[3.9] Fists of Fire | Boss Killer | Unarmed Cyclone | Cheap [Unique Heavy]

First of all: I really like the idea of this build, and am currently trying it myself. Seriously considering this as a starter in 3.8, along with a Necro probably. I appreciate the effort you put into this.

Some other notes/things/questions:
- I managed to beat Shaper with it (have not tried Uber Elder yet). Despite the high life, I do find the defenses somewhat lacking. Do you see a way to make the build tankier, without sacrificing a lot of damage?
- I wonder what your level 100 passive tree would look like. It might be nice to include it.
- I see you use The Wise Oak flask. I never really used it before. I wonder whether it is important to keep all resistances equal in that case? Right now, I use a curse flask instead.
- Is there a reason you prefer to use Dash over Flame Dash? Maybe I'm too used to Flame Dash, but I find the mobility options of Dash rather limited.
Hello!

Defenses are one of the cons of the build, but it's really only an issue if you want to push deep delve. I'm around 500 depth with no issues ... some of the deep delve bosses are a little challenging, but I'm okay with that. Using this build, Uber Elder is an easy fight from about lvl 93 onward, especially with decent gear. The damage is so good, and the leech so solid, the only thing you really need to watch out for is the one-shot, and once you have about 5,800 life, that issue presents itself rarely.

That said, here are a few easy ways to address defenses:

1) Get some blind on hit ... easiest place to do this is on jewels
2) Drop Herald of Ash and use Arctic Armour
3) Get an Elder chest with lots of life (though this is a huge hit to dps as Bronn's is definitely BiS for dps)
4) Go with more defensive flasks (Rumi's)
5) Swap Devoto's Devotion for a high life, high resist rare with phys dmg taken as ele
6) Get "enfeeble on hit" or "temporal chains on hit" corruption on Facebreakers
7) Set up a Vortex CWDT (area chill)

I'm sure there are several other things too, but these are the things that I've either done while leveling, or things that come to mind.

I don't have a lvl 100 tree ... 95 is my personal lvl cap, if you know what I mean. But if I were to hit lvl 100, I'd definitely just put those points into life nodes.

Wise Oak is amazing! You don't really have to have all resists equalized, but you definitely want Fire to have the highest resist. I usually do shoot for making them all equal, but I am also fine with having Cold and Lightning equal. That's how I am running currently.

I have been using Flame Dash for some time now. There was a bug with it early league and I wanted to try the new dash, but I'd recommend Flame Dash as the movement skill for this build as of 3.7.

My current gem setup looks like this:

Flame Dash
Vaal Ancestral Warchief
War Banner
Precision
Herald of Purity
Herald of Ash
Blood Rage
CWDT --> Immortal Call --> Wave of Conviction --> Orb of Storms (to proc Elemental Overload)
Blood and Sand

Cyclone (Uber Elder or 5-Way Timeless)-->Elemental Damage w/ Attacks-->Melee Phys-->Infused Channeling-->Fortify-->Elemental Focus

Cyclone (Mapping)-->Elemental Damage w/ Attacks-->Melee Phys-->Infused Channeling-->Pulverize-->Increase AoE

When I'm mapping, I also swap in Rigwald's Curse for my ammy just because it's difficult to take enough damage to reliably proc Elemental Overload. With RC, EO is up pretty much 100%.

I'm also probably going to use this build as a league start for 3.8. It's so cheap and the damage is bonkers by Act 3. Hopefully not too many people catch on to this build as it was nice being the only one in 3.7. I got to snap up a ton of cheap Signal Fire quivers for corrupting.

Saw this build yesterday and was intrigued so decided to respec from berseker to this and it took me about half the day but once I got rolling I was so happy with the results.

Even further I spied on your character to see what your current tree, gear, and gems were and essentially copied that.

With a decent investment into my new amulet, getting lucky as hell on coloring a bronn's (within 10 1r1b to get 3r,2b,1g), and spamming shrieking contempts, I was able to get close to 2.2m dps per POB with minimal effort.

Thank you for your post this morning. I felt EO was underwelming so I'll look into grabbing a Rigwalds and swapping gems for mapping (luckily, I have them both already leveled from previous build).

Question about War Banner, do you use it all the time or just for boss fights? I have a hard time remembering to place banner and reset after whatever I'm fighting.

Do you keep blood and sand in blood or sand stance?

So glad I found this with a week to go before new league, gives me a chance to trial and error a few things and get ready for Blight. I will be running this build.

Feel free to make any gear suggestions if you have the time, thanks!

Hey Teerick,

Your gear is pretty solid, but there are a couple of things you could do. The biggest opportunity would be trying to get a XX% of phys as extra fire dmg corrupt on your quiver. Might be a little tough this late in the league, but you should be able to buy them for under 15c for corrupting.

I'd also suggest a different belt. Meginord's would probably give you more dps than your current belt. Perseverance, Ryslatha's, The Flow Untethered, Belt of the Deceiver or an offensive-geared Stygian are also solid options.

Lastly, the 16% attack speed enchant on boots is a big dps boost, if farming lab is your thing.

Hope you have a blast with this build in 3.8. It should be even better with the cyclone AoE changes.
"
SaintCabal escribió:
Hey Teerick,

Your gear is pretty solid, but there are a couple of things you could do. The biggest opportunity would be trying to get a XX% of phys as extra fire dmg corrupt on your quiver. Might be a little tough this late in the league, but you should be able to buy them for under 15c for corrupting.

I'd also suggest a different belt. Meginord's would probably give you more dps than your current belt. Perseverance, Ryslatha's, The Flow Untethered, Belt of the Deceiver or an offensive-geared Stygian are also solid options.

Lastly, the 16% attack speed enchant on boots is a big dps boost, if farming lab is your thing.

Hope you have a blast with this build in 3.8. It should be even better with the cyclone AoE changes.

When buying uncorrupted quivers with 30% or higher phys to fire, there aren't many of them for sale this late in the league or they're 30c+. I've corrupted 5 so far, bricked 3 of them, and the 33% is the highest I've had not brick.

The belt was an intel option from another build, but the 50% crit and 25% all res are really nice adds, I might look at getting a stygian for more life, as life is my real issue at the moment, but was running a kaom's before so it didn't matter.

Ran lab 4-5 times before giving up on boot enchant, it was on my to do list but I never got back around to it and league ends in like 5 days :D

Solid feedback, appreciate it.
Hey Teerick,

Realized I didn't address your questions about Blood and Sand, and War Banner.

War Banner ... I never place the banner ... it's a ridiculous dmg boost, but more damage is not really needed. Plus, the buff doesn't last long, and I too always forget to reset. I'm really running it just for the accuracy.

For B&S, I usually map in Sand and flip to Blood for things like Uber Elder and 5-Way Timeless.

Sorry to hear you haven't been having much luck on the quiver. If this build catches on in 3.8, it might be equally tough to get a nice Signal Fire.

For the belt, the extra crit is really not that useful. The best way to proc EO is with a CWDT+Orb of Storms setup. But this is really only going to proc when facing high level content. I find when mapping (T1-T13), I don't get hit enough to really proc OE. If I feel I need the extra dps, that's when I equip the Rigwald's Curse.

The whole crit vs. Resolute Technique is a real tough call on this build. On the one hand, OE is a straight up 40% more damage. But it requires running Precision + War Banner. And it also requires a crit-source. CWDT-Orb of Storms is unreliable (outside of T14+ maps) and Rigward's Curse uses up a pretty valuable ammy slot. For a long time I was running this build with RT, and I may very well got back to that version for 3.8, at least for lvls 1-85. For end game grinds and deep delve, a nice rare ammy with CWDT+Orb of Storms is easily the optimal setup.

Also, for boot enchanting, don't forget about the Twice Enchanted prophecy. Can really help a lot when targeting a specific enchant.
Editado por útlima vez por SaintCabal en 29 ago. 2019 8:51:20
Updated to reflect upon 3.8 Patch Note changes.
I am definitely keeping an eye on this build guide. Still not sure what to use as a Blight starter, but this one is in the running! :)
Lol why is Adrenaline ticket in PoB?
Editado por útlima vez por Spaznik en 6 sept. 2019 7:05:24
Was probably just looking at top-end damage with War Banner placement, which give Adrenaline for a short duration when used, and then forgot to unclick it.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional