PoE and SLI

While testing PoE out, I did check the usage of my gfx-cards. I use 2x Gigabyte 460GTX OC, with the latest official drivers. With this, I shouldn't have any issue running PoE at the highest graphical settings. And I don't, but the game doesn't use both my cards, just one of them and it just used it to around 80%.

Now, this wouldn't be a problem if my FPS was locked at 60, at all times. However, at random places my fps dropped down to around 40 and created a stuttering to the game. Which I at first thought was microstuttering but since it only uses one of my cards, that can't be the case. Even with the fps jumping up and down, the game doesn't maximize the utility of my card, it never went higher than 80%.

Around 90% of the time, I was far above 60 fps and the game ran smoothly. But the other 10%, when it started to act wierd, it had quite negative impact of the game and the feeling of it. I assume SLI-support will be added in time and that it isn't on the highest priority, but it would be good to see it added. Especially for people with earlier generation of gfx-cards that uses SLI and not be able to use it.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional