Grim Down game?

Hey guys..
Is Grim Down anything like POE do you know?
It looked pretty cool after I saw a video posted on here about it.
Been looking for something similar to POE lol.
Reflotado por última vez en 31 mar. 2019 0:07:51
"
PrinceNiels escribió:
Hey guys..
Is Grim Down anything like POE do you know?
It looked pretty cool after I saw a video posted on here about it.
Been looking for something similar to POE lol.

Grim Dawn is an ARPG similar to PoE. It reminds me more of the older PoE before the speed of the game got so much faster. It is a good game.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Its somewhat like POE, but also much different. I good game i love to play at times, cannt wait to try out the new expansion on it.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
Its pretty slow-paced. Reminds me of titan quest. Pretty good game, it is indeed fun to play.
KenMan
Well if you want a comparison it's not similar in many aspects. It's the same genre but a lot more single player oriented, not much trading, more campaing/story/lore/challenge oriented and slow paced (might be too slow for some people) while still retaining endgame modes.

Some very big big advantages are that the game is cheap, something like ~30€ with all the dlcs, it's moddable (there is even auto loot pickup mods and infinite stash) and overall visually pleasing and has dat indie look. Crafting is accesible since there is a fair supply of components. Build theorycrafting is certainly a strenght because of the devotion system and dual class. Really fun to build chars on your own since refunding points is accessible.

Good game imo just not for everyone. Also btw the title is Grim Dawn. Just a reminder that is not the type of addictive multiplayer game that people play these days. DLCs really add a lot to the base game and wouldn't play it without them.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
Editado por útlima vez por IIPheXII en 30 mar. 2019 23:51:31
Like PoE as in same genre, minus the shitty economy balanced loot drops. You actually kill stuff for exciting loot in Grim Dawn. What a concept, right?
I personally love it. Combat Isn't as "fast paced" but at higher levels gets VERY busy. You simply have more going on then in PoE, whereas PoE is simply more "action". You won't have a primary/secondary skill system like PoE. you'll often have 6-10 skills you use regularly. This is where the "busy" comes from.

Character build in many ways can get as complex as PoE, but from different perspectives. it has a class structure, but you pick 2 classes, and each one has multiple Skill paths to follow, making it a very flexible system with dynamically different classes. Add to that a constellation (similar to the passive skill tree, different design), and character build is just as complex as PoE.

End game isn't like mapping, it's focused around running the same areas multiple times building gear sets and focusing on challenging very difficult world bosses (which often drop crazy loot). Each world boss takes a lot of thought and tactics to beat. It's not a steamroll with them...more like each one is a different elder/shaper fight.

Lore is amazing. It's very much like a steam punk wild west zombie apocalypse with magic thrown in. less voice-over, but if you pick up the stray notes, journal entries and letters throughout the game you'll find a very rich plotline with very human connections to it. I've gotten teary-eyed at some points in the game, not something that PoE brings out in me.

graphics are very gritty, much like PoE but from that steampunk wild west look. Customization isn't as complex...you basically collect skins (by finding the gear), and pick the gear looks you like best. no cash shop of course.

With the expansion they updated many of the mechanics making it a very smooth playing game. and though it is not an MMO like PoE, there are advantages to that. no LAG or LATENCY! and not even half the bugs that PoE has.
"
DamageIncorporated escribió:
Like PoE as in same genre, minus the shitty economy balanced loot drops. You actually kill stuff for exciting loot in Grim Dawn. What a concept, right?

Hehe great point! Gear drops are always exciting in Grim dawn. in PoE I tend to trade for 70% of my gear, and the exciting drops are few and far inbetween. Though I love PoE too, I do get tired of trading all the time. it's half of my game. In GD, you're always killing stuff, finding cool loot, and playing with it.

GD has gear much like PoE. It's greens are PoE's yellows, and they can be obscenely powerful, sometimes even change the playstyle of the character. Plus the epic sets that are tailored to a class (or two) with huge set bonuses, making collecting sets one of the pluses in the game.

You'll spend allot of time farming end game bosses and the world bosses for those choice greens.

I will say that PoE has a more in depth and diverse end game, but it feels less rewarding with the extra work you put into it. I tend to play Grim dawn, farm a bit on end game until I get some set drops that look cool for another class, and then re-roll. lots of cool choices to build with.
Editado por útlima vez por Temjiu en 31 mar. 2019 0:14:06

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional