windows key shortcut malfunction

Hey,
I had an issue over the weekend where my keys would act like I was holding the windows key all the time. Pressing the numbers opened new windows in the task bar, "m" minimized windows etc.

I realize this could be either a Windows or PoE error, or even a physical (keyboard) malfunction.

However I have never gotten this in other games, and the functionality returned later, so I'm guessing the keyboard-malfunction is out the windows too.

It did happen several times though, and it was very annoying that the button that was meant for drinking a potion suddenly opened a new window...
I've not seen this happen before, so it is something local. If you can find exact steps to have it happen though, that'll let us test it out and see if it does anything. Were you in windowed, or fullscreen mode?
Balance & Design
Thanks for the reply.

That is peculiar, since the key bindings are much like the ones I've been using for many many hours en D2, it would seem weird if I was activating windows sticky keys all of a sudden.

I was running in full screen every time it happend by the way.

I tried to test if it had something to do with sticky keys, and where D2 would return me to the windows screen nothing like this happend in PoE, at least on the login screen.

Does this mean the windows short cuts are disabled or simply that they cant force PoE to minimize?

I couldn't recreate the issue again, and as I don't remember exactly what I was doing when it happend during the weekend, I guess I won't be of much more help.

Thanks for taking you time to answer though.

- I know I should turn off those stupid sticky keys, but now I'm going to keep them on to see if it happens again some other time :)
I've had the same thing happen to me twice now. Unfortunately, I don't recall any particular game conditions that may have lead up to it, but it has only happened to me in Path of Exile.

I'm running Windows 7 with an Intel processor and NVidia graphics card. I, too, was running the game fullscreen.
hi, just had the exact same error!

windows 7 64 , fullscreen , logitech wireless comfort keyboard
running PoE, Facebook, Winamp Radiostream, Texteditor, multiple Tabs on Firefox, Thunderbird

a friend of mine invited me in the social panel, i texted him a few times, then he didnt answer anymore

so i hit the "windows key" to switch to facebook - nothing happened for around 10 seconds.

i wanted to text him again, and suddenly i dropped to desktop, a lot of windows opened (explorer, search, system,...) and it seemed the message from poe was somehow transferred to the explorer commands instead of the message poe window

he said he didnt get any messages from me

i tried multiple times, but poe didnt allow me to text messages after that. so now i have restarted and i hope it will work again now

time was around 22.15 est +1 (Germany)
I get the same error.

I accidentally press the Windows Key and afterwards pressing Tab or the number keys where i have special abilities bound to causes all manor of unpredictable behavior such as minimizing and loading multiple instances of the game, loading explorer or causing that Windows 7/Vista 3D shuffling thing. It is very annoying because it always seem to happen when i am in the thick of it. Last time before this post was fighting the Siren boss

I am on Windows 7 64 bit with an I5 760 @ 4ghz with an AMD 7950 GPU

EDIT: Nevermind, the problem was resolved by disabling Desktop Composition, Disabling Themes and Running as Administrator via the compatibility mode of PoE shortcut
Editado por útlima vez por JaylumX en 8 jul. 2012 10:50:29
Nope, problem is still there (Signs)
Can you fix the problem by not pressing the windows key?

My laptop doesn't have a windows key, and thus, I have never experienced anything like this.

Maybe you're just hitting the windows key by accident, and not realizing it?
TehHammer is not a crime!
I've run into this error three or four times now. I've noticed that while the problem persists, the Windows Key is nonfunctional outside of the game.
While PoE thinks I'm holding WinKey down, hitting the key again to jog it back to normal hasn't work. Neither has holding it down to get a capslock+shift like effect.

I'm thinking that there's a good chance this only happens when I accidentally smack the WinKey while trying to hit Alt, but can't be 100% sure about that.

Having taken the time to write this, though, the windows key has gone back to normal and PoE has stopped giving me trouble. Strange.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional