[3.22] Righteous Fire (+Incinerate) Chieftain | New Changed Chieftain | Trial of the Ancestors

Update!
Spoiler
Ramako, Sun's Light: "Nearby Enemies' Fire Resistance is 0% against Damage over Time while you are Stationary."
They changed the wording and made it clear destroying all hopes, it is official, chieftain rebalance is bad.
(Edit: They changed it to -20%, which is still not viable for me personally.)
Now, we dont take the stationary node at all, this costs us about 25% of our damage but we still have high enough damage to do all content in the game.
I recommend getting the new totem notable that grants:
"Recoup 25% of Damage Taken by your Totems as Life", "Totems Regenerate 1 Life per second per 4 of your Life Recovery per second from Regeneration" and "Totems Taunt Enemies around them for 4 seconds when Summoned."
This should be a decent defence layer since we use scorching ray on totems.

Temporary new PoB with only change being, removing the change we made to enemy fire resistance stat in configuration tab, also reserv cluster was moved so I adjusted some passives for it (dropped +50 life mastery and evasion mastery to get life nodes next to the reservation mastery that was moved), will update PoB again when the PoB introduces chieftain nodes properly:

https://pobb.in/WSabz1kG7tAQ

Copy and paste the link in PoB to import

Video Guide: https://youtu.be/Plk1MAFM2gQ

Build Explanation
Spoiler
This build uses RF as its main damage source and incinerate as its second damage source, since RF doesnt require your input to deal damage that enables the use of
a side skill to do extra damage. We also use a staff and not sceptres or shields. We socket our RF in our body armour and socket our incinerate in the staff.
I will get into more detail in items section but the reason for this setup is, getting levels for RF from body armor modifiers such as influence and delve gem level mods
and more levels from staff global gem level mods, getting about the same numbers without the need to craft expensive RF helmets. We don't deal damage through hits of incinerate tho, we use the 8th stage release wave ignite damage which is almost half the damage of our
main skill, RF. We channel it, release it, reposition our character, dodge attacks and apply it again. We use scorching ray as totem to gain the great amount of
exposure it applies to monsters. And yes it does apply its exposure even when it is used by a totem. We use the classic auras, determination for defence, malevolence
and skitterbots for damage and last but not least, purity of fire for that juicy all max res. With the new chieftain change modifiers to maximum fire resistance also
apply to cold and lightning so purity of fire is easy +4 to 6 all max resistance depending on gem level and aura effect you have. As movement skill we use flame dash.
We use infernal cry to apply covered in ash debuff to bosses and explode packs of monsters with ease. Flammmability is the obvious curse of choice. And Molten shell
on cwdt for extra surviveabilty and vms as a great panic button.

We get our freeze chill immunity from our BiS helmet Hrimnor's Resolve, ignite immunity from ascendancy and shock immunity from pantheon + ring craft.
Now, we are not immune to shock fully but we reduce its effect by at least 100% which is immune in most cases and tiniest amount of shock in other rare cases where
monsters can have increased effect of shock.

Pros & Cons
Spoiler

Pros
Spoiler
-Great clear

-Great bossing

-Good Surviveability

-Easy to gear

Cons
Spoiler
-May feel slow to move around with only one movement skill, which can be compensated by adding phase run

-May struggle to get unique items in SSF but rare items do just fine for early mapping or until red maps

PoB
Spoiler
Temporary new PoB with only change being, removing the change we made to enemy fire resistance stat in configuration tab, also reserv cluster was moved so I adjusted some passives for it (dropped +50 life mastery and evasion mastery to get life nodes next to the reservation mastery that was moved), will update PoB again when the PoB introduces chieftain nodes properly:

https://pobb.in/WSabz1kG7tAQ

Copy and paste the link in PoB to import

Gem Links
Spoiler

Righteous Fire(On Body Armour)
Spoiler
...Righteous Fire... > ... Burning Damage ....
..................................... V .............
...Swift Affliction .... < ..... Lifetap ......
............ V ...................................
...Elemental Focus... > .. Concentrated Effect ..

Incinerate (On Staff)
Spoiler
......Incinerate...... > ...... Combustion .......
....................................... V .............
..Infused Channeling.. < ..... Lifetap .......
.............. V ......................................
....... Immolate ....... > ..... Cruelty .....

Auras (On Hrimnor's Resolve)
Spoiler
Determination + Malevolence + Summon Skitterbots + Purity of Fire

Utility (On Boots/Gloves)
Spoiler
Flame Dash > Infernal Cry > Lifetap > Flammability
Vaal Molten Shell > Cast When Damage Taken
Scorching Ray > Spell Totem

Items
Spoiler

You will also need a 8 passive 3 notable fire cluster and 2 DoT medium clusters with 2 passives.

Mapping and Map Mods
Spoiler
Apart from the regular stay-away map mods such as reflect or lowered defences (reduced aura effect, lowered block-armor, - max res etc.) we must be careful for these mods:

-Players have reduced recovery of life

Tips
Spoiler
-When regular mapping after some point your RF damage alone will be enough to run through packs, just some tanky rares gonna stop you which you can help melt with incinerate 8th wave ignite.

-When bossing, try to apply incinerate 8th wave ignite as much as you can, if you are not comfortable waiting for it you may drop a support gem for faster casting.

-If you find the build to be too slow and have enough damage to not care about standing still while mapping, you can get phase run at the cost of another gem of your choice.

Leveling
Spoiler
Go for the "Regenerate 1 Life per second for each 1% Uncapped Fire Resistance" node and the life regen cluster near the marauder start point to sustain RF.

Ascendancy - Bandits - Pantheon - Anoint - Enchants
Spoiler
Ascendancy - Chieftain

Bandits - Kill all

Pantheon - Soul of Arakaali - Soul of Garukhan

Anoint - Golem's Blood (or if you want damage maybe Growth and Decay?)

Enchantments:

Helm - RF Damage

Gloves - of inferno

Boots - 2% life regen

Expensive Upgrades
Spoiler
-+2 Amulet

-Good rolled +1 int gems body armor with +1 active gems

-A good double corrupt Hrimnor's Resolve

-Awakened versions of gems used in RF

-Good rolled rings with DoT essence spam

Content Videos
Spoiler
SOON

FAQ
Spoiler
Will add once I get enough questions :)
Editado por útlima vez por Zen_Zen_21 en 19 ago. 2023 21:39:54
Reflotado por última vez en 24 sept. 2023 19:18:45
why no legacy of fury boots?
"
Lyutsifer665 escribió:
why no legacy of fury boots?

I personally like more life and especially the life regen rate better, it is up to player choice I guess :)
Well written guide and good video as well TY TY. My first RF character was a chieftan like 5 yrs ago and when I saw the new ascendancy rework I wanted to play it again. So I will league start your build here, only thing I see thats a little scary is the max hit taken for physical damage is kinda scary. But im in!! GL to all in league starts!!
"
argoniashawks escribió:
Well written guide and good video as well TY TY. My first RF character was a chieftan like 5 yrs ago and when I saw the new ascendancy rework I wanted to play it again. So I will league start your build here, only thing I see thats a little scary is the max hit taken for physical damage is kinda scary. But im in!! GL to all in league starts!!

Thank you so much for your kind words. Yes phys max hit also worries me aswell :)

Glad you decided to league start my build, makes me so happy!

Btw, depending on patch notes I may update the build tho I don't think the patch notes will contain anything major (or anything at all other than some number changes) but we shall see. So keep an eye out for a potetial update after the patch notes.
seems great! i will league start this for sure!
I hope that the "stationary" node is a [conditional] buff in that it modifies the monster's "base" resistance -- thus giving us an extra -50% against most pinnacle bosses.

Unfortunately if the node modifies the "final" resistance of the monster instead of it's "base" resistance then what we have seems like a nerf as things like Flammability + Elemental Weakness + Exposure + Scorch does a pretty good job of lowering the resistance further than 0%. While there may be edge cases where "final res" is what you want lowered I think the tradeoff is super bad ... IMHO

If it matters I think I might try Chieftain ANYWAY and league start RF. While I think the ascendancy has a risk of being "dumpster tier" I think it will be OK during league start.

The gotcha is that, aside from resistances, there doesn't seem to be reliable recovery or any other mitigation anywhere on the ascendancy. Given that Chieftain likely needs to get all their PHYs mitigation, Chaos mitigation, and layers of recovery from gear + tree + skills there may not be enough left to also get damage -- which may also be in short supply for non-melee builds.

At least if the ascendancy does turn out to be garbage [or is only good with 100+ divine investments or with builds I simply don't like] then I should be able to respec to Zerker or Juggy and see what I can do there.
Editado por útlima vez por KingAlamar en 8 ago. 2023 12:31:10
"
Mistake280 escribió:
seems great! i will league start this for sure!

Thank you that makes me really happy!

"
KingAlamar escribió:
I hope that the "stationary" node is a [conditional] buff in that it modifies the monster's "base" resistance -- thus giving us an extra -50% against most pinnacle bosses.

Unfortunately if the node modifies the "final" resistance of the monster instead of it's "base" resistance then what we have seems like a nerf as things like Flammability + Elemental Weakness + Exposure + Scorch does a pretty good job of lowering the resistance further than 0%. While there may be edge cases where "final res" is what you want lowered I think the tradeoff is super bad ... IMHO

If it matters I think I might try Chieftain ANYWAY and league start RF. While I think the ascendancy has a risk of being "dumpster tier" I think it will be OK during league start.

The gotcha is that, aside from resistances, there doesn't seem to be reliable recovery or any other mitigation anywhere on the ascendancy. Given that Chieftain likely needs to get all their PHYs mitigation, Chaos mitigation, and layers of recovery from gear + tree + skills there may not be enough left to also get damage -- which may also be in short supply for non-melee builds.

At least if the ascendancy does turn out to be garbage [or is only good with 100+ divine investments or with builds I simply don't like] then I should be able to respec to Zerker or Juggy and see what I can do there.

I think the ascendancy modifies the base but we shall see. If that is the case someone suggested using punishment curse, even with blasphemy. So if it turns out that ascendancy modifies the final resistance I may try to integrate it into the build and update this post accordingly, also the video aswell with a pinned comment stating the update.
I'll cross my fingers and hope you're Right. Hopefully we don't need to wait MUCH longer [4 hours? 8 hours?] for patch notes.

As for the builds I'm looking at I think I'm likely VERY tanky to hits but things that turn off life recovery ; DoTs ; etc. are going to be a problem for me.

NOTE: After thinking about things my "league starter" would probably be better off as a 2nd or 3rd build but darn it I'm going to see what happens ... at least if patch notes doesn't compound the problems I got with the ascendancy rework.
Editado por útlima vez por KingAlamar en 10 ago. 2023 13:14:55
LMAO, what are these PoBs.

Even the "Modest gear" you put in is WAY better than ANYTHING you have yourself on your profile. And the endgame gear is mirror tier in every slot (6xT1).

I can only recommend everybody to stay away from this. Huge bait and very bad numbers for unrealistic expensive gear. Look at pohx.net instead if you wanna play RF.

This is not a PoE build, it is only a PoB build.
When your numbers are so bad that you don't wanna put in your real gear, you gotta be suspicious.
Editado por útlima vez por jendroo en 11 ago. 2023 11:02:25

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional