Help with new scion player

Hi, I'm relatively new to path of exile (also writing in any forum as well) with about 70 hours in and two characters being level 44 and level 47. So far both the level 44 Ranger and 47 Scion have failed because of taking too much damage without dealing out enough in return. I just beat innocence with nearly 30 or more deaths because of being 1-shotted by most attacks. I wish to continue my Scion but I do not know how to continue with my current play style.

My current passive tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.0.1/AAAABAAAAADuBIcFPBLhFSAaVRuXIWAqTSzpMZ4yTjXWPydAoEUKRZpIeErITP9NRk4qWp9br14TYSFhUmLsZrZ08YLkhO-Kr49gj5mQCpARktCi6qZXrK--vMC_wYLFU9ZY3DLdDeCf7dfvTvTG

I have been focusing on using swords and shields and focusing on armor and keeping evasion in mind. My damage focus has been on bleeding and also leeching HP and MP back to sustain using passives and warlords mark as an aura and using determination to increase my total armor. I have had not many issues up until now with my character.

I have 1903 armor with 50% damage reduction without determination. 974 evasion with 33% chance to evade and my resistances are 58/49/75 and 0 chaos resistance. If these stats are acceptable it would be helpful to know as well.

I switch between Double strike (652.8 DPS) with bleed chance, fortify support, and splash damage support and wild strike (622.3 DPS) with splash damage switch out for multistrike. Sometimes I also tried using Double strike with multistrike (821.4 DPS) against Innocence but didnt notice much change other than being locked in my animation longer.

My current gear:
Spoiler

I would like to know what the communities thoughts are on how I am carrying out this build and if I should continue or change to a different starting character to achieve this playstyle. Any help is appreciated and I will try my best to give any information that you need to help.

Thank you.
Reflotado por última vez en 13 sept. 2017 10:49:00
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaFHfrY-6uGSAvmczp_7a6Q
Thank you for the link but I would like some input or at very least pointing me to the videos that you mean I should watch to solve my issues.
Not sure if you are still looking for advice, but I have some all the same.

You need more life.

I think 1.5k life is about right for act 5. You should prioritise getting life on your passive tree in the early levels of the game. Damage can come later. You should also be looking to get as much life on your gear as possible (are you wearing rings and an amulet?) whilst making sure your resistances are capped (they will take a -30% penalty at the end of act 5). Consider using the purity of elements aura (instead of determination) to cap your resistances.

A large life pool is by far the most effective defence (and will improve your life leech rate); armour, evasion, fortify are all secondary to life. Given your current passive tree, you should take the Constitution, Bravery, Golem's Blood and Profane Chemistry notables. I suggest using all your respec points to do so, however, it may be better to start a new character at this point.

By all means use fortify, but don't link it to your main damage skill, you can use the links in your weapon to socket leap slam-faster attacks-fortify instead. I respect that you have chosen bleed as your main damage source, some people might suggest levelling your character without using bleed, but I think it can work. Firstly, you should take the bleed chance nodes in the bloodletting ring (there is no point scaling bleed damage if you don't cause bleeding often enough). Secondly, I would not take crimson dance until later in the game when you have enough attack speed and bleed chance to reach 8 stacks.

I've never used double strike, but maybe use:

Double Strike-Chance to Bleed-Melee Physical Damage-Multisrike/Ruthless/Maim

This is an example skill tree for a character at your level: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.0.1/AAAABAAAAADuBIcFLRUgGbQaVRuXIuIqTSzpLTAtgy_MMZ4yTjWSNdY_J0CgRQpFqUd-R-JKyE3jWp9hIWLsZU1mtnTteu-C5ITZhO-Kr4-ZkBGkOaZXrK-2ir02vqe-vMC_wYLYvdrB7df0xv6P

You should also have completed the Normal Labyrinth by now, although for Scion it is not as important as it is for other classes. If you do end up starting a new character, and still want to use bleed, I suggest Duelist with the Gladiator Ascendency.

P.S. I think you would get better advice if you posted this in the Gameplay Help and Discussion forum.
Editado por útlima vez por locobilbo en 13 sept. 2017 0:14:45
Thank you very much for your advice as I was still searching for some. I tried to do the labyrinth but failed at the end and didn't try again because all I would get is an extra skill point and some stat bonuses.

My plan for today is to make a new duelist and do a similar build but follow more into what you have suggested.

I am also wearing an amulet and rings but forgot to link it

Here they are:
Spoiler

Thank you for all of your suggestions as they were very helpful.
Editado por útlima vez por Jajariku en 13 sept. 2017 10:49:50

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional