3.2 - AssaMancer BV MoM Uber Lab (Budget to Endgame) The Queen of Blades v2

INTRODUCTION
Hello, my name is DonTheCrown and this guide is going to cover the build that I plan to use to farm Uber Lab in the start of the Bestiary League.

Please note that I will be spending the majority of my free time playing the game and streaming for the first few weeks of the league so if you have questions please stop over by the stream or post on the Build Discussion channel in my Discord server and I’ll be happy to help right away.

Note: Portions of this guide are incomplete because the league is still rather fresh and is being updated

When deciding on this build I looked for something that meets the following requirements:
Levels Fast
Doesn’t need any uniques to do maps
All uniques needed are both common and cheap
Can do Uber Lab / Atziri safely with very little gear
Damage and survivability scales up well with gear

This guide is broken into sections:
Videos - Watch the build in action
Build Breakdown - What's this build all about
Links / Pantheon / Bandits - What I picked
Gearing this build - What type of rares to get here
Leveling - how I leveled the character
Starting Uber Lab - where I was skill and gear wise when I started the lab
Endgame Gear - what to get to make this build really shine

Videos

Build Breakdown
Spoiler

This build is designed to be a boss farmer that can complete a lot of boss content with little gear. This build also scales well with gear so the survivability and boss killing speed gets better over time. This build is designed mostly around farming Uber lab; however, would also function great as a boss clearer to complement a fast clearing mapper.

When you think about Uber lab you really have two separate specialties: killing Izaro / Argus with a low chance of failure and moving through the lab as fast as you can. We use two weapon sets to achieve these goals
Killing

Moving
+ Leap Slam-Faster Attacks - Fortify to navigate the lab.

How I landed on this build
In 3.1 I started off with a Necromancer Blade Vortex build and it was strong, incredibly so. I felt super tanky and did good damage. When I saw the Necromancer changes (-50% offering) I was sad, until I realized that the Scion basically got the same defensive buffs that the Necromancer has now plus the ability to get more damage. When I switched over my current Necromancer to a Scion in PoB I was able to squeeze ~50% more damage out of the same gear, with only a mild loss to block. So Scion it is!

Links / Pantheon / Bandits
Spoiler

Links
Spoiler

Note: Only your main damage link has a ‘required’ location, any other gem setup can be placed anywhere (except Hatred)
Main Damage
Before Pledge
Blade Vortex - Spell Echo - Controlled Destruction - Concentrated Effect - Increased Critical Damage ~ Added Fire (in that order of importance)

After Pledge
Blade Vortex - Controlled Destruction - Concentrated Effect ~ Increased Critical Damage - Added Fire ~ Empower 4 / Efficacy (in that order of importance, put this in Pledge of hands!)

Movement
Shield Charge - Faster Attacks - Fortify - Maim (pre-pledge)
Leap Slam - Faster Attacks - Fortify - Maim (jump on things to make them take more damage)

Aura
Hatred (This must go inside Essence Worm ring)

Totem
Decoy Totem (level up as much as possible and put wherever there is space)

CWDT 1
Cast when damage taken (6) - Bone Offering(11) (15 / 15Block / Spell block is good )

CWDT 2
Cast when damage taken (1) - Warlords Mark (1) - Immortal Call (1) ~ Vortex (1) (these keep you alive and lets you leech)

Flesh Offering
Find a spot for this, this helps a lot.

Power Charges
Power Charge on Crit - Orb of Storms ~ Increased Critical Strikes(if space allows) [this is mostly for bosses like Izaro where you’ll start with 0 charges]

Pantheon
Spoiler

For lab I always used:
Soul of Solaris to help smooth out any slippery big hits from Izaro
Soul of Ryslatha for free flasks back, the rest of the pantheon doesn’t really help you all that much.

Bandits
Spoiler

I helped Alira because at the start of a league the 15% all resist is a massive help.

Gearing this build
Spoiler

As a Mind over Matter user we want to make sure that we have at least 43% of our max life as unreserved mana. (Supporting math found on wiki)
In order to maximize our survivability without breaking the bank we are going to use Aurumvorax at first. This will give you 40-60% all res (don't break the bank going for 60%) which is a big deal! In order to be resist cap you need 135% in each of the 3 elemental resists, so 405% resists. Since Aurumvorax is going to provide 120-180% of this (~42%) then you're free to buy rares with higher Life/Mana but crappy resists. These items will be SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than rares with high Life and high resists, let alone ones with Life/Mana and high res.

Stat Priority on Rares
1 - Maximum Life
2 - A single elemental resist (any resist you're not capped on)
3 - Maximum Mana
4 - Dex / Strength
5 - Extra resist

oh by the way you need a good amount of Dex (151/155/159) for level 19/20/21 Blade Vortex.

Please note that only Energy shield bases will have Mana on them. Armour and Evasion are generally worthless for this build, don't bother stacking them on your gear. Until you have pledge of hands you will likely not have enough mana to cover the Life * .43 ratio. IF you are over on mana without Pledge then you're likely low on life.

Side note: Amulet / Ring
You can score a LOT of resists on a single piece here. I would generally start with a medium life, HIGH res ring and amulet. Then eventually move towards an amulet with more damage mods, you can get the following on amulets:
Global Crit Multi / Global Crit / Spell Damage / Cast Speed

Leveling
Spoiler

If you are leveling this as your first character then the tree is going to be slightly odd as I decided to start with Sunder. You should likely switch over to BV around level 40 with the following links: BV - Onslaught - Controlled Destruction - Conc Effect. You could level as BV from level 12 if you want or if you have twink gear, this is just not the route I took.

You'll need gear that has DEX on it in order to level your gems smoothly, although taking nearby +30 DEX nodes is okay. You’ll also need STR (heavy belt good option) if you’ve decided to also go the sunder route. If this is your first character of a league you may need friends / the market in order to obtain gems. Otherwise, if you have completed the gem vendor quest in Act 6 you should purchase the following:
Required Gems
Spoiler

- Blade Vortex
- Bone Offering
- Flesh Offering
- Haste (use this to level until you start to feel the pinch for damage near the end of A9)
- Hatred
- Added Fire
- Controlled Destruction
- Concentrated effect
- Increased Critical strikes
- Increased Critical Damage
- Spell Echo
- Cast When Damage Taken x 2

Passives
Spoiler

20 pts
40 pts
60 pts Switched to BV at this point
Final Tree
Note that you shouldn’t reach for the Staff nodes until you’re actually using a Pledge of Hands. I started Uber lab just using an aurumvorax and a shield. Also once you’ve completed Uber for the Path of the Shadow Ascendancy nodes, you can connect you tree at the Shadow start and cut the point between Witch and Shadow
Lots of Min-Max level 99

Ascendancy Order
Spoiler

I started with Necromancer for the move/cast/attack speed, also the increased duration is nice too. Next Assassin and lastly Path of the Shadow.

Fancy Leveling Gear
Spoiler

None of this is required; however, these will add to your leveling ease if you have a base of wealth.
[[[TABULA RASA]]] - easy links are always nice
[[[GOLDRIM]]] - solid resist hat
[[[AURUMVORAX]]] - often underrated, this sword is amazing at fixing your resists when you are broke. I started farming the Uber lab with one of these in each weapon setup to fix my resists for both combat and travel.

Starting Uber Lab
Spoiler

When you start Uber lab I would recommend being at least level 70 and having a 5L Blade vortex (Level 19). Decoy totem and a spell linked to Culling Strike Support is also EXTREMELY helpful at this phase. Make sure the rest of your gear has life and mana with a bit of resists. Aurumvorax can carry a lot of the resists (especially if you buy a good roll) so you should be able to buy higher life + mana items than normal since the resists will be middling. Generally, before I do my first Uber I'll do a test Atziri run or two to check the damage and survivability.

Once again I cannot state how important Decoy totem is when starting off the lab. With proper decoy totem use, its possible to take barely any damage with Izaro, don’t try to just face tank him. Our first and primary defense layer is that Izaro is busy walking over to decoy while we burn him down.

Pastebin from first Uber kill:
https://pastebin.com/gZzjfcAy
That was exactly the first character that killed Uber

Flasks
Spoiler

Panicked Divine Life Flask of ? - Helps a lot on traps
Bubbling Eternal Mana Flask of ? - it pains me to use this BUT mana is also life and being out of mana is the WORST
Diamond Flask - Lots more Crits
Atziri’s Promise - Some more damage
Stibnite Flask of Staunching - This is great, blinds anything in the 'cloud' that is created when you use it. This makes Izaro have a 50% chance to miss on top of any other defenses you have. I also prefer to have my anti-bleed flask as a Stibnite since it lasts so long and you can have it running through an entire trap set.

I would highly recommend ignoring Argus and skipping/bypassing extremely rippy Izaro mods (Charges|Conduits|Essences|Gargoyles are generally more dangerous). I would also EXTREMELY recommend hitting as many Darkshrines (that are somewhat reasonably easy to get) since they are always positive now and can give you permanent shrine mods that can make the lab a cakewalk. (e.g. 100% crit, take no damage)

Gear Progression
Spoiler

I started off in Uber with an Aurumvorax and a shield. I upgraded my gloves / boots / helmet / ring / amulet with the following priority:
High Life
1 Single Res (Craftable even)
Mana
Dex / Strength
Once I was able to remove my Aurumvorax and shield I bought a Pledge of Hands and used a Jewellers Touch prophecy to 5L it. Then I shopped for a new chest armour. I looked for something that had as much life as possible with a bit of resistance to cover my 1 res that would have been short otherwise. I landed on a rare chest with ~140 flat life and 40 res for ~4 chaos. Then I farmed farmed farmed until I could afford a Kaom’s Heart and upgraded a couple rares to cover my resistances. After this point I stopped spending any money on upgrades until I obtained a Headhunter.

Pastebin of Lab Farmer when I got HH
https://pastebin.com/QS78tCpJ

At this point you should be able to comfortably defeat any Uber Izaro combination with a little bit of Decoy Totem tactics. If you want to keep improving your gear, in case you want to go farm harder bosses, you can get better rare items, maybe even a fancy shaper/elder amulet.

Thanks for reading my guide! If you want to catch me live you can find me at: www.twitch.tv/donthecrown

Editado por útlima vez por DonTheCrown en 6 mar. 2018 17:59:52
Reflotado por última vez en 6 may. 2018 22:13:50
Nice good job mate! Good luck with the new league!
Would it be possible to get a PoB link?
60 pts passives link dont work
60pts passive link is empty. Please fix it! thanks!
Really friendly guy. Helped me with mastercrafting.
Thank you!
Tks for the build.

I was thinkng about something like this, but with pathfinder instead of assassin.
no more purchases or recommendations til the trade system is fixed.
Nice build. Another good option is to switch out the offerings for a Blasphemy/Warlord's Mark setup and go Slayer/Assassin (call is Slassin? Because AssSlayer is too suggestive).
Editado por útlima vez por acecase en 10 may. 2018 22:45:43

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional