3.11 Armageddon Chieftain - Ignite everything up to T16 on a 10C budget.

If you don't care about your damage being counted in shapers per second (which most of the time is bogus anyway due to PoB wonkery) - then this is the build for you.

If you don't want to invest anything, but want to experience all of the content - then this is the build for you.

If enjoy gunning things down on the run, while setting shit on fire - then this is the build for YOU.

3.11 - Armageddon Brand got buffed, tree got a little bit better, but we lost some QoL in form of perma-maxed endurance charges (tho Enduring Cry takes care of that). Overall it's a pretty substantial buff + you got more opportunities to push it with all the new toys and jewel clusters.

3.9 - Not much is going to change by the looks of it. There could be some nice uniques available, but no info on that yet. Emberwakes got a little bit better, while OOS got a little bit worse and we (like everyone else) got some nice late-game optional upgrade in the form of woke gems. So it should be a good league starter, just like it was before (gear prices are unlikely to change with all the bow hype).

Intro

Basic Concept

I wanted to run a build that doesn't need any currency to work, is outside of the current meta and is enjoyable from the get-go.

It's a simple plug and play kind of thing that doesn't require much effort but works well enough in all departments. You won't excel at dps or defense or speed, but you'll have all of your bases covered ensuring a nice and smooth ride through all of the available content.

Pros and Cons

Pros

+ Ultra cheap
+ Plays like a blend of a totem/dot build without any of the downsides
+ Quite tanky and mobile for a caster (you can run headfirst into the packs even at higher tiers)
+ Ignite pools are pretty sweet for the league mechanic
+ You feel special because no one runs AB in 3.8
+ HC viable (which depends on what you mean by it really, you can't really facetank bosses or extremely large packs, but you won't go down from a stray projectile either)

Cons

- Elemental Reflect, while doable is still very annoying and it's better to just reroll it.
- The investment ceiling is pretty low (couple of exalts I think), so for those people enjoying infinitely scaling builds this might be a turn-off.

Gameplay

Just pop them flasks and brand everything as you go.

QoL is very high due to how brands work (nearly instant cast speed and they keep doing their thing even if you move away, which is great for blight mechanic and general safety) + Chieftains built-in tankiness/regen (65% phys reduction while flasked, 5k life, 500+ regen) allows you to have zero downtime.

There's a more elaborate setup for bossing, with the curse on hit orb of storms to proc EO and EE (if you swing that way, I honestly never bother with equilibrium, it's too clunky to use) and dual scorching ray totems. It' not required by any means, but it boosts your single-target damage considerably and all you have to do is press two extra buttons every now and then, so yeah.

Build

Tree

https://pastebin.com/8R5jDjrh according to it, the overall deeps should be around 500k (multiply ignite dps by 3, because of emberwakes), with shock about 700k (1mil+ on 6 link). So don't expect to oneshot bosses, but they'll melt just fine, while packs explode as it is.

Early it should look something like this, don't feel bad about grabbing mostly life nodes on the way up to templar and witch trees, since Armageddon Brand is only available at 28 you'll be leveling with whatever comes in handy (I think I just ran with a bunch of melee skills from the previous patch, wanted to test em out)

My current setup looks like this, if you really wanna grab barbarism for that sweet 1% max fire res, you'll have to trade some regen and armor for it. I just don't care about min/maxing, especially when it works fine as it is, so I didn't bother.

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.11.0/AAAABAEDAQSzBg4Gwwj0CfYNzQ5IES0RlhJpE20UCRZvFxwZLho4HM4dFCAGIbAi9CPmJKolJyaIJy8n7Sf-KhMrUCycLpQw-DNsNPc1kjbpOlg6lDrYOuE8LT0PPmVM303jU41VxlZIWOVZ81orXUlmnmebakNsC20ZcWlxeXGFcg90pXase4x8g3y7ffl_xoKbg1-DzIPbj0aQVZMnl4WboZ9IogClZ6ZXpwismK2Nrv-vp7cwtz65frzqvWDE9sauyvLPGs9-1HzUj9gk2L3ZYdq542rmvuvu76vwH_Fs8kX31_rS_gr-VP6P?accountName=awesoweh&realm=pc&characterName=Burnmeamadeus

Bandits

Early it's better to take Alira, mana regen and resistances are great for leveling.

Switch to +2 points in the late game.

Ascendancy

Ramako -> Hinekora -> Tasalio -> Valako I got the last one very late in the game so it's not really required, still a nice boost to your defensive capabilities and a bit of damage on top of it.

Pantheon

Major - Lunaris
Minor - Gruthkul

Pantheon choices don't matter much, but extra phys reduction is always nice, so here we are.

Gear

Leveling

There are a few key levels when big upgrades become available so I'll elaborate on those.

Level 28 - Armageddon Brand becomes available. It doesn't really matter what you wear or use in terms of skills prior to that point, run whatever you want, after getting the brand though, you can start switching to something more appropriate.

Scepters with %elemental damage increases and flat elemental damage for spells are your best bet, wands and staves will do too. It's still early days and game is very easy, don't worry about upgrading everything too much and just keep playing.

Level 41 - Nycta's Lantern becomes available and it costs like 1 fusing

Pair it with a rare scepter or a shield if you feel squishy and it will carry you through the remaining acts.

Level 46 - Belly of the Beast become available and remains one of the best defensive options for the build till the very late game

It'll run you for about 6c, if you won't have enough currency at lvl 46 - don't worry, just pick it up later. Though in all likelihood you'll have enough alchemy orbs just from drops and you can trade em for chaos at 2:1 ratio.

Level 62 - Searing touch becomes available and it's probably the biggest boost to DPS you gonna get.

Most of them are in 1-3c range, look for the highest fire dot multiplier and fire damage stats.

Midgame

Around the time you get Searing touch start looking for a helmet with a Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 20 Burning Damage mod and some Life/resist.

It will serve as your pseudo five-link (or six-link if you are lucky) for the brand.

I got this bad boy for 1 chaos. Less duration is just a cherry on top and entirely optional, it gives you a bump in terms of damage, but cuts the QoL quite a bit, since you'll have to reapply Brands more often.

Emberwakes are available as early as 16 level, but there's no real rush in getting them prior to maps, they are a huge dps boost to your ignites so grabbing at least one by the time you start mapping is highly recommended. Look for the lowest ignited enemies burn X faster modifier (50 is the lowest it can get afaik).

They are about 1C per.

As for the rest of your gear just fill the gaps in your resistances and get as much life as you can.

All of the required gear sits neatly in a combined 10C range, as you start running maps and get more currency you can invest more in your life/resist rares and start saving up for the next wave of optional (but nice) upgrades.

Don't forget to shell out for 21 lvl or 20+ quantity (or both if you are that rich) armag brand and its supports. Another optional but nice damage upgrade.

Endgame

If you are still around and enjoying the build, there's no reason not to invest a little bit into it, BUT if you like living frugal, then by all means keep at it. I did my first T16 with 1 emberwake and a self-found life-res amulet.

Anyway, this should be in your sights as far as the next upgrades are concerned:

They start at 20c and above, it's still dirt cheap all things considering, but I actually got mine at lvl 90.

If you have the means look for Watcher's Eye with Anger related mods

Kaom's and Cinderswallow are also good upgrades come late game.

Flasks

This is likely the most flexible part of the build and you can tailor your defensive options according to your sensibilities. I don't really like RNG and I enjoy moving at a steady pace, so getting phys reduction flasks and phasing + quicksilver was the only viable choice for me.

All of them are available from doing quests and plenty drop during the campaign, so you should be set by the time you reach maps. The mods you can roll yourself with the alt orbs you find during leveling. Bleed/Freeze/Curse immunity are mandatory for a smooth ride, the rest is up to you.

Gems

Armageddon Brand Setup

It's the basic 4-link setup that can you get really early in the game, it' not really gonna change come late game due to our utilization of super cheap and common pseudo 5/6-link helmets

Cast When Damage Taken Setup

You can change the golem and guard skills for any of their counterparts. I like shell because it fits thematically, and the stone golem is there just because I was testing out stuff with RF. The difference between the options for this setup is minuscule, so just do what you feel like doing with it.

Orb of Storms Setup (for Bossing and such)

Crit increase is there to proc Elemental Overload consistently, the rest is a pretty typical curse on hit setup

Auras

Again, nothing out of ordinary, just a nice deeps buff. Malevolence is supposedly better, but meh, we are all about fire baby, gotta keep it within the theme. Speaking of themes, unless you are really all about that A E S T H E T I C, you are much better off trading Herald of Ash for Skitterbots as they provide more utility and damage, and kinda work like a budget version of Yoke

Scorching Ray Totem Setup

Just something a little extra to push that single target damage

Misc

This is my first time making one of them guides, typos and such will likely happen, englandski is not my first language etc. so be gentle.

Other Builds: Got only one so far - Oro's Flicker Jugg https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2719731

Videos and serious number crunching will come at later date.
Editado por útlima vez por awesoweh en 30 jun. 2020 13:35:25
Reflotado por última vez en 21 dic. 2020 5:39:53
Finally!

I've been playing Armageddon Chieftain for the past two leagues, but I was completely lost at end game, had to figure out what other people was using with POEninja.

Thanks for this guide, and for the down-to-earth approach! I don't care about shaper DPS or yet another cyclone build, this seems like a solid build!

Just hit level 70 and so far I'm melting content (Haha). Just finished a tier 7 elder map. I don't have a totem set up or orb of storms set up for bosses yet but the brands do decent enough damage and I just flame dash around to keep Arcane Surge up.

Awesome build so far! Can't wait to invest some $$ and get it leveled to see how far I can take it! Thanks for the guide
Any suggestions on skills to use at a low level until starting to get Armageddon brand?
This looks pretty good, any vods of mapping/bossing?

how does the prolif work? do we get powerful clear?

how does it hold up performance wise, does it lag?
"
Kroyd escribió:
Finally!

I've been playing Armageddon Chieftain for the past two leagues, but I was completely lost at end game, had to figure out what other people was using with POEninja.

Thanks for this guide, and for the down-to-earth approach! I don't care about shaper DPS or yet another cyclone build, this seems like a solid build!

Cheers and yeah it's a pretty solid all-rounder, not the most powerful thing I played for sure, but it gets the job done, is fun and has no real glaring flaws.

"
NazBison escribió:
Just hit level 70 and so far I'm melting content (Haha). Just finished a tier 7 elder map. I don't have a totem set up or orb of storms set up for bosses yet but the brands do decent enough damage and I just flame dash around to keep Arcane Surge up.

Awesome build so far! Can't wait to invest some $$ and get it leveled to see how far I can take it! Thanks for the guide

Cheers man, glad you are enjoying it. As for investment, Kaom's might be a decent upgrade along with other stuff mentioned in OP, but with no sockets you'll likely have to axe CWDT setup (which isn't doing THAT much to be fair), so it's a bit of a trade-off.

"
Deathxp100 escribió:
Any suggestions on skills to use at a low level until starting to get Armageddon brand?

Whatever floats your boat, I was just testing new melee skills (from previous league) as I was leveling. If you are interested in speeding through content till you get the brand, than I'd recommend running frost blades with a decent low lvl unique (redbeak and such).

"
frawrst escribió:
This looks pretty good, any vods of mapping/bossing?

how does the prolif work? do we get powerful clear?

how does it hold up performance wise, does it lag?

No vods for the time being, had to shelve the game due to work (and hit my 24 challenge goal anyway so it's highly unlikely that i'll come back before next league). But in a lot of ways it plays similar to ed/cont builds (pre-nerf), but more mobile.

Ignite proliferation support provides everything we need in terms of pack clearing, it's really useful for league mechanic since ignite pools stay on the ground for a good while and you don't have to reapply brands on every lane continuously to keep them in check.

Since you can only have 5 brands at a time it doesn't really affect performance much (if at all), compared to some spammy builds it's pretty much lag free (huge pack explosions aside, but it has less to do with the build and more with the game).

Editado por útlima vez por awesoweh en 11 oct. 2019 2:32:50
Your pastebin links are not working ...
In game since Minotaur League..
"
Hellzwraith escribió:
Your pastebin links are not working ...

Something is wrong with the forums I think, a workaround for the time being - just copy the link in plain text and paste into your browser's adress bar.
So I never tried a brand build before and Im trying to get the feel for the build. What Im doing is casting my 4brands i have at the moment, speed potion and then flame dash into packs and hit brand recall. If they all die move on, if not do it until they all die. Is that the basic idea, flame dash keeps arcane surge up and recall refrshes and gives mana, and its a very fast movement build? Im also trying to decide it I want to link phase run with a cast when damage taken or as a use per cool instead. So far so good - heading to the Big Spider Boss and not having many issues at lvl 56 so far...
In game since Minotaur League..
What would the six link be like if i wanted to put the armageddon brand links for example in the searing touch

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional