Duelist - Champion - Choosing the Optimal Banner

EDIT: IGNORE EVERYTHING I SAID ABOUT DREAD BANNER. IT IS WRONG. The duration of increased Fortify only relates to the fortify granted by the skill.

First as a reminder

Dread Banner - Aura Gem
Spoiler

Nearby Enemies have (15-21)% less Accuracy Rating
You and nearby Allies have 20% chance to Impale Enemies on Hit with Attacks
When placed, 8% increased Area of Effect per Stage
When placed, 1% increased Aura effect per Stage
+1 second to Base Placed Banner Duration per Stage
Gain Fortify for 0.05 seconds per Stage on Placing the Banner
2% increased Fortify effect per Stage
Gain 1 Stage when you Impale an Enemy while carrying the Banner, up to 5 per second
You and nearby Allies have (0-19)% increased Impale Effect

War Banner - Aura Gem
Spoiler

You and nearby allies gain (15-21)% increased Accuracy Rating
Nearby Enemies take (8-11)% increased Physical Damage
When placed, 8% increased Area of Effect per Stage
When placed, 1% increased Aura effect per Stage
+1 second to Base Placed Banner Duration per Stage
Gain Adrenaline for 0.05 seconds per Stage on Placing the Banner
Gain 1 Stage when you Kill an Enemy while carrying the Banner

First to Strike, Last to Fall - Champion Notable Skill
Spoiler

our Hits permanently Intimidate Enemies that are on Full Life
Gain Adrenaline for 20 seconds when you reach Low Life if you
do not have Adrenaline
Remove all Ailments and Burning when you gain Adrenaline
Recover 25% of maximum Life when you gain Adrenaline

Fortitude - Champion Notable Skill
Spoiler

You have Fortify

Inspirational - Champion Notable Skill
Spoiler

Banner Skills Reserve no Mana
15% increased effect of Non-Curse Auras from your Skills
When you create a Banner, it gains 40% of the Stages of your placed Banner
You and Allies affected by your placed Banners Regenerate 0.1% of
maximum Life per second for each Stage
You and nearby Allies have 12% increased Movement Speed

There are two mechanic interactions (if true), one for each banner, I would use with a Champion even if they did not have any other abilities.

1st Interaction - First to Strike, Last to Fall (FtSLtF) with War Banner

It is first important to note that War Banner after just one charge (one kill) grants .02s of Adrenaline once placed.

The second important thing to note is that FtSLtf has two abilities (remove all ailments, 25% max life gained) that trigger when the player gains Adrenaline.

Putting these two facts together we have a repeatable effect that removes all ailments and grants 25% max life instantly that recharges whenever you kill one enemy.

The requirement is that have have 10% mana to reserve or have the Inspirational Notable to ignore the requirement.

2nd Interaction. Fortitude with Dread Banner.

The interaction about to be mentioned would also work with all effects that grant Fortify not just Fortitude.

Inspirational says When you create a Banner, it gains 40% of the Stages of your placed Banner. It also says You and Allies affected by your placed Banners Regenerate 0.1% of
maximum Life per second for each Stage. These imply that even after temporary effects of placing banners disappear, tier charges do not.

This means that the Dread Banner's 2% increased Fortify effect per Stage should stay around even after the temporary fortify effect disappears.

Hence a placed fully charged Dread Banner grants 100% increased fortify effect (20% additional damage reduction) if you have Fortitude (or other non-Dread Banner) sources of Fortify for as long you are in it's range.

My personal chosen notables for my Champion build are the Fortitude (with Unstoppable Hero prereq), First to Strike Last to Fall, and Inspirational.

Therefore I am choosing to level up both with Dread Banner as my primary.

Using the War Banner in the Labyrinth for traps (any additional sources of life gain and bleed removal are quite welcome).

Using the Dread Banner for maps. Saving up my charges and placing the banner in the Boss room.

The reason I am posting this if for people to rip apart my gem skill interactions and explain why I am reading them wrong because they seem too good to be true.
Editado por útlima vez por CidAvadose en 27 jun. 2019 14:18:58
Reflotado por última vez en 23 jun. 2019 13:24:42

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional