[3.14] Aspect of Carnage Ground Slam Berserker, Bosser, Fast, League starter

"
Braan79 escribió:
Great guide. As I like ground slam I'll give it a try.

A question about watcher's eye:
Would the watcher's eye with "xx % increased physical attack damage" not be much stronger? This can go up to over 50 % extra physical attack damage which should be a big dmg boost.

I'm assuming your meaning the 40-60% increased physical attack damage while affected by pride. You are correct in that it's better than a rare, however because there is so much increased damage from the tree and its additive it would only net about 4.5-7.5% damage. +2 impale mod would give about 20% more damage and the chance to deal double damage with pride mod will average out to 8-12% damage based on the roll. Both of those mods are better than the increased physical attack damage.

Edit: Ran the real math instead of guessing. Incorrectly stated it was 6-10% more damage when its actually 4.5-7.5% based on the watchers eye roll and how much strength you have.
Editado por útlima vez por Ekule731 en 10 oct. 2019 13:59:11
"
Yust4Fuun escribió:
I always wanted to do a ground slam build. And i will give this a try!
But since I have a really insane 2H Axe I wanted to ask if it would be possible to go for a 2H aswell. OFC with changes in the Passive Tree.

I'll get to work on a passive tree for you, and I can post it in the build guide as well. Your axe does have to be pretty godly in order to do comparable damage though just fyi because of the way attack speed makes physical damage from everywhere but your weapons more effective. Would you prefer a pure damage based tree or for some reduced enemy stun threshold?

Edit: Here is the raw damage 2hand tree. Most of the good stun passives are for maces. If your 2handed axe is 6linked then you dont need a 6link chest. If your axe has fortify support or something on it then fit in brutality or maim support. Brutality will be more damage if your not planning on getting any physical as extra effects from flasks.

https://www.poeplanner.com/ABIAAQUAEiEAAH_kUVBH7w4UIJd5CZY5DusJhVLZYa2Nz352rOoY9zJ82fjru-2RzvPdaGVkUsGj4mEwd1n-FHHZfIIH8kHSIZ7N8pxul_e-DjzscYWPgy46Uq5Qe3Rlp7yfGJH8SxRNhmBhUiFVLPuKIicgNugaVVivqW79MIiPGuRqpcAabzt4DbXyNZLYvf4K8kU64f6PTeOmV3JsbEYyCYTZR369NmVNvqeplIdqeHqpJ4TvouoS4drBLlPTb3TtBS1670MxwzNaGkz_c2emjXVOZfCfidAsOxQj6i20xxlRY9w9B3XApsbYWGM9_IzP9khfP2EhIZDqEPhfX9CnbeDYFukkNwAAAAAA
Editado por útlima vez por Ekule731 en 10 oct. 2019 14:10:30
Yes my Axe has Fotify and about 700pdps.
Okay thank you very much for the tree!! Ill try it as soon as my Char is around 90. And if it sucks i can still swap too 1H too ;)
Editado por útlima vez por Yust4Fuun en 10 oct. 2019 10:57:53
amazing build managed to kill uber elder first time ever with this and i have killed him multiple times in the blight league using this character solid all round
I'm quite satisfied with this build. The dmg is amazing and survivability is better than I thought.

Two questios:
- what do you think about an Impresence with vulnerability without mana reservation? I tested it (Blasphemy+Vulnerability) and it the dmg was quite good
- you don't use berserk? Because it burns the rage too fast?

Thx and best regards!
"
Braan79 escribió:
I'm quite satisfied with this build. The dmg is amazing and survivability is better than I thought.

Two questios:
- what do you think about an Impresence with vulnerability without mana reservation? I tested it (Blasphemy+Vulnerability) and it the dmg was quite good
- you don't use berserk? Because it burns the rage too fast?

Thx and best regards!

I did actually think about impresence with vulnerability. There are 2 main flaws with this. You must use a vulnerability link setup which means you either sacrifice your vaal skills or you have to drop kaom's roots which are important on several levels. Besides that the amulet is the easiest source of dex/int and your other gear would have to accomidate. If you are using curse on hit implicit tombfists, then the curses would compete. Considering you could so easily pick up vulnerability tombfists and not have to worry about not being able to get stats on amulet and needing more gem slots, I decided not to mention it in the guide. If you have a setup you enjoy then keep running it. Its your character.

When it comes to beserk, it does give some significant damage during its duration, but you get a 75% attack speed penalty when its over. I chose to use the vaal skills that dont have downsides instead. I will do some more testing with the gem, and ill probably add beserk to the build guide just so people know its an option even if I dont recommend it.

Edit: With beserk I ran the numbers. You gain 20% more attack speed with beserk active, but when you reach 0 rage, not only did you lose the 20% more attack speed, but you effectively have 35% LESS attack speed from losing what the rage gives. You gain 20% MORE damage with beserk and LOSE about 19% damage when its over (from the 150% reduced attack damage). Considering it takes much longer to gain 50 rage than to lose it, with that the approximate uptime you'll have it will average out to you at best equivalent damage to without it. If you ONLY use it to burst the boss down then its a somewhat viable skill, perhaps being able to push out vaal haste, but only for bosses without phases.
Editado por útlima vez por Ekule731 en 11 oct. 2019 22:59:01
thx for quick response. I can run Impresence with Blasphemy and Vulnerability in this gem slot setup:

body armor: six link ground slam (6)
helmet: auras+enlighten (4)
gloves (spiked gloves): cwdt (4)
weapon 1: leap slam+faster att+blood magic (3)
weapon 2: vaal warchief, Blasphemy + Vulnerability (3)

so I still can use Kaom's root, only thing missing is Vaal Haste, but as I'm using Vaal molten shell, Vaal Ground slam and Vaal Warchief I dont have room for another Vaal skill
"
Braan79 escribió:
thx for quick response. I can run Impresence with Blasphemy and Vulnerability in this gem slot setup:

body armor: six link ground slam (6)
helmet: auras+enlighten (4)
gloves (spiked gloves): cwdt (4)
weapon 1: leap slam+faster att+blood magic (3)
weapon 2: vaal warchief, Blasphemy + Vulnerability (3)

so I still can use Kaom's root, only thing missing is Vaal Haste, but as I'm using Vaal molten shell, Vaal Ground slam and Vaal Warchief I dont have room for another Vaal skill

Running spiked gloves and dropping vaal haste does give enough room for that. If you like that setup then have fun with it. Ill add it to the alternate options part of the build guide when I can find time for it. For some reason I was thinking that the vulnerability and blasphemy setup was a 3link or something.

Currently Level 80: 5.2k life 112k tooltip/ 221k Shaper DPS in PoB with Pride, Banner, Purity and Blood and Sand

Thoroughly enjoying the build so far. Went with a ground slam angle enchant on a Starkonja although I don't need the dex but currently not able to find a Fossil crafted helm or a good base to craft on yet. Have a nice Vermillion Ring to replace the Sapphire once I hit 80.

Tombfists: 90c
Starkonja: 30c.
Boots: 10c
Chest: 7ex
Weapons: 2-3ex. 435/389 Pdps. Went with Siege Axes just for the APS although i dont believe its necessary.
Rings and Ammy were from previous characters.

Can't wait to hit Red Maps and hit the true endgame.
Editado por útlima vez por Mech_ en 14 oct. 2019 19:24:46
"
Mech_ escribió:

Thoroughly enjoying the build so far. Went with a ground slam angle enchant on a Starkonja although I don't need the dex but currently not able to find a Fossil crafted helm or a good base to craft on yet. Have a nice Vermillion Ring to replace the Sapphire once I hit 80.

Tombfists: 90c
Starkonja: 30c.
Boots: 10c
Chest: 7ex
Weapons: 2-3ex. 435/389 Pdps. Went with Siege Axes just for the APS although i dont believe its necessary.
Rings and Ammy were from previous characters.

Can't wait to hit Red Maps and hit the true endgame.

Glad To hear your enjoying it so far. With your gear endgame should be rather satisfying.
The shaper dps should be much higher with your impale, 50% more damage for closer enemies, intimidate, etc. Last I checked PoB couldnt calculate impale properly, although he might have gotten it fixed by now.
Editado por útlima vez por Ekule731 en 15 oct. 2019 11:51:05

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional