what's wrong with my lancing steel DPS ?

Build is public, or it shoud be, if not here's the PoB link

https://pastebin.com/hrXtA5hM

So i'm using splitting steel for mobs and it works great. no problem at all, and even though it's a 5L now, it was doing great even on a 4L.

But the tooltip on a 4L splitting steel is higher than a 5L lancing steel which makes no sense (but we all know how tooltips don't tell the whole story).

i've gone throuh PoB comparing "donthecrown"'s original build to what i have now (and, no, i don't have exactly the same tree) and i'm having a terrible time figuring out what's wrong with my lancing steel damage, but it's terrible. PoB does, in fact, tell me it's terrible I just can't figure out why.

any help really appreciated.

Thanks!
Reflotado por última vez en 4 nov. 2020 1:31:57
"
plasticeyes escribió:
Build is public, or it shoud be, if not here's the PoB link

https://pastebin.com/hrXtA5hM

So i'm using splitting steel for mobs and it works great. no problem at all, and even though it's a 5L now, it was doing great even on a 4L.

But the tooltip on a 4L splitting steel is higher than a 5L lancing steel which makes no sense (but we all know how tooltips don't tell the whole story).

i've gone throuh PoB comparing "donthecrown"'s original build to what i have now (and, no, i don't have exactly the same tree) and i'm having a terrible time figuring out what's wrong with my lancing steel damage, but it's terrible. PoB does, in fact, tell me it's terrible I just can't figure out why.

any help really appreciated.

Thanks!

I'm not great at this, but your build doesn't look bad at all from what I can see. 2.1M lancing steel damage with all projectiles. You're missing an annoint, blade of cunning for example gives just north of 280k increased DPS. If you're playing crit, you have good crit chance, but are missing a lot of crit multi, rings, ammy etc.
Hmm no annoint on amulet, no 6L and a physical damage build with a low dps weapon perhaps.
Did u try a two handed with 500 / 550 pure physical dps ? it's very cheap (80/90c)

Edit : didnt notice terminal est crit / attack speed are good... will be expensive for a rare 2H
Editado por útlima vez por PwetPwet en 26 oct. 2020 15:29:22
Forget what POB and the tooltip say, how does it feel? does it feel like its doing a lot of damage? Also are you using the Community Fork?
Your actual dps is much lower then you think, you imported your pob on top of the other and currently there is fustercluck of skills with absurd mana reservation, you need to create new entry and then import it ( don't forget to put 4 steel shards in configuration screen or else it'll show abysmal dps)
"
OhGodDanimal1 escribió:

I'm not great at this, but your build doesn't look bad at all from what I can see. 2.1M lancing steel damage with all projectiles. You're missing an annoint, blade of cunning for example gives just north of 280k increased DPS. If you're playing crit, you have good crit chance, but are missing a lot of crit multi, rings, ammy etc.

i can't figure out how you got 2.1M. i'm really bad with PoB :-(

It's funny people mentioned the amulet anoint, i was just thinking about that today, that i better go find a good ammy and get something added to it.

i'm definitely missing crit multi, i did manage to figure that out. the other thing i failed to notice was the based build uses %#%@^! bottle faith like every single other build in the entire game. lol. i won't be using that...

"
PwetPwet escribió:

Edit : didnt notice terminal est crit / attack speed are good... will be expensive for a rare 2H

that's exactly right. terminus est is really pretty good.

"
GigaClon escribió:
Forget what POB and the tooltip say, how does it feel? does it feel like its doing a lot of damage? Also are you using the Community Fork?

yeah- what got me going on PoB was the damage being terrible in-game. At one point I was up against a syndicate boss and he was regen'ing so fast i could hardly damage him. It was bizzarre. however... user error i think is part of the problem. For some reason i have call of steel figured out when i'm using splitting steel, but i think i'm screwing up with lancing steel.

"
Killerlotus escribió:
Your actual dps is much lower then you think, you imported your pob on top of the other and currently there is fustercluck of skills with absurd mana reservation, you need to create new entry and then import it ( don't forget to put 4 steel shards in configuration screen or else it'll show abysmal dps)

I have done that now, and I'm going back and forth between the base build and what i have. the other thing that's annoying in that PoB doesn't tell you _where_ the damage bonus comes from, and that's really a problem. It's taking me forever but I'm slowly, but surely figuring it out what the differences are. My damage is a bit on the low side and it's a combination of lot's of little things. one big thing is that ryslatha coil. that stupid thing is a huge damage boost and out of my price range...

Entering the 4 steel shards took me forever to figure out, so i've got that in there now.

Also I was definitely messing up how i was using call of steel, i think i was getting out of sync and basically attacking with ONE shard some of the time, or maybe even a lot of the time.

Thanks very much for the suggestions ! I love splitting steel, i just need to get rolling with a good single target skill and i'm all set. I was using vaal double strike (so much fun) but with all the projectile stuff in the build I figured it was best to stick with a projectile skill.
I find that shattering steel is a decent single target skill. I dropped Splitting Steel in favor of Leap Slam/100% impale/Call of Steel and the Impaler Keystone passive.
"
GigaClon escribió:
I find that shattering steel is a decent single target skill. I dropped Splitting Steel in favor of Leap Slam/100% impale/Call of Steel and the Impaler Keystone passive.

well that's a really interesting combo. luckily i was leveling up a shattering steel gem, so i'll give that a try.
Just remember to hit bosses with Shattering Steel first because one drawback of the Impaler is you can only impale every 4 seconds.
What did you use for shattering steel 4L > lancing steel 5L ? Lancing steel still have more dps in my PoB. You can use lancing steel for clear, using pierce instead of GMP and it works just fine. Lancing steel is always better than other steel skill for single target.

For suggestion :

You can take 3 point from forceful skewering and put it towards acuity to the right for more accuracy. You already have 100% impale chance without it.

You don't need double mana leech nodes, you can free 1 point from it and put it in path of warrior instead.

You have too many over resist on your gear, you can work on that and put it on more offensive stats.

Personal opinion :

Armour is bad unless you're stacking like millions of it. You can remove the node for armour and also +1 endurance charges and saves multiple point towards another node for more damage.

Clean up your pob to see clearer mana reserve and stuff.

Dual wield lancing steel is far more superior than two handed because of saviour reflection.

Anyway here is my current PoB of my current dual wield lancing steel build if you want to works toward it.

https://pastebin.com/GnKCRTgX

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional