) or 40% Chaos DoT Multiplier (cheap)
* 11-13% Attack Speed

You can quickly judge the cost yourself, it's 4ex minimum for cheap version up to 9ex for most expensive one. In case you don't have enough resources, just use the classic +3 crafted bow before that. That's what i would do for sure. As a side note - this wall of text is primary example why my crafting guide doesn't show every single possibility.

Extra curse is useful if you have temp chains / enfeeble on hit gloves, for extra defence. There's no reason to use it without them. Your usual life + resistance amulet should be better in general.

The boots are great. You could only replace them with a better base / mods one, insane elder boots or Atziri's Step if you truly want more spell dodge/evasion (but you don't need tbh).
Editado por útlima vez por DankawSL en 1 nov. 2019 8:28:53
Thanks for your reply but i don't understand one thing in crafting advice for expensive bow version. I have enough currency for this version and i think build deserve this expense even in SSF format but in your crafting step

Step 5ae - Craft in this order:
* Cannot roll Attack mods
* Slam the bow with exalted orb.

Is "Can have multiple crafted mods" even needed during this step? It isn't enough to simply use other two then remove crafted mod and continue with 6AE step?

About additional curse i am using 2 curses Frenzy setup in 5L Kintsugi. It is better to use Elder Marble Amulet with Corruption annointment and replace second curse in Frenzy setup with something else?

Do you recommend with AS crafted on bow to get good AS on shaped/elder gloves too or use only 1 AS on bow or gloves but not both? And if only one AS, which one? On gloves or on bow?
Step 5ae is required to craft +1 Level to Socketed Gems (prefix). What the step does is block suffixes in order to guarantee the outcome. Without "Can have multiple crafted mods" you could roll a suffix with a chance much greater than hitting a prefix.

As a note, i corrected 1 mistake in the crafting method which claimed the AC route didn't have AS.
It does.

Yes, that's what i said about amulet. Unique and rare monsters are resistant to temp chains/enfeeble making it a small, extra defensive bonus. However normal amulet with life will give you similar amount with more useful stats, without extra curse in Frenzy CoH setup.

Only on bow, because the attack speed is multiplicative and other crafted suffixes give only ~2-3% damage boost. Gloves have more important suffixes, no reason to intentionally waste an affix for a little bit of speed. The build already has decent amount of increased attack speed with onslaught anyway.

Have in mind that taking attack speed won't increase CA's damage, only QoL values apply. Shooting quicker translates into defence and clear speed.
Editado por útlima vez por DankawSL en 1 nov. 2019 8:51:19

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional